Fastboot can't recognize devices

Guest IWFDEC

Guest IWFDEC

Hey guys, I'm pretty new to android phones overall (got my Zte blade 3 like a week ago, it's on android 4.0.4 now) so I have run into some trouble while trying to root;

No matter what I do, I can't get fastboot to work. I have updated the normal drivers for zte (found in guides here) and it recognizes the phone in device manager (as ZTE Handset ADB Interface?) and also in cmd when i write adb devices it recognizes it; but fastboot - nothing.

I've tried installing from sdk manager, then just fastboot.exe and adb.exe from a few posts on this website, etc and updated my drivers for both XP and Win7 (got both, tried all on both) and nothing works; fastboot is perma stuck on <waiting for device>,

so I guess it's a fastboot driver update issue as I cannot for the life of me find a working one; as in one i can force install I guess (few fastboot drivers for xp i've found contained no "information about hardware" as windows put it when i tried to force install it, and in case of updating it from the option to search for drivers itself, it always says that i've already got better drivers or something like that)

any and all help is veeery much so appreciated (if it's actually a fastboot driver issue, a working one for winXP would be lovely)

thank you

(also i've tried all the root apps, like the oneclickroot and root by binary and whatever, none worked)

Guest Something Wierd

Had the same problem,it was a nightmare to root but after that everything worked as a charm.

The way i did it is i putted the recovery with the adb and fastboot drivers,opened cmd in administrator and i set the directory to that folder.You can also do it by holding shift,right click and chose "open command window here".After that everything worked fine.

Im using win8 btw but it should work for you too.

Guest IWFDEC

Sadly that's not the problem, i navigate to the directory of adb/fastboot in cmd and then do 'fastboot devices' and it returns nothing, no matter what i try.