• Please log in to reply
440 replies to this topic

Haelu

Haelu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Devices:Ascend G300

lol i just went through and formatted everything i could find in CWM, but unfortunately that seemed to include any rom i had on there! 

Haelu

Haelu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

(mount usb storage in cwm is not working)

Haelu

Haelu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

can anyone help?

after formatting everything in SWM, now it refuses to mount my external sd card, where my ROM zips are.

I am stuck now I formatted everything so it wont boot, and it wont mount my sd any more.

I am guessing it is now a brick. Can anyone verify?

dalyer

dalyer

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,556 posts

lol i just went through and formatted everything i could find in CWM, but unfortunately that seemed to include any rom i had on there! 

Yes - that's why I said if you needed anything on the sdcard you back it up first!

If you formatted everything including the micro sdcard in CWM then there is nothing on it and you need to copy the zip again.

In case of any confusion here mount usb storage is not for mounting the sdcard in the phone. It's for allowing access to the phone/sdcard from a computer when the phone and computer are connected via a USB cable.

If you wiped/formatted everything then you just need to put the ROM zip on the card again and then install it from CWM.

If you have an sdcard adaptor for the micro sdcard use that to copy the files onto the card from the laptop/PC.

If not then connect the phone to your computer and then choose mount usb storage from CWM and you should see the micro sdcard in the phone appear on the computer as a drive where you can copy the ROM zip.

If that doesn't work format the external sdcard again and try again.

Your phone is NOT bricked.

Edited by dalyer, 04 October 2013 - 05:50 PM.

Haelu

Haelu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

that's what I meant by mounting USB not working.

I figured I could just copy the file again from my pc, but it isn't showing as a drive.

I figured I can try using a friends phone to put the zip on the card again and try again. uggh sometimes i wonder why i give myself the headache of using custom roms.

george109

george109

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts
  • Interests:Cycling, Tech and Canoeing
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy S4 - GT-I9505

One thing that you can do, is run an update.app - this completely resets the phone, and then if you install CWM/TWRP and unlock your bootloader, then it could fix your problem. However this is a last resort! 

Follow this - and do posts 1 and 3, and then restart the guide (just answer the question at the end of post 1) and then install TWRP at the end of the guide. http://www.modaco.co...guide-included/

Hello. I have an S4 now, and I hardly ever use MoDaCo now. 

Therefore you will receive no replies to any PMs

Please post in the forum instead. You will get more help there :)

:excl:A WARNING TO ALL G300 OWNERS! Please Read! (The Flash Memory Problem!) :excl:

Tutorial: How To (Officially) Unlock Your Bootloader! (The long way, but which definitely works)

Please, Do not use the HuaweiG300.com Tutorial on how to unlock your bootloader, it is better to unlock it officially with my tutorial!

Spoiler

My Device:

Huawei Ascend G300 (U8815) - Sold!

Samsung Galaxy S4 (Black) - The LTE Version - GT-I9505

(Ignore the links above (if there is one). It's a skimwords (advertising) link and nothing to do with me!)

The ROMS I have used:

Spoiler

Download Blink, a great app that controls the status LED on the G300!

Wait for 5 seconds and then click skip ad! Do not download anything in the ad window, that is not the app!

Did I help you?

If I did, Please press the rep_up1.png button, in the bottom right hand corner of my posts.

(If not, Press it anyway!)

If I really helped you, you could also donate to me. Thanks!  :) 

dalyer

dalyer

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,556 posts

that's what I meant by mounting USB not working.

I figured I could just copy the file again from my pc, but it isn't showing as a drive.

I figured I can try using a friends phone to put the zip on the card again and try again. uggh sometimes i wonder why i give myself the headache of using custom roms.

In CWM go into the "mounts and storage" menu and choose mount /sdcard (or whatever volume is your micro sdcard) and then try mount usb storage again while the phone is connected to the computer.

Haelu

Haelu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

i had tried that.

anyway I managed to load the zip using my friends phone, and now it is loaded and seems to work fine. 

Thanks for the help, I appreciate it.

apologies for being a total noob

dalyer

dalyer

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,556 posts
Glad you got sorted.
Told you it wasn't bricked! :-D
Strange one about the sdcard not mounting in CWM... but there must be an explanation... :-)

Edited by dalyer, 04 October 2013 - 06:57 PM.

kyan31

kyan31

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,889 posts
When installing ROMs you always wipe /system, you were'nt doing that, explaining why Tesla wouldn't boot.

e2199c4dbb.png823c51b6b0.pngc3f6e04cdb.pngbc36a18046.pngead60d1912.pnge46a22ae54.png

Phones: Samsung Galaxy S4 Qualcomm & Huawei Ascend G300

PC: AMD FX 8350 8 CORE 4.2Ghz CPU, 16GB 1600Mhz Kingston HyperX RAM, Gigabyte R9 270X Winforce Edition GPU

Like my work? Hit that +1 button as a thank you! Want to support me? You could consider donating!  :)

Subscribe to my YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/thekyan31

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300

Hi Kyan, regards for the effort with the ROM. I am using it for a couple of days, and my problem is next. Every time I turn on wifi, or connect phone to pc, or reboot phone, I can not receve/send calls or sms, like there is no network. Rebooting device solves problem, but only until next wifi turning or connecting to a pc. And to mentiion, I have install ROM with every step that you explained.

Some adwice?

