[ROM][Android 4.1.2] Evolution by Jolufa (full/lite) f/ JIAYU G3 [10/JUN/2013]

Guest Jolufa

Guest Jolufa

Google translated, sorry. icon_smile.gif

EVOLUTION ROM by Jolufa R.O.U.

for G3 and patch for G3N convertion.

After about a month that I've uploaded the ROM (over a thousand downloads, I've received the total of 1 euro as donation. Thank you again) I'm updating this thread probably for the last time.

It is not a whim or unwillingness simply means I don't have my G3 and I lost interest, plus I have no way to test the changes.

I'm without phone, by necessity I had to sell my JIAYU G3 and now I have a ALCATEL OT-208 ... Ha Ha ...

Well, expecting a C2 ZOPO shortly.

As always, however, I am at your command.

Catches are different now, I have no way of making them.

He had the ROM on my MicroSD and so could upload, is what I was.

Change Log:

Version 1.3 (were reduced enough sizes both versions, the "light" even more so)

Most successful and aesthetically pleasing (at least to me ...)

Jun 10, 2013:

* Removed completely Chinese applications, now no trace.

* Contains only:

com.android.mifileexplorer.apk -> File Manager

com.bitcubate.root.busybox.complete.apk -> Busybox

com.bvalosek.cpuspy.apk -> CPU Spy

com.eugene373.cpu.sleep.apk -> CPU Dual Core Edition Sleeper

com.force.timezonefixer.apk -> Time Zone Fixer

com.ghisler.android.TotalCommander.apk -> File Manager TotalCommander

com.keramidas.TitaniumBackup.apk -> Titanium Backup

com.mirko.csr.apk -> CPU Spy Reborn

com.mobileuncle.toolbox.apk -> Mobile Uncle Toolbox

com.onexuan.battery.apk -> One Power Guard Battery Saver

com.pierwiastek.gpsdata.apk -> GPS Data

com.uzumapps.wakelockdetector.apk -> wakelock Detector

com.wwdev.rebooter.apk -> System Rebooter

jackpal.androidterm.apk -> teminal Android Emulator

mohammad.adib.asnap.apk -> Screen Capture

name.pilgr.appdialer.pro.apk -> App Dialer

ru.org.amip.ClockSync.apk -> Clock Sync

ru.org.amip.timezoneservice.apk -> Time Zone Service

Xperia_Z_photo_gallery.apk -> Z Xperia ported Photo Gallery
<> Replaced the Samsung Galaxy S4 Launcher for Sony Ericsson Xperia Z and ALL widgets (more attractive, lower memory consumption, more fluid) <> Updated Xperia Z Keyboard to the latest version, removed the Chinese keyboard. <> Updated hosts file for ad blocking. <> Modded MMS APK with 160 characters sms capacity. + Added Online Nandroid Backup script (type "onandroid" without quotes, with administrator privileges to make a Nandroid backup without rebooting in Recovery) + Added optimizations processor frequencies. + / - Well, some other change that reminded me, because I repeat: I have no more my cell. ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ (Refer to the Frequently Asked Questions to identify which is which if you do not know). Hello, how are you? For a couple of months I've been using (after working many, many hours on it) a ROM based on the latest available from the factory for our JIAYU G3. Therefore I refer to JB 4.1.2 beta. Like almost all previous ROMS, of all my previous phones and this one in particular, the development was made for personal use; suited to my tastes and needs. Normally not public. In this case it seemed good to share to the community. Well, let's start with the description. Try to answer the following: What was changed? What was it added? What was taken away? What makes it different? Note: the ROM boot in spanish lang, if you want another lang, please use the included Prop Editor or MoreLocale from the Google Play to set your preferences. ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ ODEXED Evolution ROM is and always will odexed. Odexed ROMs offer increased application execution speed, lower memory consumption and improvements in code execution. The disadvantage would be when decompile, modify or apply themes. Mainly as I said above is based entirely on the official ROM provided by JIAYU. What does this mean? Have tried to touch as little as possible, to get a good performance and reliability. This is undoubtedly a ROM balanced between performance and battery consumption. From experience I am guided by the scores given by Antutu for example (I made a test immediately after the previous one has given me up to 1000 points difference without having touched anything), but I do not mean to have low scores or poor performance. He has given over 6000 occasionally. Rather, what I mean is that do not necessarily go hand high scores and usability. Do you understand? So if you're of that is based on test scores or installing a ROM is probably not what you expect. If instead you want to try a ROM balanced, with everything working perfectly, this would be an option to take into account. ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ Added the following applications:
A1 CPU Tool_0.9.1.apk

