571 replies to this topic

telonius

telonius

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300
New version up. See changelog on first post.
Much better handling of RAM usage.

cjcandrei

cjcandrei

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • Devices:Ascend G300
Hi,
What cm dazz base version does this 7.0 version use? Is this using latest nightly or an older version?

blacksh4dow

blacksh4dow

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Devices:Ascend G300, Galaxy mini
It's based on CM6, lol.

It's compiled from source using Dazzozo's config.

cjcandrei

cjcandrei

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • Devices:Ascend G300

It's based on CM6, lol.

It's compiled from source using Dazzozo's config.

Ok thanks, my mistake. I tought it has a cm10.1 version as a baseline and then put something additional on top. I was asking because the incall volume has been fixed in latest cm10.1 and I don't know if thjs rom includes those fixes...
Thanks

dannchelu

dannchelu

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Devices:huawei ascend g300
It's cm10.1 as the title says JB 4.2.2

y4ss1n

y4ss1n

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts
  • Twitter:@y4s1nne
thanks for this new update, my phone feels faster & ram management is much better indeed

right new this rom is perfect for me, except for the call volume issue (would be awesome if this gets fixed)

Edited by y4ss1n, 06 July 2013 - 02:18 PM.

alearbo

alearbo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Twitter:@ale_arbo
I've been using SlimBean for over a week, and I can say I am pretty satisfied with it. So thumb up to Telonius for his work. There is just one little thing I don't understand: what about the Data Usage section in Settings? Was it removed on purpose or has my installation gone wrong?

y4ss1n

y4ss1n

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

I've been using SlimBean for over a week, and I can say I am pretty satisfied with it. So thumb up to Telonius for his work. There is just one little thing I don't understand: what about the Data Usage section in Settings? Was it removed on purpose or has my installation gone wrong?

yeah i also wonder why its not there lol

btw, ive been using this rom for like 2 weeks now and didnt get any single reboot or signal loss (and i havent officially unlocked my boatloader yet)

Edited by y4ss1n, 06 July 2013 - 03:16 PM.

telonius

telonius

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Hi,
What cm dazz base version does this 7.0 version use? Is this using latest nightly or an older version?

FYI, this is SlimBean. It has nothing to do with CM10.1 apart the fact that they are both AOSP based (obviously).

thanks for this new update, my phone feels faster & ram management is much better indeed

right new this rom is perfect for me, except for the call volume issue (would be awesome if this gets fixed)

The problem persists? Is it fixed on PAC or CM?
This is the diff from last release to this release.
--- a/audio/AudioHardware.cpp
+++ b/audio/AudioHardware.cpp
@@ -1580,11 +1580,11 @@ status_t AudioHardware::setVoiceVolume(float v)
	 }
	 // Added 0.4 to current volume, as in voice call Mute cannot be set as minimum volume(0.00)
	 // setting Rx volume level as 2 for minimum and 7 as max level.
-    v = 0.4 + v;
+    v = 0.2 + v;

int vol = lrint(v * 5.0);
	 ALOGD("setVoiceVolume(%f)\n", v);
-    ALOGI("Setting in-call volume to %d (available range is 2 to 7)\n", vol);
+    ALOGI("Setting in-call volume to %d (available range is 1 to 6)\n", vol);

if ((mCurSndDevice != -1) && ((mCurSndDevice == SND_DEVICE_TTY_HEADSET) || (mCurSndDevice == SND_DEVICE_TTY_VCO)))
	 {
As you see i've lowered the volume more.
If though it's fixed on kra1o5 release i'll follow his steps here https://github.com/K...a85fc90843a3979 .
Else place bets on what values may do the trick. If it's related to this values anyway and it's not some nasty Huawei trick.

I don't see it either now that you've mentioned it. Will look at it i can't find where and why they removed it right now.

plewis1981

plewis1981

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts
  • Interests:Technoligy, F1 and Cycling
  • Devices:Moto G
  • Twitter:@plewis1981

You can download a data counter for the dashclock widgit.

Nobody is perfect, I am nobody, therefore I am perfect :)

If I have helped you PLEASE Press the +1 button
and don't forget to push the Dev's +1 buttons to.

plewis1981

plewis1981

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts
Hi telonius. Thanks for the update :) I use an app called Orbit to proxy my internet use.

When I try to run it I should get asscreen asking if I want to request su permitions. But It automaticly sends me to the su permission screen. With a message in red I have attached a screenshot of the screen I should see and the one I get.

I had this same problem on PAC 4.2.2 until Kralo5 had to release a su fix for R15 wich solved the problem, Kralo5 said it was to do with the different binerys in the su apps.

Flashing Kralo5's zip fix's the problem but i was wondering if you could please take a look at the su binerys that are included with this ROM for the next release?, as I would prefer not to have to flash anything that I don't need to.