Edited by 982026, 06 October 2013 - 09:03 AM.

kyan31

kyan31

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,889 posts
Guys, I am happy to say that I have finally finished building my PC, basically meaning I'm back :D

If you guys are interested in what specs my PC is, here you go:

- AMD FX 8350 Black Ed. (8 Core 4Ghz)
- Kingston HyperX Genesis 1600Mhz 16GB RAM (Well, currently 4 as the other ram hasn't come yet)
- Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 Motherboard
- AMD Radeon 3450 GPU (Yes it sucks, it's temporary until the new - - AMD cards are released this month)
- Aerocool X predator case
- Evolabs Cronus 550w Modular 80+ PSU

I haven't had a chance to test my PC as my monitor is still shipping, however the computer boots and posts as it should, meaning it works. With this, I'll sediment be able to compile from source for the g300, and I will probably be able to do it within an hour :D

If you guys have any requests for 'compiled' ROMs, you can give me a shout as I might want ideas for a new ROM. Ty.

Attached File  uploadfromtaptalk1381588822584.jpg   90.26KB   61 downloadsAttached File  uploadfromtaptalk1381588844105.jpg   60.53KB   60 downloads

(Camera sucks, table sucks, I know. Blame Huawei)

e2199c4dbb.png823c51b6b0.pngc3f6e04cdb.pngbc36a18046.pngead60d1912.pnge46a22ae54.png

PC: AMD FX 8350 8 CORE 4.2Ghz CPU, 16GB 1600Mhz Kingston HyperX RAM, Gigabyte R9 270X Winforce Edition GPU

Like my work? Hit that +1 button as a thank you! Want to support me? You could consider donating!  :)

Hayder7

Hayder7

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • Devices:Moto G
Good for you. Good for us. Great news Kyan. Congratulations mate. If I was given the chance to ask I would definitely ask for a ROM based on slim bean. However, I am sure your new releases would be fantastic as ever.

kyan31

kyan31

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,889 posts

Good for you. Good for us. Great news Kyan. Congratulations mate. If I was given the chance to ask I would definitely ask for a ROM based on slim bean. However, I am sure your new releases would be fantastic as ever.

I'm thinking of creating my own, completely different rom based on aosp. It would be a cool project, and I could upload all my changes on GitHub for other developers to use on other phones.

I could also update SlimBean every so often for users, if it's straight forward.

Pyntux

Pyntux

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 466 posts
  • Devices:G300, Alcatel Idol 6030X

Go go Kyan! ;)

smweb

smweb

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Good to know @kyan, good news for G300 users too

george109

george109

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts
  • Interests:Cycling, Tech and Canoeing
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy S4 - GT-I9505

Guys, I am happy to say that I have finally finished building my PC, basically meaning I'm back :D

If you guys are interested in what specs my PC is, here you go:

- AMD FX 8350 Black Ed. (8 Core 4Ghz)
- Kingston HyperX Genesis 1600Mhz 16GB RAM (Well, currently 4 as the other ram hasn't come yet)
- Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 Motherboard
- AMD Radeon 3450 GPU (Yes it sucks, it's temporary until the new - - AMD cards are released this month)
- Aerocool X predator case
- Evolabs Cronus 550w Modular 80+ PSU

I haven't had a chance to test my PC as my monitor is still shipping, however the computer boots and posts as it should, meaning it works. With this, I'll sediment be able to compile from source for the g300, and I will probably be able to do it within an hour :D

If you guys have any requests for 'compiled' ROMs, you can give me a shout as I might want ideas for a new ROM. Ty.

attachicon.gifuploadfromtaptalk1381588822584.jpgattachicon.gifuploadfromtaptalk1381588844105.jpg

(Camera sucks, table sucks, I know. Blame Huawei)

Horray! :D

Hello. I have an S4 now, and I hardly ever use MoDaCo now. 

Therefore you will receive no replies to any PMs

Please post in the forum instead. You will get more help there :)

:excl:A WARNING TO ALL G300 OWNERS! Please Read! (The Flash Memory Problem!) :excl:

Tutorial: How To (Officially) Unlock Your Bootloader! (The long way, but which definitely works)

Please, Do not use the HuaweiG300.com Tutorial on how to unlock your bootloader, it is better to unlock it officially with my tutorial!

Spoiler

My Device:

Huawei Ascend G300 (U8815) - Sold!

Samsung Galaxy S4 (Black) - The LTE Version - GT-I9505

(Ignore the links above (if there is one). It's a skimwords (advertising) link and nothing to do with me!)

The ROMS I have used:

Spoiler

Download Blink, a great app that controls the status LED on the G300!

Wait for 5 seconds and then click skip ad! Do not download anything in the ad window, that is not the app!

Did I help you?

If I did, Please press the rep_up1.png button, in the bottom right hand corner of my posts.

(If not, Press it anyway!)

If I really helped you, you could also donate to me. Thanks!  :) 

kyan31

kyan31

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,889 posts
Got new case fans today :D

Attached File  uploadfromtaptalk1381773342063.jpg   84.72KB   41 downloadsAttached File  uploadfromtaptalk1381773356478.jpg   34.05KB   42 downloads

I'll buy my monitor on Wednesday and I should get it by Friday or Saturday. Then my PC is pretty much complete.

cryptoncore

cryptoncore

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts
  • Interests:Android, Gaming, Computers, Music (Dubstep, Drum and bass, Hard electro) And most other technology related things.
  • Devices:Motorola Moto G, G300

Got new case fans today :D

attachicon.gifuploadfromtaptalk1381773342063.jpgattachicon.gifuploadfromtaptalk1381773356478.jpg

I'll buy my monitor on Wednesday and I should get it by Friday or Saturday. Then my PC is pretty much complete.

Not a bad build there Kyan! Glad to have you back :D! Good news for both you and us. :DD

"The real problem is not whether machines think but whether men do" - B. F. Skinner

gioggio70

gioggio70

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Devices:HUAWEI ASCEND G300
Hi kyan one question:
Id this project dead?
I like ics and i like your roms.
Tx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users