Bricked my phone - will not boot whatsoever

Guest Prizm4

Guest Prizm4

I only got my G300+ a few days ago, and I was following the instructions at huaweig300.com to prepare my phone for a modded ROM. I got as far as bootloaderg300.exe and that was it. The phone shut down afterwards and I can't get it back. I thought I was following the instructions exactly. I had upgraded to the official ICS firmware first, the phone was rooted, etc.

To get any response from the phone, I have to remove the battery, plug it back in and press the power button. The phone will flash the three touch buttons 10 times in a row and that's it. It will not flash again until I remove the battery again and plug it back in. I've tried holding down the volume buttons + power button. Plugging the phone into my PC also doesn't do anything. Nothing comes up in Windows. If I remove the battery, put it back in, then plug the phone into the PC, then it will flash the buttons 10 times again, but nothing else.

The battery was at about 50% when the phone died. If I plug it in to charge it, there is no response whatsoever from the phone.

So I take it Huawei will not cover this under warranty? Will I just need to take it to another repair shop?

thanks

Edited by Prizm4

Guest Costy88031

Go to huawei site,look for g300,download ics 952 general version,put dload or floss from downloaded arhive on sd card, pull the battery out for five second and start the device holding all 3buttons simultaneous(vol+, vol- and power). This must flash you an official ics.

Edited by Costy88031

Guest Prizm4

Hi, thanks for your reply. I found the general firmware version on the Huawei site and copied the dload folder to my sd card. I put the battery in and held the volume buttons + power button. Unfortunately no change. The phone buttons just blinked 10 times again.

I wonder if I'm having this problem because I have the G300+ version? (U8815-71)

Guest sharkyo01

Have got recovery installed on the phone?

Have you tried putting your phone in to fast boot mode?

Try taking out the battery, memory card, charger and simcard. The wait 30 seconds and put the battery back in and then the charger. What happens?

When your installing a new firmware via the force update you need to hold the volume up and volume down and then push and hold the power button.

Do you have a spare battery or do you have a mate with one? Try swapping batteries.

Let us after you have tried all that. Also what firmware were you on when it went wrong?

Guest sharkyo01

Did you even read my post? Because it contains almost all the answers to those questions.

Well the only reason i said it because a number of times people have posted I have bricked my phone and when they start working though the trouble shooting steps again suddenly they get it working with a step there have tried before. It happens...

Can try just plugging it to the charger with no battery "But don't shot me down"...

If that case it is bricked and return it to vodafone or service provider to get it fixed. If it is unlocked don't tell. If there do find out possible charge of £65 minus the repair / replacement.

Edited by sharkyo01

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Prizm4

Just an update:

Vodafone wouldn't accept my Huawei G300+ for warranty because I never bought it from them (got the phone unlocked from eBay). They can't send it away for warranty if the phone was not on their system to begin with. Huawei's direct phone number was no use either. They told me to take the phone to Vodafone to have them send it away.

So I took the phone to a repair shop. After trying for three weeks, they told me they couldn't fix the phone. It's something to do with the boot loader on the phone - it got completely corrupted and they can't force the boot firmware to overwrite and fix it. Apparently for some phones it can be done, but not Huawei. So now I'm looking into a new phone.

Guest sharkyo01

Just an update:

Vodafone wouldn't accept my Huawei G300+ for warranty because I never bought it from them (got the phone unlocked from eBay). They can't send it away for warranty if the phone was not on their system to begin with. Huawei's direct phone number was no use either. They told me to take the phone to Vodafone to have them send it away.

So I took the phone to a repair shop. After trying for three weeks, they told me they couldn't fix the phone. It's something to do with the boot loader on the phone - it got completely corrupted and they can't force the boot firmware to overwrite and fix it. Apparently for some phones it can be done, but not Huawei. So now I'm looking into a new phone.

Vodafone have lead you up a garden path mate. I had to fight for nearly a month for get a refund off vodafone. If Huawei have told you to take it Vodafone what I would do is ring them up on your mobile and get Huawei to speak to Vodafone.

Also did it come unlocked or did you pay for to be unlock via ebay?

Edited by sharkyo01

Guest george109

Just an update:

You have to have a massive fight with Vodafone for a refund. I would go in to another store, and say that the battery ran out or something and now it wont turn on at all. Do not mention that it is unlocked, and that usually works