HP announces SlateBook x2 Android convertible

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest PaulOBrien

HP have announced the SlateBook x2, an Android convertible device (think Asus Transformer), packing a Tegra 4 processor, 10.1" 1920x1080 screen, 64GB of onboard storage and Android 4.2.2.

Like the Transformer, the x2 has a battery both in the main slate part of the device and the keyboard, which should lead to stellar battery life. 'Snow White' or 'Smoke Silver' colours are available. Can you guess which i'd go for? ;)

The x2 will be available from August in the US priced at $479.99 (global pricing / availability TBC) - head on over to the HP site to learn more.

I think it looks fantastic and the specs sound good. Part of me wishes the screen as a little bigger (12"?) so I could use it as a Chromebook replacement though. Thoughts?

x2big.png

Click here to view the item

Guest Zarch1972

Reports i've read say availability 'August', which is disappointing.

I like the look of it though, someone (not sure if its going to be HP with their track record) is going to nail a product like this and make it a must have.

A Nexus 10 / Chromebook type combo.... yes please. :)

Guest andybarker

I love my Transformer Prime - is what I think an ideal Netbook should have been years ago.

Good combination of weight, battery life, functionality, and performance. Also using the same apps I use on the Nexus 7 and my phone. Nexus 7 goes in my bag almost every time I leave the house, Prime goes in if I know I'm going to want to type a reasonable amount. Phone acts as a tethering device via Bluetooth or WiFi.

This HP looks like a competitor to the Transformer Infinity, and a fair bit cheaper (time will tell on the UK prices).

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.