Photo

[Tutorial] How to [OFFICIALLY] Unlock The Bootloader [With Definitions] [RELOCK Guide Included!]

• Please log in to reply
460 replies to this topic

chelu

chelu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300

The code from Huawei unlocks the bootloader, not the network. And yes, after unlocking the bootloader the official way you will not have signal loss. Doesn't the phone reboot randomly when on 3G? That is another effect of unofficial bootloader unlocking.

jokny

jokny

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

I've just finally managed to unlock the bootloader using this guide. Huawei was really quick to send me the code.

I hope signal problems are gone now.

I haven't experienced random reboots, but thats might be because i am usually on 2G.

Edited by jokny, 03 June 2014 - 10:57 AM.

PreferLinux

PreferLinux

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

First, the link in the OP to the Huawei form to ask for an unlock code (http://www.huaweidev...ethod=preUnlock) doesn't seem to take me to anywhere useful. It redirects me to http://consumer.huaw...ethod=preUnlock which just shows their consumer home page.

I'm trying to unlock the bootloader of my G300, and I've got a slight problem. I've tried the page http://en.club.vmall...lock&action=pre as I saw earlier in the thread, but it just says the same "We regret to say that the information you are searching is not found..." as was mentioned earlier in the thread. So I've emailed them, and they replied along much the same lines ("Sorry that after checking, we can’t find any releasing record for this item. So we can’t provide the relevant WIDEWINE KEY according. Once again thank you for contacting Huawei device.") Now, I do realise that not everyone gets a (correct) response, but I'm just wondering if anyone else has had this kind of response and if it is worth emailing them again. I'm pretty certain all the info I provided is correct.

dalyer

dalyer

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,258 posts
  • Devices:Haier W910, Coolpad F1 8297W

You probably need to keep emailing them with the correct info (IMEI, model number, serial number etc.) until they give you the code.

https://www.facebook...527270163985998

Or just try DC Unlocker and see if it will work for free:

http://www.modaco.co...17#entry2168479

If not then you can pay them $1 (or €1?) for them to unlock the bootloader. Probably the easiest option seeing that Huawei can make it so difficult for some customers...

PreferLinux

PreferLinux

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

I'd try DC Unlocker, but I'm on Linux and it seems to be Windows-only. I've emailed them again (it is pretty much impossible that they "couldn't find it" if they actually looked properly).

dalyer

dalyer

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,258 posts

It might be easier to borrow access to a Windows machine and try DC Unlocker.

But if you persist with getting the code from Huawei then it may take several attempts.

That's assuming that they are still processing G300 bootloader unlock code requests at all?

Make sure to send them all of the relevant details - use the template email in the first post of this thread.

Edited by dalyer, 18 June 2014 - 09:53 AM.

PreferLinux

PreferLinux

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

I managed to get USB working in a virtual machine (I've tried unsuccessfully before, but it worked this time), so I tried out DC Unlocker there. Unfortunately it didn't work (using either set of drivers). So I'm waiting for Huawei again...

dalyer

dalyer

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,258 posts

What do you mean it does't work?
Can't connect at all or can't unlock for free?

If it can connect but not unlock for free then you can pay them $1 (or €1?) to get the bootloader unlocked.

I generally don't have any issues with USB and VMs (VMware).

PreferLinux

PreferLinux

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

It couldn't connect. But I could see both COM ports showing up in Device Manager, so it seems the passthrough was working correctly.

But I'm not too worried as I can wait for Huawei, although I have emailed them again (I'm not waiting three days to hear back before emailing again – I'll pester them until I get a useful response).

PreferLinux

PreferLinux

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

And 17 minutes later I get a reply with my unlock code. Nice! I just hope it works correctly (don't have time to try right now).

Edit: It worked great.

Edited by PreferLinux, 20 June 2014 - 06:20 AM.

JovanNS

JovanNS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300

Does anyone know how long it takes for Huawei to answer? I've sent  them an email (to [email protected]) about 2 weeks ago asking for unlock code and they stil haven't answered and im getting really annoyed with my phone bugging. :)

Edited by JovanNS, 08 July 2014 - 07:46 AM.

dalyer

dalyer

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,258 posts

You need to keep emailing them.

It can take many attempts to get it from them.
Read the rest of the thread for people's experience and some tips on how to word the email.

As an alternative DC-Unlocker may work for free or for a mere $1 (or €1?) and may be simpler?

http://www.modaco.co...7#entry2168479 

carpentrie

carpentrie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:u8815

I've got 3 emails from huawei, all they contains the same code.

