Strange Problem

Guest Frankish

Guest Frankish

I have my friends daughters G300 here. Data connection working fine it has H and downloads emails and face books just fine etc. However when you try and make a call it just says call ended instantly. Tried factory reset and it is still exactly the same. Any ideas?

When I get home from work I'm going to try and install a different update.app and see how that goes!

Guest Frankish

A different update.app didn't make a difference either. Surely not hardware fault though when data still works fine??

Guest george109

Does this happen if somebody calls you? Also can you go home, options button, settings, about phone, status. Is your IMEI 0

Guest tillaz

have you tried a different sim card / network in the phone? then trying to dial the top up line ?

its the only thing i can think of other than the IMIE number. also what about txt messages ? do they work?

Guest Frankish
Does this happen if somebody calls you? Also can you go home, options button, settings, about phone, status. Is your IMEI 0

Nobody can call this phone either and yes the imei appears to be 0 although the phone hasn't been altered since Christmas so not sure that's the original source of the error ?

have you tried a different sim card / network in the phone? then trying to dial the top up line ?

its the only thing i can think of other than the IMIE number. also what about txt messages ? do they work?

No text messages don't work either and not tried another sim. I can't even remember how to write the imei back I've not had a g300 for a long time! I think it's the tool to unlock it?

Guest Frankish

Yes that's it and manually punching in the IMEI seems to have restored phone functions! Just not sure how it went funny in the first place i set it up at christmas for them and it's been fine since and not messed with it's a childs phone they wouldn't have a clue!

Well thanks for the pointers guys all is well again.