[CM10][4.1.2] Unofficial builds (v7)

Guest vache

Guest wimmme

Using this ROM for about 4 days now. I am very happy with the fluid and snappy user experience, ti really seems to me that it is snappier than the official JB ROM.

I just installed Nova Launcher and Widgetlocker because i still prefer them, and the Swyper keyboard from the original ROM because I really kind of like it.

Issues I met so far:

- performance in eg Quadrant is lower than for the stock ROM. I had 6500 or so in stock rom, now i get 4400. But my phone feels snappier, that's what matters :-)

- 1 reboot

- 5 times what seems an interface crash ? Phone displaying the animated CyanogenMod circle and returning to the interface about 15 seconds later . This happens at random actions

- Bluetooth is unstable. Didn't have that with the stock JB ROM, even not with DMD v1.1. Addressbook sync with carkit aborts, disconnects with Plantronics headset while calling, ... :-(

I have a catlog here if someone can do something with it

Thanks and kudos for the Devs

Guest sorinake13

Hey sorry for disturbing you guys...this rom has not be updated in weeks...are the devs abandoning this rom/thread...or a big surprise is coming to us ? Only a little question...sorry for off-topic again :D

Guest Spacecaker

i think not

the rom is wip as u might know

and the devs are humans

we humans dont play arround 24/7 so

please stop with this

they wont make useless updates every day or week

there comes an update when it comes

Guest sorinake13

Thank you for the prompt response...and sorry for off-topic...i only wanted to know if everything is ok...because i had a galaxy mini...and a dev from xda ( not giving names ) started WIP CM9 but robbed users from their money saying they are for developing...and suddenly left the project leaving us with nothing...i absolutely love Cloudmobile...i will not give it even for GS 4...i've got all i need in this phone...and if CM10/CM10.1...becomes stable as a rock...i'll be the happiest man on the planet. Cheers and Stay focused devs...us end users are here for you to test every build you make. :D :D

Devs are still working on the S500, don't worry. To get an idea on what's going on, the best way is to check often here at modaco and on acer-club.fr if u can read french (the chat is especially interesting). There is also the romanian forum which is quite active (but I do not read romanian, so I am not following this one). If u manage to check all of those 3 forums, u will get an almost complete picture on progress and difficulties of S500 development...

Guest Spacecaker

Thank you for the prompt response...and sorry for off-topic...i only wanted to know if everything is ok...because i had a galaxy mini...and a dev from xda ( not giving names ) started WIP CM9 but robbed users from their money saying they are for developing...and suddenly left the project leaving us with nothing...i absolutely love Cloudmobile...i will not give it even for GS 4...i've got all i need in this phone...and if CM10/CM10.1...becomes stable as a rock...i'll be the happiest man on the planet. Cheers and Stay focused devs...us end users are here for you to test every build you make. :D :D

that probaply was maclaw xD

yeah i know about that

it was same thing on Ace and gio and fit etc :)

When i try to share a picture form the gallery app it craqhes ...

U try to share from Facebook? If yes, I think it is a bug introduced in the last fb update: it used to work in my Rom ( cirrus1.05b), and those last 2 days it do not work anymore...

Guest wimmme

No, not sharing from Facebook, I was trying to do something from the Gallery app.

But i recently noticed that the sharing button is on top.

It is the 3 circle button on the bottom of the displayed picture that crashes the gallery app, don't even know what that is supposed to do.

From the logcat it is for applying filters ?

07-19 14:54:20.425 I/ActivityManager(800): START {act=android.intent.action.CHOOSER flg=0x1 cmp=android/com.android.internal.app.ChooserActivity (has clip) (has extras) u=0} from pid 12088

07-19 14:54:20.555 I/ActivityManager(800): START {act=action_nextgen_edit dat=content://media/external/images/media/81604 typ=image/jpeg flg=0x3000001 cmp=com.android.gallery3d/.filtershow.FilterShowActivity (has extras) u=0} from pid 12088

07-19 14:54:20.575 W/dalvikvm(12088): Exception Ljava/lang/UnsatisfiedLinkError; thrown while initializing Lcom/android/gallery3d/filtershow/FilterShowActivity;

07-19 14:54:20.575 W/dalvikvm(12088): Class init failed in newInstance call (Lcom/android/gallery3d/filtershow/FilterShowActivity;)

Here is the full logcat: http://pastebin.com/wSMB4yNa

Another thing: when trying to configure my email account, a cannot save an smtp server on port 25, it changes back to 587 on closing

EDIT: pretty sure it is about filters in the gallery app. My instagram crashes also when trying to share an image; after cropping the image you get to the filter section, at that moment instagrams ssems to crash and bring you to the feed again. So a general "filter"-problem ?

