Photo

[Tutorial] How to [OFFICIALLY] Unlock The Bootloader [With Definitions] [RELOCK Guide Included!]

• Please log in to reply
383 replies to this topic

popadicsm

popadicsm

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Devices:Alcatel OT-992D

Good luck :)

i get my unlock code from huawei. your method works, thx. now i send request for network code, i hope i got it :)

george109

george109

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts
  • Interests:Cycling, Tech and Canoeing
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy S4 - GT-I9505

i get my unlock code from huawei. your method works, thx. now i send request for network code, i hope i got it :)

You're welcome, but Its quite unlikely that Huawei will send out the network unlock codes. :(

Hello. I have an S4 now, and I hardly ever use MoDaCo now. 

Therefore you will receive no replies to any PMs

Please post in the forum instead. You will get more help there :)

:excl:A WARNING TO ALL G300 OWNERS! Please Read! (The Flash Memory Problem!) :excl:

Tutorial: How To (Officially) Unlock Your Bootloader! (The long way, but which definitely works)

Please, Do not use the HuaweiG300.com Tutorial on how to unlock your bootloader, it is better to unlock it officially with my tutorial!

Spoiler

My Device:

Huawei Ascend G300 (U8815) - Sold!

Samsung Galaxy S4 (Black) - The LTE Version - GT-I9505

(Ignore the links above (if there is one). It's a skimwords (advertising) link and nothing to do with me!)

The ROMS I have used:

Spoiler

Download Blink, a great app that controls the status LED on the G300!

Wait for 5 seconds and then click skip ad! Do not download anything in the ad window, that is not the app!

Did I help you?

If I did, Please press the rep_up1.png button, in the bottom right hand corner of my posts.

(If not, Press it anyway!)

If I really helped you, you could also donate to me. Thanks!  :) 

popadicsm

popadicsm

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Devices:Alcatel OT-992D

You're welcome, but Its quite unlikely that Huawei will send out the network unlock codes. :(

i only get bootloader code, huawei answer for my request for network code:

"Dear customer,
Thank you for contacting Huawei device.
Sorry about that we can't afford this unlock code to you.
Because there has many different customizations in different countries carrier operators customized .
Customized device.plz contact your initial service provider concerning unlock code
It is subjected to them.
If you have any further questions or concerns, feel free to reply to this email with previous correspondences for more efficient and convenient service. We will be happy to assist you further at that time.
If you would like to get immediately involved and help from Huawei’s new products and features, we encourage you to visit our website http://www.huaweidevice.com or our support column http://www.huaweidev...irectoryId=5003
Huawei always strives to maintain the strictest controls in regards to your personal information. Click the link below to view our Data Privacy Policy: http://www.huaweidev...=legalstatement
Once again, thank you for contacting Huawei Device
Best Regards
Huawei Device Customer Care Team"

Edited by popadicsm, 07 August 2013 - 07:29 PM.

george109

george109

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

i only get bootloader code, huawei answer for my request for network code:

"Dear customer,
Thank you for contacting Huawei device.
Sorry about that we can't afford this unlock code to you.
Because there has many different customizations in different countries carrier operators customized .
Customized device.plz contact your initial service provider concerning unlock code
It is subjected to them.
If you have any further questions or concerns, feel free to reply to this email with previous correspondences for more efficient and convenient service. We will be happy to assist you further at that time.
If you would like to get immediately involved and help from Huawei’s new products and features, we encourage you to visit our website http://www.huaweidevice.com or our support column http://www.huaweidev...irectoryId=5003
Huawei always strives to maintain the strictest controls in regards to your personal information. Click the link below to view our Data Privacy Policy: http://www.huaweidev...=legalstatement
Once again, thank you for contacting Huawei Device
Best Regards
Huawei Device Customer Care Team"

I would get an unlock from the official MoDaCo supplier, they are not that expensive and they pay for themselves, (especially in my case, as I save about £20 a month on GiffGaff compared to Vodafone) DO NOT USE THE FREE UNLOCK! They will break your wi-fi and bluetooth, and you will not be able to unlock your bootloader as the MAC addresses are changed, and the IMEI is saved temporarily.

:excl:A WARNING TO ALL G300 OWNERS! Please Read! (The Flash Memory Problem!) :excl:

Tutorial: How To (Officially) Unlock Your Bootloader! (The long way, but which definitely works)

Please, Do not use the HuaweiG300.com Tutorial on how to unlock your bootloader, it is better to unlock it officially with my tutorial!

Spoiler

My Device:

(Ignore the links above (if there is one). It's a skimwords (advertising) link and nothing to do with me!)

The ROMS I have used:

Spoiler

Wait for 5 seconds and then click skip ad! Do not download anything in the ad window, that is not the app!

Did I help you?

