[ROM-W.I.P.] CyanogenMod 7 by MoDaCo Community !!W.I.P.!!

Guest Gabriel94

Guest predragiPredrag

If the Chinese fonts are in the statusbar, you need to modify the systemui.apk.

They are on lockscreen.. Instead of name of the day/month/year.

Guest raverrr

Just thought i would stop by and checkup on the old g300. I'm surprised none of you have tried your hand at building this yet. The Chinese have a working build right? so there must be a device repo floating aroud that is pretty complete.

If you want to build CM----->http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Doc:_porting_intro

It's not rocket science. It's time consuming and frustrating but not to hard. There are loads of guides and tips to be found out there.

Dazzozo's device tree would be a very good place to start. Lots of the boring stuff is already done! get stuck in! :)

Guest mnupea

Just thought i would stop by and checkup on the old g300. I'm surprised none of you have tried your hand at building this yet. The Chinese have a working build right? so there must be a device repo floating aroud that is pretty complete.

If you want to build CM----->http://wiki.cyanogen...:_porting_intro

It's not rocket science. It's time consuming and frustrating but not to hard. There are loads of guides and tips to be found out there.

Dazzozo's device tree would be a very good place to start. Lots of the boring stuff is already done! get stuck in! :)

Its time to try. TNX raverr :)

Guest daredj

Hi everyone, maybe nobody knows me in this forum, but i'm daredj from xda developers. I was developing so far ago in CM9 for galaxy ace. Due to personal reasons and my studies, i left rom making, but now I'm back with G300 :)

I'm starting to understand the archquitecture of all components of our device, and at this moment, I'm trying to compile cm10.2 as small practice for remember how to work ir (and also for tweak my new laptop)

If i get some improvements on that rom, I'll help you on CM7...

I'm my personal opinion if somebody gets CM7 with a good performance, it means that we can make it...

At this moment you should learn a lot about lib and hw files, it's a main stage for getting work the rom

Greetings :)

PS: I also need help with this fail at the moment to compile dazzo sources:

device/huawei/u8815/audio/AudioHardware.cpp: In function 'android_audio_legacy::AudioHardwareInterface* android_audio_legacy::createAudioHardware()':

device/huawei/u8815/audio/AudioHardware.cpp:4288:30: error: cannot allocate an object of abstract type 'android_audio_legacy::AudioHardware'

device/huawei/u8815/audio/AudioHardware.h:182:7: note: because the following virtual functions are pure within 'android_audio_legacy::AudioHardware':

hardware/libhardware_legacy/include/hardware_legacy/AudioHardwareInterface.h:347:29: note: virtual android_audio_legacy::AudioStreamOut* android_audio_legacy::AudioHardwareInterface::openOutputStream(uint32_t, audio_output_flags_t, int*, uint32_t*, uint32_t*, android::status_t*)

make: *** [/home/cristo/android/out/target/product/u8815/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/audio.primary.u8815_intermediates/AudioHardware.o] Error 1

true

Edited by daredj

• 3 weeks later...
Guest nxkealen

graet rom slim 7 , have it on 2030 baseband everything works fine , got 3934 on antutu benchmark ,overclocked to 1.152 GHz and SD boost 2048 KB . No reboots or signal loss for two days now .post-1001659-0-37126400-1377628231_thumb

Guest Tentmaster

graet rom slim 7 , have it on 2030 baseband everything works fine , got 3934 on antutu benchmark ,overclocked to 1.152 GHz and SD boost 2048 KB . No reboots or signal loss for two days now .post-1001659-0-37126400-1377628231_thumb

Where did you get it? Got a link?

Guest predragiPredrag

And on my custom stock GB rom I have 3897, so that is not much of improvement is it ;)

Guest joandrade

Hey.

Okay, so this probably isn't that huge or anything, but I'd like to let you know that after a bit of poking around with Daz's available work (which btw provides an amazing base) I managed to build cm7 for the U8815.

e2v8DdC.png

Like I said, it's not a BIG thing, but I have no prior experience whatsoever and I thought I might share this. It's more of a proof of concept. Wi-Fi and cellular data don't work, although I suspect Bluetooth does (because toggling it doesn't trigger a reboot :P ). Sound doesn't work either.

Once I get around to working with git I'll share the code I added to Dazzozo's work. I also used a couple of dirty tricks to get the build to go through so this isn't robust at all.

cheers