Mic Issue

Guest qwerty?

Guest qwerty?

Got the G510 a few weeks ago, but I'm having an issue with the person on the other end not been able to hear me, this normally occurs after about a minute into the call. I'm able to hear them, but they can't hear me, so I assume it the mic. Anyone else experience this?

Guest medinstpro

Got the G510 a few weeks ago, but I'm having an issue with the person on the other end not been able to hear me, this normally occurs after about a minute into the call. I'm able to hear them, but they can't hear me, so I assume it the mic. Anyone else experience this?

G510 has 2 microphones. One is on the back, next to Led Flash. Most probably, when you talk on the phone, you're covering the mic with your fingers...

Guest KenBW2

Ah yea I keep seeing this cropping up and thinking "I don't have this problem", but it hadn't registered because I know that whenever I do it's because I'm covering it up

Guest qwerty?

Thanks, I'll check for that, but I doubt that's the issue, as I don't hold the phone that way.

Hope its as simple as that though. It would be great.

Guest qwerty?

That menu isn't there on mine. I have discovered that the case i have actually completely covers the mic, it doesn't have a hole for it at all :(

I'll mod the case and see if it fixes the issue.

Thanks for all the help.

Guest qwerty?

"mod the case" = screwdriver + hammer? :P

I'll have you know it was way more sophisticated than that - I used a Dremel :D

• 5 weeks later...
Guest qwerty?

No dropped calls since, so that seems to have been the issue. Thanks for the advice.

However all cases I'm looking at on the Net don't have a cutout for that mic. Anyone found a decent case that they recommend?

Guest Teofashion

I'll have you know it was way more sophisticated than that - I used a Dremel :D

can you explain to me how u mod the cover and maybe upload a photo!! im really disperate with this mobile :(

now i gave it to assistence and the next week i will go to take it fixed, but i wanna understand how mode it for havent problems again.

@voxpop2011 can u give to us the link of your ebay reseller for buy the correct cover

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest nunogueira

The problem came back - finally unlocked bootloader, rooted the phone and put on a New Rom - problem solved  :)

which rom? ;)

Edited by nunogueira