A1 SD Bench_1.3.1.apk

AdAway_2.3.apk

AppDialer Pro_3.7.2.apk

aSNAP_1.0.1.apk

BuildProp Editor_1.0.apk

busybox_2.0.apk

CallRecorder_1.3.9 full.apk

Clean Master_3.4.0.apk

Clock_2.0.4.apk

ClockSync_1.2.3.apk

com.bitcubate.android.su.installer.apk

CPU Sleeper_3.7.apk

CPU Spy_0.4.0.apk

F-Droid_0.42.apk

File Explorer_3.1.6.apk

Freedom_0.8.4.apk

GO Backup_3.3.apk

Google Play services_3.0.27 (599131-10).apk

GPS Data_1.15.apk

Helium_1.1.0.2.apk

Installer cracked GooglePlay_1.1.0.apk

Knock-¦+_1.0.1.089.apk

Lucky Patcher_3.1.6.apk

Maps_6.14.3.apk

Mobileuncle Tools_20130223v2.8.0.apk

MX Player_1.7.15a.apk

My Tracks_2.0.4.apk

One Power Guard_2.8.apk

Rebooter_1.3.apk

Software Data Cable_4.2.1.apk

TimeZone Fixer_1.3.4.apk

TimeZoneDB for ClockSync_1.1.2.apk

Titanium Backup_6.0.4.apk

Total Commander_2.01.apk

TTPod_5.3.0426.apk

Unify_1.3.2.apk

Weather Services PRO_2.1.4pro.apk
Removed several unnecessary applications, animated wallpapers:
systemappAndroidian.*

systemappExchange2.*

systemappEmail.*

systemappGalaxy4.*

systemappGmail.*

systemappQuicksearchbox.*

systemappHoloSpiralWallpaper.*

systemappMicrobes.*

systemappMusicFX.*

systemappNoiseField.*

systemappPhaseBeam.*

systemappSetupWizard.*

systemappVisualizationWallpapers.*

systemappLiveWallpapers.*

systemappCyanbread.*

systemappRomManager.*

systemappCMWallpapers.*

systemappQuickSearchBox.*

systemappMagicSmokeWallpapers.*

systemappDevelopment.*

systemappProtips.*

systemappPicoTts.*

systemappHTMLViewer.*
Chinese Applications removed:
dataappcom.tencent.mobileqq.apk

