[In-Call Volume Too High Problem]

Guest Buffalo Soldier

Guest Buffalo Soldier

I've noticed this problem with all CM and CM-based roms, this is the only thing that's still sending me back to stock-based roms.

I opened this topic so that we all can try to contribute to resolving this problem, in any way that we can. Maybe someone knows about a CM rom that doesn't have this problem, or someone has found a way to fix this with a patch or somewhere in volume settings...

I'm also hoping that one of our beloved developers will eventually find a few hours to address this issue, and I want to point out that I'm hoping, not requesting, actually I'm dreaming about it for some time now... :D

Guest Buffalo Soldier

That only makes it bearable, it doesn't solve the main problem. Levels are simply too high, min level is almost the same as max level on stock.

Guest Fagulhas

I've been looking around that issue since the early days of CM development and its still with us today. Hours if not days were spent trying to fix it with no results so far. I haven't been around much to do a few more tries and changes, but maybe one day i will hop around to help a bit more.

Guest stumark

Hi,

I had this on all CM versions but always manage to sort it. I did it (whilst in a call) by pressing volume up a lot of times then pressing volume down a lot of times. If this doesn't work you could repeat this process a couple of times. Once I had managed to change the volume it didn't ever revert to the original volume so volume was fine after that.

Edited by stumark

Guest Buffalo Soldier

I've been looking around that issue since the early days of CM development and its still with us today. Hours if not days were spent trying to fix it with no results so far. I haven't been around much to do a few more tries and changes, but maybe one day i will hop around to help a bit more.

Fingers crossed for this m8!!! :)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Buffalo Soldier

So, I've tried all of the latest nightly editions of CM, also the latest PACMAN and still no progress on this issue. And I'm back on Slim now. :(

Guest popoyaya

Hi,

I had this on all CM versions but always manage to sort it. I did it (whilst in a call) by pressing volume up a lot of times then pressing volume down a lot of times. If this doesn't work you could repeat this process a couple of times. Once I had managed to change the volume it didn't ever revert to the original volume so volume was fine after that.

This lowers the volume but the distortion problem persists. I can't live with a rom that makes every phone call a stressful experience.

Guest PaulMilbank

Guest Fagulhas

They are included in all recent builds, although in-call sound is far from fixed, it just lowers the volume a bit more, making the distortion less noticeable at higher volumes because well, its not that high anymore :P

Guest Kra1o5

Guys the problem is Huawei use CAF audio HAL with modifications. Because that the normal audio HAL from CAF have the problem of "high volume",

Im working on this long time. No luck for now but at least i think is better volume now & is difficult to me because i dont have this issue.

Greetings

Guest Buffalo Soldier

I've finally tried the latest PACman (R19) version and I have to say that this is the first big change regarding in-call volume, but it still needs improvements. In-call audio is OK, but you can't change it. It stays on the same level all the time, except at the lowest level where you can't hear anything. So basically you have 2 levels, first level is 0 or muted, and all the others are the same. I think we are finally getting somewhere whit this audio issue. :) Thank you Kra1o5!

Guest Buffalo Soldier

In-call volume seems to be OK in the latest CM9.1 nightly, although I think it could be tuned a bit more. I noticed that the first level gives muted tone, second level is normal and all the other levels are the same. But I have to say that this is now the best rom for my G300. Thank you so much Dazz and everybody else who helped with this project!!!