Photo

[ICS][B960] ϟTesla ROM For The Huawei Ascend G300ϟ ✰31/05/2013✰

445 replies to this topic

saurabhkolhekar

saurabhkolhekar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
When I try to delete 'loopy smoothness' using ES Explorer I get a message can not delete the file. Please advise. I used ES Explorer, I dont have root access but I have unlocked bootloader.

kyan31

kyan31

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,876 posts

When I try to delete 'loopy smoothness' using ES Explorer I get a message can not delete the file. Please advise. I used ES Explorer, I dont have root access but I have unlocked bootloader.

You NEED root access to modify system files.

e2199c4dbb.png823c51b6b0.pngc3f6e04cdb.pngbc36a18046.pngead60d1912.pnge46a22ae54.png

Phones: Samsung Galaxy S4 Qualcomm & Huawei Ascend G300

PC: AMD FX 8350 8 CORE 4.2Ghz CPU, 16GB 1600Mhz Kingston HyperX RAM, Gigabyte R9 270X Winforce Edition GPU

Like my work? Hit that +1 button as a thank you! Want to support me? You could consider donating!  :)

Subscribe to my YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/thekyan31

kyan31

kyan31

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,876 posts

@Kyan, How do you hide and show apps in the app drawer? I have searched the internet and I can't find anything, as I would like to put the CM file manager back in the app drawer. Thanks for this, its a great ROM :)
Another thing, For some reason, I can't overclock at all, whenever I overclock past 1008 mhz the phone simply freezes.

Well unfortunately I cant help you with the file manager thing, however the OC problem is either a kernel issue or a phone issue itself. Maybe your CPU just isn't strong enough to overclock :(

You could always try another kernel e.g PaulMillBank's #19th kernel.

e2199c4dbb.png823c51b6b0.pngc3f6e04cdb.pngbc36a18046.pngead60d1912.pnge46a22ae54.png

PC: AMD FX 8350 8 CORE 4.2Ghz CPU, 16GB 1600Mhz Kingston HyperX RAM, Gigabyte R9 270X Winforce Edition GPU

Like my work? Hit that +1 button as a thank you! Want to support me? You could consider donating!  :)

george109

george109

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,105 posts
  • Interests:Cycling, Tech and Canoeing
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy S4 - GT-I9505

Well unfortunately I cant help you with the file manager thing, however the OC problem is either a kernel issue or a phone issue itself. Maybe your CPU just isn't strong enough to overclock :(

You could always try another kernel e.g PaulMillBank's #19th kernel.

OK, Thanks. I'll try another kernel as I can overclock in other ROMs. Also do you know how to get rid of the IP call button in the dialer? Loving this ROM by the way, its really fast! :D

Hello. I have an S4 now, and I hardly ever use MoDaCo now. 

Therefore you will receive no replies to any PMs

Please post in the forum instead. You will get more help there :)

:excl:A WARNING TO ALL G300 OWNERS! Please Read! (The Flash Memory Problem!) :excl:

Tutorial: How To (Officially) Unlock Your Bootloader! (The long way, but which definitely works)

Please, Do not use the HuaweiG300.com Tutorial on how to unlock your bootloader, it is better to unlock it officially with my tutorial!

Spoiler

My Device:

Huawei Ascend G300 (U8815) - Sold!

Samsung Galaxy S4 (Black) - The LTE Version - GT-I9505

(Ignore the links above (if there is one). It's a skimwords (advertising) link and nothing to do with me!)

The ROMS I have used:

Spoiler

Download Blink, a great app that controls the status LED on the G300!

Wait for 5 seconds and then click skip ad! Do not download anything in the ad window, that is not the app!

Did I help you?

If I did, Please press the rep_up1.png button, in the bottom right hand corner of my posts.

(If not, Press it anyway!)

If I really helped you, you could also donate to me. Thanks!  :) 

kyan31

kyan31

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,876 posts

OK, Thanks. I'll try another kernel as I can overclock in other ROMs. Also do you know how to get rid of the IP call button in the dialer? Loving this ROM by the way, its really fast! :D

You can remove IP call by changing the 'ipcall' build.prop line. You'll have to search for it within the build.prop manually.

saurabhkolhekar

saurabhkolhekar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

You NEED root access to modify system files.