But my phone ignores it. Unlock failed, invalid code.

This form doesn't exist more.

I tried another link, but it says that my product id is invalid.

I double\triple checked all symbols in SN, IMEI, MAC, they are correct.

Btw, I have read in agreement next words:

[ Warnings and precautions ]

1. As determined by your service provider, custom devices may not support bootloader unlocking. If so, contact your service provider to unlock your device’s bootloader.

I have a device locked with my operator (Velcom).

Does it mean that I can't unlock bootloader with the code that I got from huawei?

Edited by carpentrie, 08 July 2014 - 05:03 PM.

dalyer

dalyer

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,258 posts

Did you try DC Unlocker?

See my previous post.

The bootloader unlock code request service from Huawei is very unpredictable.

Some people got the correct code immediately.

Some after several attempts.

Some got the wrong code then the correct code.

Some repeatedly got the wrong code.

Some got nothing.

You either have to keep persisting or just use DC Unlocker for free or for a small fee.

theratn

theratn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300

This worked just fine! 

DC-unlocker didn't work for me with any of the drivers provided.

However, Huawei replied to me with the unlock code within 2 hours. I sent my e-mail around 2-3 AM EET (+2 GMT) and got a reply around 4 AM. This has to do with their business hours in China, and I think reply chances increase greatly if you take that into account and send your request when it's daytime over there.

I did have a slight hard time following this step. It says to go to the folder where you extracted "it" but it should be easier if it said "go to the ADB folder you created earlier".

Unlocking The Bootloader

First, you will have to turn on the phone normally, and go into Settings. Now you will need to go all the way to the bottom and turn Fastboot Off!
Now, you need to make sure that the phone is unplugged from the PC. Now turn off the phone, and hold volume DOWN and Power. This will put the phone into fastboot mode. When you have held it down for 30 seconds, and the phone is on the Huawei ascend screen, plug it back in to the PC and go into the folder, where you extracted it. Now you are there, press Shift and right click. You should see a menu with a few strange options. You need to Click "Open command window here"

I extracted about 5 different things to get this far and I scratched my head a little when I came to this step before I figured out what I had to do. :D

But overall, this was easy to follow and to install. Thanks!

Edited by theratn, 13 July 2014 - 10:20 AM.

carpentrie

carpentrie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:u8815

dalyer, thanks. I tried dc-unlocker. It doesn't show me my bootloader code, but shows my true SN, MAC, IMEI:)

I forgot that a replaced phone body with another one that bricked after contact with water.

So I wrote new email and huawei responsed with correct bootloader unlock code.

All works fine:)

JovanNS

JovanNS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

dalyer, thanks. I tried dc-unlocker. It doesn't show me my bootloader code, but shows my true SN, MAC, IMEI:)

I forgot that a replaced phone body with another one that bricked after contact with water.

So I wrote new email and huawei responsed with correct bootloader unlock code.

All works fine:)

What did you say to them (Huawei) and did you wrote them on [email protected]? I've sent them like 5 or 6 emails and didn't get any response... It's been like 24 days or so since my first email to them. I'm bored and annoyed with them so much. The problem is that DC Unlocker doesnt work for me either :(

dalyer

dalyer

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,258 posts

Does paid DC Unlocker not work?

Drivers can be an issue there.

The DC Unlocker forum might also be able to help.

The email I sent them is more or less what is advised in the tutorial.

I posted it elsewhere on one of the bootloader unlock code threads as well so you should be able to find it.

Some people had to send many emails before they got a code.

JovanNS

JovanNS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

I dont have PayPal account (im from Serbia and its a mess getting it here) so i coudnt buy credits for DC Unlocker, but the regular version shows no bootloader info. i have tried it with several drivers, multiple reboots computer and phone, on 3 different machines and no luck... Still no response from Huawei either, wrote them about 6 or 7 times now, also over my another email acoount and nothing :( 

dalyer

dalyer

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,258 posts

OK. Sorry - didn't realise it was so much hassle to get PayPal in Serbia.

Is there any other way to pay? I presume not.

I guess you'll just have to keep trying with Huawei.

Or just stick to the GB/19808 baseband and bootloader.

Many (most?) ROMs are multi-baseband and I don't think that there is any killer reason to have 2030 instead of 19808.

When I used my G300 I just stuck with the old baseband/bootloader to avoid the hassle of unlocking officially and 3G reboots when unlocked unofficially.

Hope this helps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users