I wilthis is the link to Krali5's su zip http://download.cloc...r/superuser.zip

I am running the 7.0 build. Very nice work, thanks for all the effort :)

Attached Files

Edited by plewis1981, 06 July 2013 - 04:32 PM.

wozzo

wozzo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Devices:U8815
I was very sceptic before I flashed this rom. There wasn't any 4.2.2, which worked fine. This rom is awesome! v7 have better battery life than other roms, performance is good. I have only one bug, with call volume. But except this, rom is very good:)

dodgetimmy

dodgetimmy

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Crescent, HTC Desire
Pls remove

Edited by dodgetimmy, 07 July 2013 - 10:14 AM.

nikbos

nikbos

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Devices:huawei g300
Photosphere? Is that working?

y4ss1n

y4ss1n

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts
one more question: is it possible to add the option to kill apps by longpressing the back button?

thanks

george109

george109

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,105 posts
  • Interests:Cycling, Tech and Canoeing
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy S4 - GT-I9505

one more question: is it possible to add the option to kill apps by longpressing the back button?

thanks

If you go to to settings > about phone > keep tapping build number until it says "You are now a developer" and then go back to settings, now go to developer options, then go to back button kills apps (its somewhere near the bottom I think) and tick it. I personally do not like this option as when the G300 is seriously slowing down, a quick tap of the back button can be also considered as a long press for some reason!

Hello. I have an S4 now, and I hardly ever use MoDaCo now. 

Therefore you will receive no replies to any PMs

Please post in the forum instead. You will get more help there :)

:excl:A WARNING TO ALL G300 OWNERS! Please Read! (The Flash Memory Problem!) :excl:

Tutorial: How To (Officially) Unlock Your Bootloader! (The long way, but which definitely works)

Please, Do not use the HuaweiG300.com Tutorial on how to unlock your bootloader, it is better to unlock it officially with my tutorial!

Spoiler

My Device:

Huawei Ascend G300 (U8815) - Sold!

Samsung Galaxy S4 (Black) - The LTE Version - GT-I9505

(Ignore the links above (if there is one). It's a skimwords (advertising) link and nothing to do with me!)

The ROMS I have used:

Spoiler

Download Blink, a great app that controls the status LED on the G300!

Wait for 5 seconds and then click skip ad! Do not download anything in the ad window, that is not the app!

Did I help you?

If I did, Please press the rep_up1.png button, in the bottom right hand corner of my posts.

(If not, Press it anyway!)

If I really helped you, you could also donate to me. Thanks!  :) 

telonius

telonius

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Hi telonius. Thanks for the update :) I use an app called Orbit to proxy my internet use.

When I try to run it I should get asscreen asking if I want to request su permitions. But It automaticly sends me to the su permission screen. With a message in red I have attached a screenshot of the screen I should see and the one I get.

I had this same problem on PAC 4.2.2 until Kralo5 had to release a su fix for R15 wich solved the problem, Kralo5 said it was to do with the different binerys in the su apps.

Flashing Kralo5's zip fix's the problem but i was wondering if you could please take a look at the su binerys that are included with this ROM for the next release?, as I would prefer not to have to flash anything that I don't need to.

I wilthis is the link to Krali5's su zip http://download.cloc...r/superuser.zip

I am running the 7.0 build. Very nice work, thanks for all the effort :)

I personally don't use the built-in su binary. I much prefer SuperSU. It works better in all ways and it's much faster. It used to be the default on old SlimBean versions dunno why they choose to change it.
What's the exact problem now though? You're worried about the red message? You can read about it here https://plus.google....sts/T9xnMJEnzf1 . It's a message mostly to the developer and it has to do with the app you are using. What it says is that the developer should declare that he is going to request for su rights which in your case it doesn't. Anyway nothing to actually worry about.

Photosphere? Is that working?

No. Photosphere atm at least requires gyroscope.

thanks

According to the changelog
Hold back to kill app was removed from Developer options. Devices with navbar did not need it before because they could rebind any key for the same function. Now with our new hardware key rebind function you can do the same on you hardware keys. So you can kill on any key you want.
So goto advanced slim settings -> interface -> hardware keys -> back key and set this to whatever your liking.

plewis1981

plewis1981

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts
@telonious thanks for the reply, I just wasn't sure if using a different such could cause problems.

Thanks, The latest build is awesome :)

modacouserr

modacouserr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Devices:g300
Hi telonius!

Nice work on this, it's awesome!

i have an issue: gesture typing only works with english..

what can cause this?

bad flash?

Thank's in advance

Edited by modacouserr, 07 July 2013 - 11:07 PM.

telonius

telonius

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Hi telonius!

Nice work on this, it's awesome!

i have an issue: gesture typing only works with english..

what can cause this?

bad flash?

Thank's in advance

http://www.slimroms.net/index.php/downloads/all/viewdownload/383-addons/3524-latinime-full-language-keyboard-4-2-2-build-7

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users