• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

adil.mulleseril

adil.mulleseril

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Devices:xolo x900
I bought my xolo x900 a week ago..it came With ICS pre-installed. I did an update of 35mb. This is my first android phone. So am new to android platform. I got a network issue at times. But the issue which i really need help now is my music player. It is not loading the songs in my memory. I tried installing play music also. Even doubletwist dont Load the songs.
I copied the songs to device using linux in camera mode. And using explorer moved the folder from pictures folder to /sdcard/music/

Edited by adil.mulleseril, 25 May 2013 - 12:20 PM.

Thedarkphonetech

Thedarkphonetech

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Diego
Simple -- have u tried reboot

adil.mulleseril

adil.mulleseril

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
I rebooted many times..and installed media scan softwares. Still not working.

Combat Gerbil

Combat Gerbil

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G510
Some devices only scan internal memory for media files, depending on which storage is set as default. Check by copying a few track to the internal memory and then scan for the media files.

BlueMoonRising

BlueMoonRising

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,523 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Diego, OSF
He doesn't have a sd card inserted it's just the internal usb storage. Unless of course he does and then updated which lost the sd card. You can only use the sd card slot with a basic ICS install.

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.

Matthew 23:12

i am not a hacker

i am not a hacker

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade and Orange San Diego
Do the files show up in a file manager? If so, try opening them through the file manager

Nexus 10
Orange San Diego

adil.mulleseril

adil.mulleseril

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
I can open up the files using file manager. But thats not I actually want.

i am not a hacker

i am not a hacker

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade and Orange San Diego
Download a different music player like mixzing, power amp, or double twist, then go into the settings of the app and choose the scannable folders which have the music in it. Then the music should show up

Nexus 10
Orange San Diego

adil.mulleseril

adil.mulleseril

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
Tried double.twist earlier itself. No such settings where found. Now installed ttpod. Problem solved. Nice player. But language matters at times. Never thought i Want to learn chinese To listen music..will try mixzing and poweramp. Thank you guys.

xolo x900_2

xolo x900_2

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts
its bcuz of esfile explorer try another

BlueMoonRising

BlueMoonRising

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,523 posts

its bcuz of esfile explorer try another

Why should ES File Explorer stop his music player finding media? It certainly doesn't on a basic Xolo rom(unpatched).

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.

glossywhite

glossywhite

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts
If you play "Feed the birds" into the microphone, whilst holding down VOL + and SEARCH keys, the songs will appear:

rajivshastri

rajivshastri

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade, CM10 by KonstaT
Run the stock music app and wait for it to list the songs. Then close it and launch double twist. You should be able to see your music. You might need to do this every time you restart the phone.

xolo x900_2

xolo x900_2

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts

Why should ES File Explorer stop his music player finding media? It certainly doesn't on a basic Xolo rom(unpatched).

Its because it creates a .nomedia file in android data file..

adil.mulleseril

adil.mulleseril

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
uninstalled es file explorer. rebooted the device twice. still the stock player is not listing songs.

BlueMoonRising

BlueMoonRising

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,523 posts
I still don't think ES file explorer is to blame.
Using flibblesans mods if you're rooted installs the Google Play Music app(or is it installed in a basic Xolo ICS install?) version 4.4 which works fine. The Play Store version is version 5 but wouldn't install for me.

Could you install the apk from C:\SanDiego\tools\flibblesan\system\app\Music2.apk ?
Please note I'm guessing that that is the necessary apk, I have no idea if any other files are needed but you could always just uninstall if it doesn't work. You don't need to be rooted to try this by the way.

I'm using all of my 32GB SD card for music(well about 26GB anyway) and this app is by far the smoothest of any I've tried so far. Some of the others have been really sluggish although it maybe that they just don't like the Intel architecture.

I've put it in Dropbox if you want to try it :- https://www.dropbox....flp9/Music2.apk

adil.mulleseril

adil.mulleseril

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
my phone is not rooted.. basic xolo ics installed with the 37 mb update.
installed play music from the given link. but still not working.

Edited by adil.mulleseril, 25 May 2013 - 10:59 AM.

adil.mulleseril

adil.mulleseril

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
the only files showing in the stock player and play music is two avi files which i downloaded earlier. in the stock player>>playlist>>recently added the files are shown. but its not seen anywhere else.

adil.mulleseril

adil.mulleseril

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
problem solved. i just changed my music directory. now it is showing in all the players. but still i wonder is change in directory an issue?

BlueMoonRising

BlueMoonRising

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,523 posts

problem solved. i just changed my music directory. now it is showing in all the players. but still i wonder is change in directory an issue?

Apparently :)

What folder did you have them in? It's /music by default but I've got mine in /syncr which is the default for the https://play.google....W8uaVN5bmNyIl0. app.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users