dataappcom.baidu.input.apk
Installation Method (installable from the Recovery): Make full system cleaning (wipe data / factory reset). This will erase all data, make a backup if you need to restore. Install the preferred version (full / lite). Restart the phone and wait for it to load the system. If a Root repair message we say yes. Open [settings] -> [Access location] -> enable [Access My Location], enable [GPS satellites], enable [Mobile Network Location yy Wifi] Click hablitar GPS Satellites [EPO] and [a-GPS], download EPO data using WiFi or mobile data. Go to an outdoor location (I mean not covered) and make the first fix with GPS Data. Optional / Recommended: Run Busybox, super user / her in that order (a new compilation is automatically granted root permissions without asking) Optional / Recommended: Run CPU Sleeper and mark [Auto Start-Up] -> [start CPU Sleeper] and One Power Guard [iA Mode] -> Settings -> Set On Boot -> Restart Protection Optional / Recommended: Run TimeZone Fixer -> Update files Downloads: For G3 normal version. Evolution ROM v1.3 full
(248 mb) SHA1 191B7ADA28FDF2D909D8C8A8CA54E8D0E1577D0B MD5 71320088CEC22C9574A56891673E3CDF
Evolution ROM v1.3 lite
(219 mb) SHA1 1CF8DDADF2CD8C95F8C9A2B3AE12E7C4579D6885 MD5 AF4DAAE2E5C18E30B2CF999CA293B557
The conversion patch is the same. _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ Evolution ROM v1.2 full
(304 mb) SHA1 5340B802E3D80E1E4A7C0CC094761320852D156E MD5 CC20142B4C07FA87ED8ECDA9DF12B1D5
Evolution ROM v1.2 lite
(239 mb) SHA1 06B4E395CB2A67220A474EE14093A40E48D6E7C3 MD5 61F18B235B9671B2703BEA62CA6A142F
Patch for G3 to G3N conversion (Not tested, I don't have one 3GN to test, but it should work because it is generic, the one difference is the chip 6620-6628) Jolufa_JIAYU_g3_to_g3n_patch
(6.45 mb) SHA1 22BCDEA151F0BCC03B045694C88656E8A358549A MD5 AE5E630693CCE089E0D7E8D432ED3925
FAQ: Q: How do I know if my JIAYU is G3 or G3N? A: Certainly there are various ways, basically the difference between the two models is the radio chip that handles all wireless communications, cellular signals read proper radius (GSM, 3G, FM) wifi, bluetooth, etc.. Using the included MobileUncle Tools is simple: MobileUncle Tools -> Mode Engineer (MTK) -> Connectivity -> Bluetooth -> Chip Information: If says MT6620 is one G3 or G3D. If says MT6628 is one G3N or G3DN. ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ Q: Are there plans for a deodexed ROM? A: No. No plans at least mine. I will offer a version of Evolution deodexada ROM, even in its updates. That is something that anyone in the community can if you want. ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ Q: Can you add a particular application? A: In a short answer, yes. I can. But I will not make a request. Anyone can add the applications you want. The ROM is in a ZIP archive and is very easy to do on your own. ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ Q: I do not use a particular application. Can you remove it from the ROM? A: As is stated above, applications can be removed easily by everyone. I can not customize ROMs each. ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ Q: The file is very large and do not need so many applications A: I put a version available light, light or lite without most of the applications of her older sister, leaving only with Titanium Backup and a couple of applications under 50 Kb to control CPU. ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ Q: What version of the G3 is? Does it work with the G3 or JIAYU JIAYU G3N? A: The work was done on the basis of the latest official ROM G3 model, the part is available downloads a patch (untested by me, I have no G3N for testing) to convert from G3 to G3N, so theoretically there would be problems to work in both versions. ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ Q: I can modify this ROM and it as the basis for my own development? A: Obviously, the spirit of Android and the community is that exactly. Share knowledge and means or resources for the good of all. Furthermore Evolution WTFPL licensed ROM (Do What The badword You Want To Public License). It would be good to add a mention. If possible I would like to know the project or modification. Nothing more. ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ Q: How I can thank you / help you? A: Well, leave your comment or give thanks with the corresponding button is enough for me. But … if you can and want to do more, I could use a donation of whichever is, no matter how little it may seem. With sand grains consist deserts. I am paying and administering a server to host the downloads and other files to the community. I pay out of my pocket and I really would aid with that. I also broke the screen of the computer I use for work and I buy a new one. Any help serve. Even for a beer or buy an ice cream for my children … Paypal
[email protected][/code]

[size=4]Let me clarify, I ask nothing. I'm just saying that aid serves me.[/size]

[size=3]___________________________________________________[size=3]________________________________________________________________[/size]________________________[/size]

[size=4]Greetings and at your command.[/size]

[i][size=5]Jolufa[/size][/i]

[size=4]Spanish OP in movilesdualsim[/size]

