Photo

[Tutorial] How to [OFFICIALLY] Unlock The Bootloader [With Definitions] [RELOCK Guide Included!]

• Please log in to reply
383 replies to this topic

george109

george109

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts
  • Interests:Cycling, Tech and Canoeing
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy S4 - GT-I9505

yer man i think iv rerooted my phone anyways yep iv rerooted seems fine could i just ask how would i go about updateing cwm recovery iv got 4.0.1.5 think i need to upgrade lol not to sure how so very new to all this

It is better to have the latest version of CWM as lots of bugs (problems) are fixed in the latest release. You can simply go to the pinned CWM thread and then download the zip and flash it like a normal ROM. Then go advanced > reboot recovery.

Hello. I have an S4 now, and I hardly ever use MoDaCo now. 

Therefore you will receive no replies to any PMs

Please post in the forum instead. You will get more help there :)

:excl:A WARNING TO ALL G300 OWNERS! Please Read! (The Flash Memory Problem!) :excl:

Tutorial: How To (Officially) Unlock Your Bootloader! (The long way, but which definitely works)

Please, Do not use the HuaweiG300.com Tutorial on how to unlock your bootloader, it is better to unlock it officially with my tutorial!

Spoiler

My Device:

Huawei Ascend G300 (U8815) - Sold!

Samsung Galaxy S4 (Black) - The LTE Version - GT-I9505

(Ignore the links above (if there is one). It's a skimwords (advertising) link and nothing to do with me!)

The ROMS I have used:

Spoiler

Download Blink, a great app that controls the status LED on the G300!

Wait for 5 seconds and then click skip ad! Do not download anything in the ad window, that is not the app!

Did I help you?

If I did, Please press the rep_up1.png button, in the bottom right hand corner of my posts.

(If not, Press it anyway!)

If I really helped you, you could also donate to me. Thanks!  :) 

silverwolf6625

silverwolf6625

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Devices:Huawei g300

It is better to have the latest version of CWM as lots of bugs (problems) are fixed in the latest release. You can simply go to the pinned CWM thread and then download the zip and flash it like a normal ROM. Then go advanced > reboot recovery.

ok cool dude can i get latest version of cwm on here or btw not sure which one it is wait nvm found it lol yer just flashed it like a normal rom i just delete my old thank you very much for helping me.

Edited by silverwolf6625, 19 July 2013 - 11:06 PM.

OmnioPT

OmnioPT

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300 / THL W200
Great guide!
My bootloader is officialy unlocked!

Thanks!

george109

george109

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

Great guide!
My bootloader is officialy unlocked!

Thanks!

You're welcome :)

:excl:A WARNING TO ALL G300 OWNERS! Please Read! (The Flash Memory Problem!) :excl:

Tutorial: How To (Officially) Unlock Your Bootloader! (The long way, but which definitely works)

Please, Do not use the HuaweiG300.com Tutorial on how to unlock your bootloader, it is better to unlock it officially with my tutorial!

Spoiler

My Device:

(Ignore the links above (if there is one). It's a skimwords (advertising) link and nothing to do with me!)

The ROMS I have used:

Spoiler

Wait for 5 seconds and then click skip ad! Do not download anything in the ad window, that is not the app!

Did I help you?

If I did, Please press the rep_up1.png button, in the bottom right hand corner of my posts.

aztekman

aztekman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300
After i do the Unlocking The Bootloader,what do i need to do next to install a custom rom? Do I have to follow this step Installing The Custom Recovery ?

MrDjibrilo

MrDjibrilo

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Devices:G300
  • Twitter:@umad11
When I download dload.zip and dload.z01 do I have to use winrar (or 7zip) to extract them into dload folder or do I just put those two files into the dload folder and then just copy that folder with those 2 files in it onto the sd card?

OmnioPT

OmnioPT

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300 / THL W200

When I download dload.zip and dload.z01 do I have to use winrar (or 7zip) to extract them into dload folder or do I just put those two files into the dload folder and then just copy that folder with those 2 files in it onto the sd card?

Unrar the 2 files!

MrDjibrilo

MrDjibrilo

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Devices:G300
  • Twitter:@umad11

Unrar the 2 files!

Thanks I did that, now it's stuck forever on the pink progress bar installing screen, it's a quarter through and just sitting there

george109

george109

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

Thanks I did that, now it's stuck forever on the pink progress bar installing screen, it's a quarter through and just sitting there

Can you try a middle package? This will hopefully fix the update for you, you can download it here. Replace the update.app in the dload folder, and then replace it with this one.

Spoiler

My Device:

The ROMS I have used:

Spoiler

Did I help you?

george109

george109

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

After i do the Unlocking The Bootloader,what do i need to do next to install a custom rom? Do I have to follow this step Installing The Custom Recovery ?

Yes, you will have to install a custom recovery, as the Stock (Original) recovery will not let you install custom ZIPs. I would recommend installing CWM Recovery, and then installing TWRP after in the last post, as it is a lot more user friendly.

Spoiler

My Device:

The ROMS I have used:

Spoiler

Did I help you?

aztekman

aztekman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
But I don't really need to install TWRP, do I ?

cumilko

cumilko

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Hi, is any way to get bootloader status to "locked" ? when i relock it, bootloader status was "relocked" not "locked", may occure some trobules when i need to apply 2year waranty ? i have a troubles with micro USB connec, sometimes it can´t connect phone to PC or something like this.

BB: 2020
orig update.APP: B935

Edited by cumilko, 21 July 2013 - 05:23 PM.

george109

george109

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

But I don't really need to install TWRP, do I ?

If you want to flash custom ROMs, you need either CWM recovery, or TWRP recovery. This is because the original Huawei Recovery will not let anything be flashed unless it is signed by Huawei. Sorry, but it is the only way.

Spoiler

My Device:

The ROMS I have used:

Spoiler

Did I help you?

aztekman

aztekman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
Understood. I'l come here for help if i need it, if not, i'l come with feedback after i succeed. Thank you ^_^

george109

george109

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

Hi, is any way to get bootloader status to "locked" ? when i relock it, bootloader status was "relocked" not "locked", may occure some trobules when i need to apply 2year waranty ? i have a troubles with micro USB connec, sometimes it can´t connect phone to PC or something like this.

BB: 2020
orig update.APP: B935

I don't think so. You could try running a force update again and seeing if that returns it to the Locked Status. Sorry :(

Spoiler

My Device:

The ROMS I have used:

Spoiler

Did I help you?

george109

george109

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

Understood. I'l come here for help if i need it, if not, i'l come with feedback after i succeed. Thank you ^_^

Good luck :)

Spoiler

My Device:

The ROMS I have used:

Spoiler

Did I help you?

cumilko

cumilko

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

I don't think so. You could try running a force update again and seeing if that returns it to the Locked Status. Sorry :(

i trying again the force update for now, any experience with applying warranty on unlocked or relocked bootloader ?

george109

george109

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

i trying again the force update for now, any experience with applying warranty on unlocked or relocked bootloader ?

I do have a little, Where did you buy it from?

Spoiler

My Device:

The ROMS I have used:

Spoiler

Did I help you?

cumilko

cumilko

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I bought it in normal IT shop.

// free distribution

Edited by cumilko, 21 July 2013 - 05:47 PM.

george109

george109

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

I bought it in normal IT shop.

// free distribution

Ok, Try the force update, as it can't hurt. :)

Spoiler

My Device:

The ROMS I have used:

Spoiler

Did I help you?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users