[ICS][B960] ϟTesla ROM For The Huawei Ascend G300ϟ ✰31/05/2013✰

• Please log in to reply
440 replies to this topic

Miguel Rosa

Miguel Rosa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

i use greenify in another ROM's, the ideal isn't use him..but if is the only option and result..i will install him

Now with greenify the phone was more stable..don't break..it's fine now

Bogie89

Bogie89

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
Where are the "default fonts" zip here??

kyan31

kyan31

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,891 posts

Where are the "default fonts" zip here??

You have to download it manually, in .TTF format. If you want the default fonts, find the Tesla ROM zip, navigate to /system/fonts and take all the fonts out of there.

e2199c4dbb.png823c51b6b0.pngc3f6e04cdb.pngbc36a18046.pngead60d1912.pnge46a22ae54.png

Phones: Samsung Galaxy S4 Qualcomm & Huawei Ascend G300

PC: AMD FX 8350 8 CORE 4.2Ghz CPU, 16GB 1600Mhz Kingston HyperX RAM, Gigabyte R9 270X Winforce Edition GPU

Like my work? Hit that +1 button as a thank you! Want to support me? You could consider donating!  :)

Subscribe to my YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/thekyan31

Bogie89

Bogie89

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
Whenever I change my ringtone to system ringtones not music, the tone wont work. On incoming calls my ringtone is the default huawei ring tone, I mean ringtone like old phones in offices, you know what I mean? Can you help me, what can I do? Im using Tesla Rom from yesterday. Thanks.

Patricia1066

Patricia1066

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Devices:G300
An update of Tesla v1 - I used Cyda's instructions on the Stock ROM over clocking, and it worked very well. The phone has been rock solid with fast response. Its particularly good in opening Aldiko books, with large covers. The browser is slightly improved, but I still wouldnt use it over gmail app or similar. Just in case anyone wants to follow Cyda's tip, I pasted it below.

Recommended on first boot
Once the ROM has booted for the first time I would recommend leaving it for a few minutes while it finishes it's initial setup. After this I'd recommend doing the following to improve the overall usage of the ROM:

App drawer > No-Frills CPU > Set Governor to SmartassV2, set I/O scheduler to noop and for nice performance boost set the Max clock frequency to 1.152Ghz.

NB: I have found most G300's to be pretty stable between 1Ghz and 1.19Ghz so you can comfortably use 1.19Ghz if you wish but if you want keep things conservative and still have a little performance improvement then setting the max frequency to 1.152ghz is a great compromise.

kyan31

kyan31

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,891 posts

Whenever I change my ringtone to system ringtones not music, the tone wont work. On incoming calls my ringtone is the default huawei ring tone, I mean ringtone like old phones in offices, you know what I mean? Can you help me, what can I do? Im using Tesla Rom from yesterday. Thanks.

That's an odd issue, are you sure your using the I built ringtones and not 3rd party ones e.g. Zedge, MP3s

e2199c4dbb.png823c51b6b0.pngc3f6e04cdb.pngbc36a18046.pngead60d1912.pnge46a22ae54.png

PC: AMD FX 8350 8 CORE 4.2Ghz CPU, 16GB 1600Mhz Kingston HyperX RAM, Gigabyte R9 270X Winforce Edition GPU

Like my work? Hit that +1 button as a thank you! Want to support me? You could consider donating!  :)

baboonuk

baboonuk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Just change the fast boot line from false to true, the line shouldn't be hard to find as its self explanatory. The build.prop can be found in /system.

Thanks a lot

Bogie89

Bogie89

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

That's an odd issue, are you sure your using the I built ringtones and not 3rd party ones e.g. Zedge, MP3s

Yes, I'm sure, only your ringtones using, because I like it. I install rom correctly, in every step like you said. Now and my notification ringtone back to default exactly vibrate or silent. And its annoying :(
When I go to System settings/Tesla settings/Tesla Update Center/ to update if update exist to repair that problem writes "Invalid ROM (Tesla_336428) & device (hwu8815) combo!" Why was that? Thanks again.

kyan31

kyan31

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,891 posts

Yes, I'm sure, only your ringtones using, because I like it. I install rom correctly, in every step like you said. Now and my notification ringtone back to default exactly vibrate or silent. And its annoying :(
When I go to System settings/Tesla settings/Tesla Update Center/ to update if update exist to repair that problem writes "Invalid ROM (Tesla_336428) & device (hwu8815) combo!" Why was that? Thanks again.