Thanks Kyan, with root access I deleted ' 'loopy smoothness' file . I am facing issue with Dialer , dialer(call button) or contacts take between 3-6 seconds to load. Any trick to fix this ?

derei

derei

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300

... I am facing issue with Dialer , dialer(call button) or contacts take between 3-6 seconds to load. Any trick to fix this ?

Similar is happening to me too, despite the fact I'm using a different ROM at this time... may be the DB too fragmented? Can it be optimized somehow? Or the issue is other?

kyan31

kyan31

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,876 posts

Similar is happening to me too, despite the fact I'm using a different ROM at this time... may be the DB too fragmented? Can it be optimized somehow? Or the issue is other?

If its happening on other ROMs, there's probably not much I can do about it.

saurabhkolhekar

saurabhkolhekar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

If its happening on other ROMs, there's probably not much I can do about it.

Yes even I have tried different ROMs but facing the same issues :( So no problem with your ROM Kyan. But I have seen its a common problem with all Android devices they go slow over the time even if u keep cache and all clear nothing helps :(

Edited by saurabhkolhekar, 10 August 2013 - 11:22 AM.

saurabhkolhekar

saurabhkolhekar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Yes what you said make sense as even I have tried different ROMs but problem is same, But Android uses flash memory, and flash memory does not benefit from defragmentation because fragmentation does not slow it down in the first place. In fact just the opposite - defragmentation only makes things worse by decreasing flash memory's lifetime.
So wondering what would be the solution for this lag with dialer ???

derei

derei

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300

flash memory does not benefit from defragmentation

Here is not about defragmenting files as alocated, like in a hard-disk, but rather defragmenting the database (compacting it, removing empty records and so on). Defragmenting a database means optimizing it and therefore it will be read much faster.

And yes, I've noticed that my android device becomes slower over time...and I cannot explain why. It doesn't matter what ROM I have, all become slower the longer I use them... this is why I was thinking it may be a db-fragmenting problem.

saurabhkolhekar

saurabhkolhekar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Here is not about defragmenting files as alocated, like in a hard-disk, but rather defragmenting the database (compacting it, removing empty records and so on). Defragmenting a database means optimizing it and therefore it will be read much faster.

And yes, I've noticed that my android device becomes slower over time...and I cannot explain why. It doesn't matter what ROM I have, all become slower the longer I use them... this is why I was thinking it may be a db-fragmenting problem.

Are there any apps available or commands to update DB for better indexing of files may be ?

Edited by saurabhkolhekar, 11 August 2013 - 06:14 PM.

Owl93

Owl93

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Devices:Motorola Moto G
  • Twitter:@O_0wl
Anyone tried Instagram lately, no matter what rom I have it hangs in processing after editing the photo.
(I'm posting here because Tesla is my current Rom)

kyan31

kyan31

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,876 posts

Anyone tried Instagram lately, no matter what rom I have it hangs in processing after editing the photo.
(I'm posting here because Tesla is my current Rom)

Do a log and post it here, maybe I can fix or at least see what the problem is.

dus40

dus40

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • Devices:huawei g300
Thanks for your job kyan31. I used your lightning rom (with slim rom ics) found it very fast and smooth but minor bugs (ringtones settings lost when usb connected,..). So i decided to test tesla rom (found JB rom too slow). In comparison whith lightning and slim, i found tesla slow, am i the only one ? Are there maybe some tweaks to speed up this rom ? Thanks a lot

kyan31

kyan31

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,876 posts

Thanks for your job kyan31. I used your lightning rom (with slim rom ics) found it very fast and smooth but minor bugs (ringtones settings lost when usb connected,..). So i decided to test tesla rom (found JB rom too slow). In comparison whith lightning and slim, i found tesla slow, am i the only one ? Are there maybe some tweaks to speed up this rom ? Thanks a lot

More updates to improve the speed will come after I get a computer.

OmnioPT

OmnioPT

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300 / THL W200
Hope you get the computer soon :D

dus40

dus40

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • Devices:huawei g300
Hope so ! Thx

DréFerreira

DréFerreira

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Devices:huawei ascend g300
If i click on a widget and don't acctually move it, i get error message "Unfortunatly, Trebuchet has stoped working"

kyan31

kyan31

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,876 posts

The correct answer is (2).

The pre-release phones did indeed have scenario (1), but this was fixed by the development team in time for release!

:D

One of the main reasons for me buying an SPV was MSN Messenger, which I can definitely say STAYS CONNECTED when the screen goes off!

P

Use a different launcher until it's sorted. You can delete the original Trebuchet.apk after to free bloat.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users