How to instal stock rom and recovery?

Guest allen18

Guest allen18

I have a question.I installed CWM and CM10 without making backup of stock rom (dumbass).Can I brick my phone if i try to install stock recovery from CWM and than install official rom from zte?

Is there any difference in stock recovery from cwm theard and croatian recovery from some other site? I need to flash original Tele2 Croatia rom.Can i do that using stock recovery from cwm topic?

Guest KonstaT

You should have posted this to the Stock ROMs thread. It's already answered there in the first post.

Do not use ClockWorkMod to flash stock firmware! You'll find update.zip and installation instructions within each packages. Inside each update.zip you'll also find the stock recovery (recovery.img) compatible with each firmware. If necessary, you can flash the stock recovery the same way as you'd flash ClockWorkMod.

If you're going to install the Croation Tele2 ROM you need to flash it using the Tele2 branded (P772N10_TELE2) stock recovery image. You can only flash generic builds with the stock image posted in the CWM thread.

Guest allen18

Where can I find Tele2 branded (P772N10_TELE2) stock recovery image and how do i flash it?

I download from ZTE site update package and in side update is recovery.img..What to do with that?

Guest KonstaT

Where can I find Tele2 branded (P772N10_TELE2) stock recovery image and how do i flash it?

I download from ZTE site update package and in side update is recovery.img..What to do with that?

*sigh*

Do not use ClockWorkMod to flash stock firmware! You'll find update.zip and installation instructions within each packages. Inside each update.zip you'll also find the stock recovery (recovery.img) compatible with each firmware. If necessary, you can flash the stock recovery the same way as you'd flash ClockWorkMod.

adb reboot bootloader
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
[/CODE]

recovery.img is the one inside the update.zip of the Croatian update.

Guest allen18

This method for install recovery.img will work?

If you have already gained root access with some other root method, you can flash recovery using Terminal Emulator:

1. copy recovery-cwm6032-atlas40.img to the root of your phone's sdcard

2. execute following commands in terminal emulator

su

dd if=/sdcard/recovery-cwm6032-atlas40.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p17

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...