I'll see if I have your ringtone issue right now, an report back asap. As for the OTA thing, it is supposed to say "invalid" as I haven't made or uploaded a Tesla V2 to my server. Once I start working on ROMs again, this issue will go away.

kyan31

kyan31

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,891 posts
Sorry I didn't get back here, but I tested ringtones and so far they seem to work fine, both on ringtone and notification. What I would suggest is to make a nandroid backup, flash Tesla from scratch, and test the ringtone. If it works, that means you need to reflash. It it still doesn't work, send me a message here on the thread, or via PM. I don't mind either methods.

bladebuddy

bladebuddy

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts
  • Interests:All things outdoors , family and phone
  • Devices:zte blade + Huawei Ascend G300

Now with greenify the phone was more stable..don't break..it's fine now

Would recommend autostarts over greenify all day long far more options that can be restarted with fhm cleaner app from gplay imoa the best combination for freeing up more ram and freezing all unwanted apps. Also able 2 use on GB roms unlike greenify. Just my opinion. Regards J.
Also lowering virtual ram with vm heap tool and things become even better.

Edited by bladebuddy, 22 June 2013 - 10:16 PM.

Biohazard

Pain_Deluxe

Pain_Deluxe

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts
  • Interests:skating,hardware,cars
  • Devices:Huawei G300 [email protected]
an hardcore workaround for forgetting ringtones is using build.prop editor and change default sound to one you like

kyan31

kyan31

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,891 posts

an hardcore workaround for forgetting ringtones is using build.prop editor and change default sound to one you like

Never thought of that, good thinking ;)

Pain_Deluxe

Pain_Deluxe

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts
that was my workaround on stock :D

John From Chorlton

John From Chorlton

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:G300
I tried this ROM 2 weeks ago, and perservired with it for 10 days. It's too slow to be a daily, I like the customisations, etc..However as a useable ROM it's not fast enough - even lags when trying to resolve the phone numbers to contact names. I have switched to Slim ICS V13 which is built on the same ICS version as Tesla and it works nicely with exactly the same apps. Not sure why this ROM isn't yet as stable as Slim ICS V13, but I'm sure given time it will be.

kyan31

kyan31

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,891 posts

I tried this ROM 2 weeks ago, and perservired with it for 10 days. It's too slow to be a daily, I like the customisations, etc..However as a useable ROM it's not fast enough - even lags when trying to resolve the phone numbers to contact names. I have switched to Slim ICS V13 which is built on the same ICS version as Tesla and it works nicely with exactly the same apps. Not sure why this ROM isn't yet as stable as Slim ICS V13, but I'm sure given time it will be.

Do you have any constructive feedback? Telling me its slow doesn't help anyone. You could comment on where its slow etc, and you could also stop recommending other ROMs on top as this is focused on Tesla. Thanks.

Remember your experience also differs from others, if its slow for you, it may not be the same for other users.

Edited by kyan31, 23 June 2013 - 10:17 PM.

timoti111

timoti111

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300
  • Twitter:@timoti111
Im using it from 01.06 and it was starting to be slow but then I found geenify and hibernated all apps i had. Then I downloaded memory booster and when Im starting feeling that phone starts to slow down I press Quick boost and kill all tasks buttons. Then I did backup in TWRP and in system/lib/egl I renamed libGLES_android.so to for an example libGLES_android.soq and from egl.cfg I removed all except "0 1 adreno200" and now every thing feels much more smoother and faster :). I like this rom very much. Thanks kyan for your effort and skill :)

Gabriel94

Gabriel94

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Devices:Motorola Moto G

Do you have any constructive feedback? Telling me its slow doesn't help anyone. You could comment on where its slow etc, and you could also stop recommending other ROMs on top as this is focused on Tesla. Thanks.

Remember your experience also differs from others, if its slow for you, it may not be the same for other users.

Well he tells you to make it faster if its possible... ;)

Proud Owner Of a Motorola Moto G
arzw.jpg

Pain_Deluxe

Pain_Deluxe

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts
well then buy another phone.
there is a.point when hardware limits the software

Sir Bacon

Sir Bacon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
People are buying a budget phone, but they expect it to run like a nexus 4. What fools :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users