[size=4]Hilo original en español en movilesdualsim[/size]

post-1007106-0-60169000-1368676497_thumb

post-1007106-0-95277700-1368676500_thumb

post-1007106-0-71010200-1368676502_thumb

post-1007106-0-49395800-1368676504_thumb

post-1007106-0-46144400-1368676506_thumb

post-1007106-0-63924100-1368676508_thumb

post-1007106-0-78332200-1368676510_thumb

post-1007106-0-40521400-1368676512_thumb

post-1007106-0-16110400-1368676514_thumb

post-1007106-0-88042500-1368676515_thumb

Edited by Jolufa

Guest Jolufa

Yes, my idea is to keep him alive.

I hope my G3 is immortal, or at least live many more years.

It is just a baby at 4 months of use;-)

salu2

Guest Jolufa

Hi, about the battery life... is very good for my.

Test yourself and make your conclusions.

Best regards

Hi,

jolufa, please explain me about battery life.

Guest reganlives

They may have stopped production but hopefully they won't stop dev work. Considering they brought out a JB beta rom they gotta bring out the full one.

Guest fpm_paolo

Hello Jolufa and THANKS for your work. I have a question (una pregunta por ti).

I installed Ervius's ROM and made a backup with Titanium Backup Pro. If I install your rom and then restore the backup made in Ervius' rom, will I get all the software back?

I mean, I have CoPilot, Ndrive, Sygic, Carmageddon, The Simpson game, and lots of other stuff...If I install your rom and then restore the backup, will I find all my programs back?

Please, this is important since I would like to test your rom

Guest fpm_paolo

And...what about the GPS? I have encountered lots and lots of problems through the months, and I have solved them only with Ervius ROM. Ervius made a great job with the gps.conf and the suplrootcert permissions. Please let me know, since I don't want to get crazy again with the GPSshit... Muchas Graçias amigo.

Guest Jolufa

Sure, exactly like this. You can restore your apps (E una risposta per voi)

Hello Jolufa and THANKS for your work. I have a question (una pregunta por ti).

I installed Ervius's ROM and made a backup with Titanium Backup Pro. If I install your rom and then restore the backup made in Ervius' rom, will I get all the software back?

I mean, I have CoPilot, Ndrive, Sygic, Carmageddon, The Simpson game, and lots of other stuff...If I install your rom and then restore the backup, will I find all my programs back?

Please, this is important since I would like to test your rom

The GPS is working fine, please test yourself and see my work. ;-)

And...what about the GPS? I have encountered lots and lots of problems through the months, and I have solved them only with Ervius ROM. Ervius made a great job with the gps.conf and the suplrootcert permissions. Please let me know, since I don't want to get crazy again with the GPSshit... Muchas Graçias amigo.

Salu2

Guest tomcat_

hi there,

Are there any strong benefits moving to 4.1.2 from 4.0.4 on the G3N pls and particular to this custom ROM from stock 4.0.4?

thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Guest fpm_paolo

Hello, I tried to install Jolufa ROM but Titanium Backup seems not to work.

Before installing Jolufa ROM, I created "update.zip" of Titanium Backup, in order to install it from recovery mode. Installed Jolufa ROM, tried to reboot into recovery, installed titanium update.zip but nothing happened. Tried to download it, even worse: play store says the update is not working.

What should I do now? this is VITAL for me since I have important backups...

Guest Jolufa

Newer and better system?

hi there,

Are there any strong benefits moving to 4.1.2 from 4.0.4 on the G3N pls and particular to this custom ROM from stock 4.0.4?

thanks

No problems with Titanium Backup. Never.

Maybe using the included TB and restore the apps one by one....

Or restore your Nandroid backup.

Hello, I tried to install Jolufa ROM but Titanium Backup seems not to work.

Before installing Jolufa ROM, I created "update.zip" of Titanium Backup, in order to install it from recovery mode. Installed Jolufa ROM, tried to reboot into recovery, installed titanium update.zip but nothing happened. Tried to download it, even worse: play store says the update is not working.

