Time to move on

Guest Humphries1

Guest Humphries1

Iv'e had the orange San Diego nearly a year, to date its probably been the best phone i've ever had, its been fast, reliable and excellent value for money. However, for me it was time to move on, like many i have checked this forum daily in hope of a jelly bean up date or a fix for the locked bootloader, but it never came. i don't want to sound ungrateful and wish to thank the people who tried to unlock the bootloader and who have chased orange and xolo about the jelly bean update. However, these limitations have caused me to move on, i have recently purchased a Samsung galaxy s2 from ebay for around 140 pound, i know its not the latest of technology, yet it comes unlocked and with jelly bean. I'm not saying that everyone should jump ship because the San Diego is an excellent phone, but if an unlocked bootloader and jelly bean are important, there are other option available. Final comment is me saying thanks to the people who tried to unlock the phone, and i wish you the best of luck.

Guest BlueMoonRising

Are you going to sell the S2 if they don't release 4.2 on it not to mention 4.3 is apparently in the air? Each to their own but it seems strange to me personally that you're willing to spend another £140 (you must have bought the OSD @ £200 price point) just to get JB? Is JB worth that to you?

Guest Humphries1

1. I did not spend 200 pound on the phone 2. i did not purchase the s2 purely for jelly bean and will not sell it when later version of it come out, surely i am also able to sell the OSD and make some money back. The message of my last post was to thank the people who have helped with issues such as root and the power button issue etc. However, i think BlueMoonRising misinterpreted that message, but i am glad i am able to set the record straight. Thanks for your productive response princess.

Guest BlueMoonRising

I think humpy misinterpreted my questions, perhaps he should remove his head from his own backside and read it again.

If you've had it nearly a year as you claim then you must have bought it around June last year when it was launched @ £200 minus any cash back, it didn't drop in price until October I believe.

"i know its not the latest of technology, yet it comes unlocked and with jelly bean... if an unlocked bootloader and jelly bean are important" that seems to suggest that JB is the reason you bought it, I'm not responsible for your lack of communication skills if that's not what you meant.

Where did I say you could not sell it?

My post was just a polite enquiry as to your thinking but apparently I over estimated your intelligence.

So have a nice day little boy.

Guest Humphries1

For your information i did not purchase it for 200 pound i brought it off gumtree for a good price. You suggest that the only reason i brought the phone was because of JB, thank god you suggested and did not state is as a fact. There are several reasons why i brought the phone, jelly bean included, other include a better camera, unlocked so i can put a giff gaff sim into it, dual core processor the list goes on. I think even you the mighty BlueMoonRising would agree that it is a good spec regardless of its age. I also SUGGESTED that i could sell the OSD to get some money back, which may take the sting out of the 140 price. I know you are a big noise around the modaco forums and congratulations for that, but reading some of your post over the last few months you do appear to be very condescending and maybe that why i inferred your SUGGESTIONS to be a little rude. I won't try to evaluate your intelligence over the internet or call you nasty names, but i will wish you a delightful day my little ray of sunshine and wish that all your dreams come to. I hope this concludes our little conversation as i have no plans on reading this forum again, however if you wish to respond and make yourself feel the big man please feel free i'm sure it will make all the difference in your life. Lots and lots of love Humpy xx. P.S i'm glad we have kept to the real purpose of this forum.

Guest BlueMoonRising

" You suggest that the only reason i bought the phone was because of JB," I did no such thing.

"surely i am also able to sell the OSD", your words.

"I know you are a big noise around the modaco forums", news to me bud, I've just tried to help people on the OSD forum.

"you do appear to be very condescending", perhaps you could show examples? No, I didn't think so.

"maybe that why i inferred your SUGGESTIONS to be a little rude", again I'm not responsible for your lack of communication skills(that means reading and writing just in case you don't understand the big words).

"or call you nasty names", "Thanks for your productive response princess", can you see the mistake? No? No surprise there.

I'm sorry if life hasn't gone the way you would have hoped(which seems obvious given your bitterness) however once again I'm not responsible.

We both know you WILL read this(you just can't help yourself can you) and I hope life does improve for you in the future but you really do need to get over your bitterness.

Guest glossywhite

I see I'm not the only person whom you take issue with, BlueMoonRising. As I thought, you have a problem with everyone who doesn't agree with you, and I am relieved not to have once taken your bitter comments personally. I hope - for your own sake - you will learn to be kinder and more humble towards people, especially total strangers, as I am sure you are a lovely person underneath all the anger and resentment of others - something in life must have caused you to be so abrupt and rude - I am sure you were not born this way my good man.

Take care.

Guest BlueMoonRising

I see I'm not the only person whom you take issue with, BlueMoonRising. As I thought, you have a problem with everyone who doesn't agree with you, and I am relieved not to have once taken your bitter comments personally. I hope - for your own sake - you will learn to be kinder and more humble towards people, especially total strangers, as I am sure you are a lovely person underneath all the anger and resentment of others - something in life must have caused you to be so abrupt and rude - I am sure you were not born this way my good man.

Take care.

Ahh, so much for the "I forgive you" crap.

"underneath all the anger and resentment of others", is this yourself your talking about?

"more humble towards people", this from the man who was only just bragging about how he ripped off Orange and got some outdated tech in return.

I notice you have no comment on Humphries1 who started this by being rude and ignorant so I guess this can only be you baiting myself.

Guest i am not a hacker

"underneath all the anger and resentment of others", is this yourself your talking about?

"more humble towards people", this from the man who was only just bragging about how he ripped off Orange and got some outdated tech in return.

I notice you have no comment on Humphries1 who started this by being rude and ignorant so I guess this can only be you baiting myself.

well said

Guest BlueMoonRising

i remember when we would talk code ect here now its insults .....

Ahh, true. Perhaps we can get back to it. Although it's probably going to need Intel to unlock the bootloader for us so we have anything to actually post... :(

Guest glossywhite

It's a pity you seem incapable of answering me calmly and without insults. I truly feel for someone so angry and jealous of others, and yet - when I consider how much you've previously wound me up, I then take much relief in the fact that it could be worse for me than to merely encounter such an angry person - I could *be* you, and thankfully I'm not, as all you ever do is wind people up with your badly disguised passive aggression.

You need a hug? Go and hug someone. If I knew you I'd give you a hug, as noone can possibly be this horrible ALL the time - you just need to be appreciated - we all do.

Guest i am not a hacker

It's a pity you seem incapable of answering me calmly and without insults. I truly feel for someone so angry and jealous of others, and yet - when I consider how much you've previously wound me up, I then take much relief in the fact that it could be worse for me than to merely encounter such an angry person - I could *be* you, and thankfully I'm not, as all you ever do is wind people up with your badly disguised passive aggression.

You need a hug? Go and hug someone. If I knew you I'd give you a hug, as noone can possibly be this horrible ALL the time - you just need to be appreciated - we all do.

if you want to reduce the number of arguments get in here, stop being so patronising

Guest BlueMoonRising

if you want to reduce the number of arguments get in here, stop being so patronising

His post above was written before his apology on a separate thread, perhaps he could remove it?