Guest z720

Guest z720

Ok.. Finally I break it .

TAKE YOUR OWN RISK!!!!!

Step 1 -

As usual you either get the HDMI TV or VNC server @

http://www.modaco.co...om/page__st__40

Step 2 -

Downgrade back to ICS update.zip which is 299MB file size. Once you downgraded you need Step 1 to entering the phone desktop in order to continue next step.

Step 3 -

Root back the unit as usual using AIO or any root kit from this site. * Confirm you rooted before continue next step by checking the "su" sitting in /system/bin & backup it to /system/anynamasyouwant & check the permission as below

-rwsr-sr-x root root

Step 4 -

This is image that I already patch using 37MB update.zip. Where you need it to get back the phone desktop to business as usual.

https://dl.dropboxus...18135/image.zip

Extract to you PC and upload to /data/local/tmp

CheckSum for both images.

847e8fb7055be213c03bf4d68172d873 fastboot.img

225b5de188887ddd505a8d1e73eb13a8 boot.img

Step 5 -

You need flashtool, where you can get from AIO tool. Just upload to same folder with those images.

Change the flashtool permission to 655 for execute.

Step 6 - *

adb shell

you should get the root shell "#", if not go back to Step 3.

Flash the boot image

root@android:/data/local/tmp # ./flashtool -i boot -w boot.img

flashing 'boot.img' to 'boot' osip[0]

Writing 6437376 byte image to osip[0]

slot 0 used by osip 2

Once DONE, reboot.

You should get back you phone as normal.

Update June 4: just flash the boot.img should get back your screen. :)

Edited by z720

Guest z720

Awesome work by you and parthrox29. Do you think if we ever get JB this method would work on it?

I doubt so, coz we need driver & kernel, anyway no harm to try as long as not screw up the bootloader the unit can continue flash until the flash memory die. :D

Guest Hasan217

Ok I don't quite understand the whole procedure. I'm a complete noob in this. Though I have managed to root my phone through the aio tool. N applied the borqs32 gpu and updated the houdini. Pretty simple, did it in first attempt.

Now tell me would it work if I just copy ur patched 37mb update.zip on my phone (rooted Xolo x900) n update it? Or we cud just add it in the aio tool....

M sorry if its a stupid question. I'm still learning.

Edited by Hasan217

Guest BlueMoonRising

Ok I don't quite understand the whole procedure. I'm a complete noob in this. Though I have managed to root my phone through the aio tool. N applied the borqs32 gpu and updated the houdini. Pretty simple, did it in first attempt.

Now tell me would it work if I just copy ur patched 37mb update.zip on my phone (rooted Xolo x900) n update it? Or we cud just add it in the aio tool....

Not a stupid question at all, just don't do it. If you patch it you will have problems, that's guaranteed..

Guest z720

This is just for whom already OTA with 37MB previously and want to get back to root.

If you already rooted dont take the risk.

Btw the risk just < 50% :P . Bottom line you dont screw out the bootloader you are safe. Besides the bootloader is locked hence you cant do anything.

Guest z720

Thanks that worked, but when im in recovery, it flashes different colurs still

are you able to adb shell login to your phone ? If yes try to flash to boot.img

Guest Visham25

are you able to adb shell login to your phone ? If yes try to flash to boot.img

I did flash boot.img and the device worked fine but if I try get into recovery mode, it flashes different colours, but bootloader is working

Guest guyh1

I don't think this works over vnc server - attempting to root cuts the connection between phone and pc.

Also, can anyone verify that this works on the 58mb update?

Edited by guyh1

Guest flyyun

can anybody upload the 37MB update?

I flash the boot.img and the fastboot.img,and then I get my screen back,but the ICS launcher can't work and the recovery dont't work.Now I'm using a MIUI launcher,but I want to get my recovery and ICS launcher back,so I want to try the recovery.img in 37MB.

thx!!!!

• 1 month later...
Guest kilcadzow

I've got the Xolo update.zip (299MB) installed but have the no video on the phone problem. I can see the display OK either via HDMI cable and the TV, or via via the VNC option.