If I did, Please press the rep_up1.png button, in the bottom right hand corner of my posts.

dalyer

dalyer

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,676 posts
Yes - just pay the €5 or whatever it is to get an unlock code from the MoDaCo recommended unlocker Korter [GSM]. He's reliable and relatively cheap. I've bought codes for several Huawei handsets and never had problems. Ignore anybody who posts links to similar services selling codes for US$40 or similar rip off prices!

http://www.modaco.co...quest-here-375/

DjayZiro

DjayZiro

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Unfortunately I didn't find time this evening to try again but I while I'd like to use AtomicMod/GB I cannot find a suitable free swipe/gesture keyboard that is GB compatible and that would be a dealbreaker for me so I have have to try the latest Stock+ or Slim ICS instead...However let us know how you get on and/or if you need any help with any of the steps. :)

Edit: Doh! Maybe the answer has been staring me in the face - TouchPal?!? Seems to be free but a few times I've had trouble getting the swipe feature to work on some older Androids... :(

have you tried swiftkey? its pretty good! and im sorry for the late reply, but im about to try all the steps.... in a worst case scenario, if i fail to revert to 10908 bb i can always flash update.app? wont it mess my IMEI?

george109

george109

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

have you tried swiftkey? its pretty good! and im sorry for the late reply, but im about to try all the steps.... in a worst case scenario, if i fail to revert to 10908 bb i can always flash update.app? wont it mess my IMEI?

Why do you want to change your baseband from 2030?

Spoiler

My Device:

The ROMS I have used:

Spoiler

Did I help you?

dalyer

dalyer

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,676 posts

Thanks - I'll check that out. I thought that SwiftKey was a paid app only.

Are you talking about installing AtomicMod above? If so then as george109 implies you don't need to downgrade from the 2030 baseband - you can install AtomicMod on 2030 and then flash the patch in the AtomicMod thread to allow this GB ROM to run on 2030.

Hope this helps.

george109

george109

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

If so then as george109 implies you don't need to downgrade from the 2030 baseband - you can install AtomicMod on 2030 and then flash the patch in the AtomicMod thread to allow this GB ROM to run on 2030.

Yes, There is no need to change your baseband as that patch will work on all gingerbread ROMs. :)

Spoiler

My Device:

The ROMS I have used:

Spoiler

Did I help you?

andbap

andbap

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Restoring The Original Bootloader:

You will need to restore the original bootloader as if you have installed a recovery or ROM, as the unofficially unlocked one replaces it. These replace the unofficial one, with the original Huawei one, which you can unlock officially. To do this, you will have to do a force update, which will wipe everything (don't worry. You can restore it if you make a backup in ClockWorkMod / TWRP Recovery). To get into recovery, you will need to turn off the phone. Hold the volume UP and then press power. Keep holding the buttons down until you get to recovery mode. If it does not work, wait until the phone has booted then turn it off and try again. Now when you are in recovery, use the volume down key to get to "Backup and Restore". Press home to select. Then press backup to external SD card. This will back up all of your data, so you can restore everything, when you are done. Now you will need to start the force update, to do this, download the Force update (This is an ICS, B952 Update), You will need BOTH files, as I have made a split archive. (Due to mediafire storage limits :( ). Now you will need to download them to the SAME FOLDER! Right click the dload.zip folder and then click extract here.
If you do not see this then you will have to open it with WinRAR. Now click
Extract To
at the top, and just click OK. Now wait for it to extract. You should now see a folder called dload, open that and then move the dload folder which is INSIDE the dload folder to your desktop. Now you should have one dload folder with a file called update.app inside it.
Now, please verify this update.app with this hash generator. The Hashes are:
CRC32: 49ef9ecb
SHA1: af20acf3d79249bbb3ce938d96b7a4e059bd1005
If these are wrong, then you need to download both archives again, and extract them again as well (Sorry, its the only way!) Now you need to mount USB storage (Do it in recovery, as some ROMS do not mount USB storage properly. Now, you will have to copy that dload folder on the desktop and then paste it in the top level of the SD Card. Like this:
Spoiler
Now turn off the phone, and hold the Volume UP AND DOWN buttons at the SAME TIME! Now you will see a screen with a progress bar saying "Unpacking". If you see a pink screen, Check the SD card, and the folder. The dload folder is missing or in the wrong place.
Now you will need to wait until it is finished. The phone will reboot, and you will see the ICS set up screen. Just follow the next post

If the update fails, or the progress bar stops you should wait for about 15 minutes to see if it carries on. If it still does not, click the button below:
Spoiler

