Any way to extend whatsapp free?

Guest nabby21

Guest nabby21

Hi, so yes, my whatsapp service expired after about 3 years of use which I think is stupid and now they are asking me to pay. Though its only 69p, its annual for start and just the fact its been free so long, id really rather not pay, especially when I know its completely free on Iphone. Its not fair IMO. So anyone know how I can extend it?

Guest joandrade

Hi, so yes, my whatsapp service expired after about 3 years of use which I think is stupid and now they are asking me to pay. Though its only 69p, its annual for start and just the fact its been free so long, id really rather not pay, especially when I know its completely free on Iphone. Its not fair IMO. So anyone know how I can extend it?

No. Don't be cheap. They provide a great service.

Guest glossywhite

Trying to skimp on a 69p app is just beyond mean, seriously. If you can setup a competing service and provide it, worldwide, to customers for 69p A YEAR, I'll buy you a pork pie :P

Guest Andymac1969

You tight BASKET!!!!

Guest TangerineTractor
or use a free alternative

line and tango are apparently popular and also offer free calls

None of the others are as good as whatsapp for quick simple alternative to text and mms. Their business model is to get you hooked in on effectively an extended trial, after which the price is so low that it's too much hassle to find an alternative at get all your contacts to do the same. At just over a penny a week its not worth thinking about alternatives really... I've looked at loads of others, specifically cross platform apps to use between my phone and my iPad... the only one worth considering is messageme, but even that is just not as slick as whatsapp. For the price, it really is a no brainer, and congratulations to the authors for devising a marketing and pricing strategy that really works for all parties..

Edited by TangerineTractor

Guest tillaz

None of the others are as good as whatsapp for quick simple alternative to text and mms. Their business model is to get you hooked in on effectively an extended trial, after which the price is so low that it's too much hassle to find an alternative at get all your contacts to do the same. At just over a penny a week its not worth thinking about alternatives really... I've looked at loads of others, specifically cross platform apps to use between my phone and my iPad... the only one worth considering is messageme, but even that is just not as slick as whatsapp. For the price, it really is a no brainer, and congratulations to the authors for devising a marketing and pricing strategy that really works for all parties..

i would disagree, i personally find tango better (calls / text / pictures) took me two seconds to recommend it to my whole phone book.

i have heard some networks block stuff like this, but for me on t-moble it works perfect

but if someone is refusing to pay the 69p a year there is no other option than to look else where lol

we all have are personal preferences, whats good for one might not be for the other ;)

Guest kyan31

i would disagree, i personally find tango better (calls / text / pictures) took me two seconds to recommend it to my whole phone book.

i have heard some networks block stuff like this, but for me on t-moble it works perfect

but if someone is refusing to pay the 69p a year there is no other option than to look else where lol

we all have are personal preferences, whats good for one might not be for the other ;)

Tango doesn't work very well on the G300, its very slow and chunky, probably because of our limited RAM. Whatsapp however runs very smooth and silently in the background :)

Guest tillaz

Tango doesn't work very well on the G300, its very slow and chunky, probably because of our limited RAM. Whatsapp however runs very smooth and silently in the background smile.png

it worked fine on my parents old G300s, and my old LG O2X and even my daughters old blade II, they all have 512mb RAM... :huh:

but its like i said "whats good for me might not be for others" its just my personal preference.

i even prefer Gtalk over whatsapp (free voice / video calls and text) its just missing the ability to send pictures :(

Guest krishang3

Stop being cheap just buy it or refer to a free alternative.

No harsh feelings Lol

Edited by krishang3