Photo

[Tutorial] How to [OFFICIALLY] Unlock The Bootloader [With Definitions] [RELOCK Guide Included!]

481 replies to this topic

doveman

doveman

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300

I finally got round to creating a Win7 VHD and installed the u8810_u8815 driver. Now DC Unlocker doesn't say "DBAadapter reserved Interface driver ver. 2.0.6.601 required" anymore but it's still not working properly.

All it shows is this (I've edited the IMEI and MAC codes for privacy):

DC - Unlocker 2 Client 1.00.1180

Detecting phone :

selection :
manufacturer - Huawei phones
model - Auto detect (recommended)

Found Applications port COM4
Found Diagnostics port COM3

Model               : Huawei Ascend G series
IMEI                : 8612xxxxx4524
Wi-Fi MAC           : 88:xx:xx:xx:xx:74
BlueTooth MAC       : 88:xx:xx:xx:xx:73
SIM Lock status     : unlocked

with no "Bootloader status" or "Bootloader code" for me to use as shown in this video at 1:30

I tried with the v2.0.6.601 driver as well and that's the same. I think it's a waste of time (and money) buying any credit as I don't think DC Unlocker will be able to unlock the phone if it's not returning any bootloader code

doveman

doveman

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300

Well it doesn't look like I'll be able to unlock my bootloader, so I guess I'll just flash back to a GB ROM. I'm going to give the phone to my Dad anyway and he doesn't need much, mainly just a bigger/better phone to use for texting than his current cheapo non-smartphone and I'll tell him not to keep any confidential data on there as it can't be encrypted and just use his tablet for most stuff.

EDIT: Maybe I can just use this ICS in GB to downgrade to the GB baseband and keep using an ICS ROM http://www.modaco.co...on-gb-baseband/ I might still just stick with GBXTreme or SuperSlim though.

Edited by doveman, 18 May 2015 - 06:50 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users