When I try to do an OTA update, I get the update screen OK, but all it has is a small orange box in which you can put a tick (or not). The two blue boxes at the bottom are missing so the OTA update doesn't work.

I have tried to root the phone with the AZ210 tools, but no success: the system is read only.

It won't flash back to the original Orange system, by the way, so I'm well and truly stuck!

Any ideas?

Guest kilcadzow

Two ways to solve the video problem, I reckon:

a) reflash with an ICS update.zip which will solve the problem (the one installed is the 299MB Xolo ICS update.zip)

B) reflash with an ICS update.zip which is rootable, then change the video libs using AZ210 Tools.

Anyone know where I can get either of these update.zips?

Guest BlueMoonRising

<p>

Two ways to solve the video problem, I reckon:

a) reflash with an ICS update.zip which will solve the problem (the one installed is the 299MB Xolo ICS update.zip)

B) reflash with an ICS update.zip which is rootable, then change the video libs using AZ210 Tools.

Anyone know where I can get either of these update.zips?

The Xolo ICS update.zip (which is 299MB in size) is here https://www.dropbox....tsfh/update.zipIf you've installed any of the small updates then you can't go back to this version permanently.

Edited by BlueMoonRising

Guest kilcadzow

I've solved the video problem :)

I cleared the cache and the user data and re-flashed the Xolo ICS update.zip. I then checked the OTA update screen - which now had the two blue boxes at the bottom - and did the OTA update. It told me I needed a 57MB update (if I remember right) which I agreed to. It rebooted with fully functioning video.

Next step is to see if I can get it rooted....

Thanks to all who replied to my original post.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest indianvb

Hi

I have just rooted the phone and then done this.

To get the display

I got the display but no interface other then top bar on screen

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
© Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\SanDiego\tools>adb kill-server

C:\SanDiego\tools>adb start-server
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *

C:\SanDiego\tools>adb wait-for-device

C:\SanDiego\tools>adb push C:\SanDiego\tools\flashtool data/local/tmp
1316 KB/s (800388 bytes in 0.593s)

C:\SanDiego\tools>C:\SanDiego\tools\adb.exe shell chmod 755 data/local/tmp/flash
tool

C:\SanDiego\tools>adb push C:\SanDiego\tools\downgrade data/local/tmp
push: C:\SanDiego\tools\downgrade/fastboot.img -> data/local/tmp/fastboot.img
push: C:\SanDiego\tools\downgrade/boot.img -> data/local/tmp/boot.img
2 files pushed. 0 files skipped.
1973 KB/s (16924160 bytes in 8.375s)

C:\SanDiego\tools>adb shell
shell@android:/ $ su
su
shell@android:/ # cd /data/local/tmp
cd /data/local/tmp
shell@android:/data/local/tmp # ls
ls
Superuser.apk
boot.img
boot.img1
busybox
fastboot.img
flashtool
recovery.img
su
shell@android:/data/local/tmp # ./flashtool -i boot -w boot.img
./flashtool -i boot -w boot.img
flashing 'boot.img' to 'boot' osip[0]
Writing 6437376 byte image to osip[0]
slot 0 used by osip 1
slot 1 used by osip 0
slot 2 used by osip 2
slot 3 used by osip 3
shell@android:/data/local/tmp # ./flashtool -i boot -w boot.img
C:\SanDiego\tools>

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest Neeraj 9462

i want link of boot.img only file plz send me link i downoaded 58mb zip from link but i cant find boot.img 

there is a file named boot.img.p n this file doesn't works n plz elaborate the process step by step i am beginner so i don't have much knowledge about it...   

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Luni15

I am using this phone from last 1.5year still working good for me and guess what I am using the otg of phone without root access but still I am not able to use the SD Memory card and guys if you know any thing abt the SD card plz tell me

Guest BlueMoonRising

I am using this phone from last 1.5year still working good for me and guess what I am using the otg of phone without root access but still I am not able to use the SD Memory card and guys if you know any thing abt the SD card plz tell me

You need root.