If it still does not work after this, click the button below:
Spoiler

Hi, I was following your guide up to this part. When I tried to install the force update I got just the pink bar, no text saying "unpacking", and it froze at about 1/3 of the way. I followed the next instructions, for the middle package, and the same thing happened. Then I followed the instructions in the last spoiler, got a bit confused about the "- Go into mounts and storage in CWM, then wipe everything except:" part, and since I didn't find any "wipe" options in the mounts and storage menu, I (stupidly) formatted everything except the sdcard. Now I can't boot into recovery or even normal boot, it just freezes at the splash screen. I tried installing the force update and now I get the normal screen that says unpacking, but after a while a yellow sign appears on the bottom and it says the update failed. Same thing with middle package. Is there anything I can do, or did I mess this up beyond recovery?

glorifiedg

glorifiedg

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Devices:Huawei g300
I can't get adb to work. I installed, uninstaled, rebooted, and everything but when i type fastboot devices i get nothing at all :S

Anything I am doing wrong?

saiem1

saiem1

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Technology, ICT, Android
  • Devices:Moto G (4.4.2 UK RETAIL)
  • Twitter:@Saiem1337
I recently sent [email protected] the message that you suggested and
I have received this code from huawei CE457E5747706E03
I tried the official unlock bootloader steps and when i type in fastboot oem unlock CE457E5747706E03
My phone reboots and says unlock fail invalid key (AS SHOWN IN IMAGE - BAD QUALITY IMAGE SORRY)

What do you think i should do?

george109

george109

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

I tried the official unlock bootloader steps and when i type in fastboot oem unlock CE457E5747706E03
My phone reboots and says unlock fail invalid key (AS SHOWN IN IMAGE - BAD QUALITY IMAGE SORRY)

You could email them and them ask them for the code again, as they have been known to send out wrong codes... :blink:

Spoiler

My Device:

The ROMS I have used:

Spoiler

Did I help you?

george109

george109

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

You could email them and them ask them for the code again, as they have been known to send out wrong codes... :blink:

I can't get adb to work. I installed, uninstaled, rebooted, and everything but when i type fastboot devices i get nothing at all :S

Anything I am doing wrong?

Is USB Debugging Enabled?

Spoiler

My Device:

The ROMS I have used:

Spoiler

Did I help you?

TiMi79

TiMi79

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
I'm on Slim ROM at the moment with unofficial bootloader unlock, and I have a problem like many other people here that the progres bar is stuck on 1/3 vith update.app, so can I just flash ICS repack ROM and after that continue with unlocking the bootlodaer?

george109

george109

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

I'm on Slim ROM at the moment with unofficial bootloader unlock, and I have a problem like many other people here that the progres bar is stuck on 1/3 vith update.app, so can I just flash ICS repack ROM and after that continue with unlocking the bootlodaer?

No, This is because it does not include a bootloader, it is literally just a ROM. However, you can use this update.app, to get the ICS one to work.
Once this one has installed, then install the ICS update.app as you were before, and it should succeed.

Quick Guide:

1. Take the battery out of your phone and reinsert it. Then, turn your phone on as normal.
2. Connect your phone to your computer.
3. From your computer, open your phone's microSD folder, and then open the folder dload and delete the update.app file.
4. Download the new update.app (it should be about 1 KB) and copy it to the dload folder on your phone's microSD.
5. Disconnect your phone from your computer.
6. Turn off the phone, and take out the battery, wait 10 seconds and put it back in. and hold volume up and down, and power at the same time.
7. Once the update has completed, delete the dload folder from your phone's microSD card and install the ICS update.app, the update should perform as normal, without the update failed error message.

Edited by george109, 05 September 2013 - 09:44 AM.

Spoiler

My Device:

The ROMS I have used:

Spoiler

Did I help you?

TiMi79

TiMi79

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

No, This is because it does not include a bootloader, it is literally just a ROM. However, you can use this update.app, to get the ICS one to work.
Once this one has installed, then install the ICS update.app as you were before, and it should succeed.

Quick Guide:

I forgot to mention that I've already tried with the middle package, and also got stuck. So I'm going to try with zeroing the IMEI, but thanks for the quick reply. :)

dalyer

dalyer

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,676 posts
Is there no other option? Zeroing/changing the IMEI seems to be fraught with problems and best avoided if at all possible...

TiMi79

TiMi79

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Is there no other option? Zeroing/changing the IMEI seems to be fraught with problems and best avoided if at all possible...

Well the third way is to flash ics repack vodafone release as described in first post and after that relock bootloader.
But as I'm not on vodafone network I don't know is that going to be a little dageours to my phone?
Probably, if I after that make an update.app everything is going to be normal...I don't know?

But if I decide to zeroing IMEI I will do a backup with ToolBox5irom and after that I will restore it.

dalyer

dalyer

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,676 posts
Not being on Vodafone should not be a problem.
Definitely better than changing the IMEI.
Even if you restore it having changed it once can have ongoing implications (problems) thereafter.
There are a number of posts on this.
My understanding is that you should at all costs avoid zeroing/changing the IMEI at all.

Edited by dalyer, 06 September 2013 - 01:51 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users