What should I do now? this is VITAL for me since I have important backups...

Guest fpm_paolo

Hello Jolufa and thanks for your answer. I'll explain what I did yesterday, maybe it can be useful for other people

I installed your rom using recovery (I had Bruno Marten's CWM 6.0.2.8, now it's 6.3.0.0), rebooted the phone then tried to log in my google play account. Tried to update the phone, but there was always the same error: it was impossibile to install any kind of apks from the Play Store.

So I installed the ROM again, but before the reboot I installed Titanium Backup update.zip. After the reboot I restored my previous backup with all my programs and games. Then I uninstalled all the apks I didn't want from your rom

AppDialer Pro_3.7.2.apk

aSNAP_1.0.1.apk

Clock_2.0.4.apk

File Explorer_3.1.6.apk

Freedom_0.8.4.apk <-- THIS PROGRAM IS NOT AVALAIBLE IN ITALY so I don't even know what it is used for!!!

GO Backup_3.3.apk

Helium_1.1.0.2.apk

Installer cracked GooglePlay_1.1.0.apk <-- what is this?

Knock-¦+_1.0.1.089.apk

Lucky Patcher_3.1.6.apk

Maps_6.14.3.apk

My Tracks_2.0.4.apk

One Power Guard_2.8.apk

Rebooter_1.3.apk

TimeZone Fixer_1.3.4.apk

Total Commander_2.01.apk

TTPod_5.3.0426.apk

Unify_1.3.2.apk

Reboot again and tried to fix the GPS position: it was successfull! Rebooted again and that was all. I charged my mobile all night long. I unplugged the charger this morning at 7.00 AM, now it's 10.30 AM (Italian Time) and battery is at 88% after 5 minutes call...it seems it is draining a lot. I tried to take a look at CPU Sleeper and ONE Power Guard and they were both ON

CPU Spy states only 1001 MHZ and 205 MHz: 834, 750, 667, 500 and Deep Sleep are not active...I'll test during the day with Internet and some games like The Simpsons and Carmageddon.

With Ervius' ROM I used my phone for two days before recharging.

Hope to get an answer from you soon, and thanks again for your work!!!

Edited by fpm_paolo

Guest tomcat_

Newer and better system?

yeap i understand that, but by going to JB from ICS, are there any real benefits for example in speed, battery consumption etc?

also, the difference between lite and full is only on the number of applications that they have?

Is there a list somewhere of the applications that each one has?

thanks

Edited by tomcat_

Guest Jolufa

Test deleting all the stuff found in system\etc\init.d or replacing with Ervius ROM files...

Hello Jolufa and thanks for your answer. I'll explain what I did yesterday, maybe it can be useful for other people

I installed your rom using recovery (I had Bruno Marten's CWM 6.0.2.8, now it's 6.3.0.0), rebooted the phone then tried to log in my google play account. Tried to update the phone, but there was always the same error: it was impossibile to install any kind of apks from the Play Store.

So I installed the ROM again, but before the reboot I installed Titanium Backup update.zip. After the reboot I restored my previous backup with all my programs and games. Then I uninstalled all the apks I didn't want from your rom

AppDialer Pro_3.7.2.apk

aSNAP_1.0.1.apk

Clock_2.0.4.apk

File Explorer_3.1.6.apk

Freedom_0.8.4.apk <-- THIS PROGRAM IS NOT AVALAIBLE IN ITALY so I don't even know what it is used for!!!

GO Backup_3.3.apk

Helium_1.1.0.2.apk

Installer cracked GooglePlay_1.1.0.apk <-- what is this?

Knock-¦+_1.0.1.089.apk

Lucky Patcher_3.1.6.apk

Maps_6.14.3.apk

My Tracks_2.0.4.apk

One Power Guard_2.8.apk

Rebooter_1.3.apk

TimeZone Fixer_1.3.4.apk

Total Commander_2.01.apk

TTPod_5.3.0426.apk

Unify_1.3.2.apk

Reboot again and tried to fix the GPS position: it was successfull! Rebooted again and that was all. I charged my mobile all night long. I unplugged the charger this morning at 7.00 AM, now it's 10.30 AM (Italian Time) and battery is at 88% after 5 minutes call...it seems it is draining a lot. I tried to take a look at CPU Sleeper and ONE Power Guard and they were both ON

CPU Spy states only 1001 MHZ and 205 MHz: 834, 750, 667, 500 and Deep Sleep are not active...I'll test during the day with Internet and some games like The Simpsons and Carmageddon.

With Ervius' ROM I used my phone for two days before recharging.

Hope to get an answer from you soon, and thanks again for your work!!!

Speed, smothness, good battery backup...

Yes, the diference between versions is only the number of apps.

Some people don't need all the apps and services.

Please refer to the OP for the app list. :-)

yeap i understand that, but by going to JB from ICS, are there any real benefits for example in speed, battery consumption etc?

also, the difference between lite and full is only on the number of applications that they have?

Is there a list somewhere of the applications that each one has?

thanks

Edited by Jolufa

Guest tomcat_

thanks for your speedy reply.

I have installed your latest ROM and all went smooth however i have 2 issues which one maybe has to do with the ROM itself and the other with the mobile carrier.

1. Sometimes the gps, wifi, or 3g toggles will get stuck and cannot be switched off or on. It happened to me once with the gps where it was showing on but will not come on, on applications and just now after phone being at deep sleep for a couple of hours the wifi will not come on. Both cases i had to reboot and problem is solved. I'm not so sure how to replicate the fault but it has happened with the data, gps and wifi. On the intallation after clearing data, factory reset and clearing cache i have installed the .zip and then straight (without rebooting) the g3 to g3n zip and then i rebooted.

2. My carrier every time i sent a sms or i make a phonecall, immediately after it gives me a feedback message saying that this call was for so many minutes, it costed that much and that is the balance. On stock ICS that msg did not have a notification tone (same as sms), however now i'm getting an audio notification which is quite annoying. Of course i can switch off those msgs from my mobile carrier but i was wondering if there is a way to switch off notifications for those kind of msgs on the ROM itself?

Apart from the above, the overall impression is a very good. I'm very impressed with GPS as it comes up and locks in max 10sec. Overall is very smooth and fast the only comment i have is that when i'm opening the dialer, the address book or the sms it takes slighlty longer to come up than the stock ICS

****edit*****on point 2 what i'm describing is the ussd codes messages. Although i would still get them on ICS there would be no audio notification. However in 4.1.2 there is an audio notification on those messages which is the same as the sms notificationalso, what i have noticed is that on 4.1.2 there is no read receipt shown in sms although the read receipt has been ticked.Would the above 2 have to do with the JB 4.1.2 rather than the rom?

***edit 2***after spending some time over the internet i have sorted out point 2. On settings and audio profiles i have put notifications to silent, then i went to sms app and have chosen a ringtone. Also, i can see the read receipts as well.On point 1 i will be spending some days with the ROM and reporting if any issues.Only thing i noticed this time round that i flashed the ROM was that GPS lock was very slow and only a few satellites were on site. However, weather was cloudy. Will check again.

****edit 3**** The build number is still showing 1.2 on the latest files dated 10-06-13

Edited by tomcat_

Guest tomcat_

I have spent about 3 days with the rom now. So far so good. I like the app draw especially the easy way to organise the apps. I find the quick toggles a bit difficult to activate sometimes, it looks like they are less sensitive than ICS or the touching "surface" is smaller, yet it might be my impression.

I do like the new notifications from 4.1.2 though.

The biggest problem that i'm facing is that when i'm charging the phone is not going to deep sleep and cpu is working at max speed. I know some other people have this bug and not so sure if there is a solution?

I had no issues installing the ROM after wipe date/factory reset, wipe cache and wipe dalvik cache