When i google the instagram behaviour i always get to OpenGL ES 2.0 issues, but demo apps for that seem to work pretty wel on this ROM ...

EDIT2: instagram update 4.1 from this week fixed my instagram issue. Before reinstalaltion and wipe did not help ... The gallery crash remains ...

Edited by wimmme

• 2 weeks later...
Guest white_tee

Hello all! Thanks to mekk i use this rom. All are good and nice but i got every day display freeze and need to remove the battery for using the phone again. I know it's a bug, if you please to fix it. Thank you!

Edited by white_tee

Guest razvankim

I think GPS is unusefull.. buy a gps if you want a good gps...don't ask phone to do that cuz it will not do it how it supposed to do.

I think GPS is unusefull.. buy a gps if you want a good gps...don't ask phone to do that cuz it will not do it how it supposed to do.

Speaking for yourself. In my case, GPS is one of the most important feature of my phone...Smartphones are multi-use devices, and you could say exactly the same about all features besides the radio (use a DSLR for pictures, use a PMP for music or movies, ...)

So it's not like people are not trying to make the GPS work....

I tried. And, till now, make no real progress...AFAIK, other devs are stuck too...

Guest razvankim

I'm just saying it's not so importat atm. Let them fix and make cm10 bugfree ( except gps ) and run smooth. after that..gps will be fixed someday.

Guest wimmme

Instagram issue fixed with 4.1 installation.

The gallery crash remains. Doe anyone else have this ?

No, not sharing from Facebook, I was trying to do something from the Gallery app.

But i recently noticed that the sharing button is on top.

It is the 3 circle button on the bottom of the displayed picture that crashes the gallery app, don't even know what that is supposed to do.

From the logcat it is for applying filters ?

07-19 14:54:20.425 I/ActivityManager(800): START {act=android.intent.action.CHOOSER flg=0x1 cmp=android/com.android.internal.app.ChooserActivity (has clip) (has extras) u=0} from pid 12088

07-19 14:54:20.555 I/ActivityManager(800): START {act=action_nextgen_edit dat=content://media/external/images/media/81604 typ=image/jpeg flg=0x3000001 cmp=com.android.gallery3d/.filtershow.FilterShowActivity (has extras) u=0} from pid 12088

07-19 14:54:20.575 W/dalvikvm(12088): Exception Ljava/lang/UnsatisfiedLinkError; thrown while initializing Lcom/android/gallery3d/filtershow/FilterShowActivity;

07-19 14:54:20.575 W/dalvikvm(12088): Class init failed in newInstance call (Lcom/android/gallery3d/filtershow/FilterShowActivity;)

Here is the full logcat: http://pastebin.com/wSMB4yNa

Another thing: when trying to configure my email account, a cannot save an smtp server on port 25, it changes back to 587 on closing

EDIT: pretty sure it is about filters in the gallery app. My instagram crashes also when trying to share an image; after cropping the image you get to the filter section, at that moment instagrams ssems to crash and bring you to the feed again. So a general "filter"-problem ?

When i google the instagram behaviour i always get to OpenGL ES 2.0 issues, but demo apps for that seem to work pretty wel on this ROM ...

EDIT2: instagram update 4.1 from this week fixed my instagram issue. Before reinstalaltion and wipe did not help ... The gallery crash remains ...

Guest wimmme

Update: after reinstalling the official JB ROM to test bluetooth issues I can confirm that it is not CM10 related, it must be hardware :-/

I will probably come back to CM10, was pretty happy with it :-)

Too bad my nandroid backup does not restore correctly in CWM, so I will flash an restore with titanium I guess

• 3 months later...
Guest Spacecaker

hi guys 

i have compiled CM10 this weekend and noticed

that root wasnt working o.O

i have tried some stuff to get it to work

even tried updating the super user apk 

and su file in bin

but didnt worked

also i think i manged to resolve the random reboot 

as for what i have used on heavy usage for 3 days now 

but this can be because i ported some cm10.1/cm11 managemant features.

but root is a main issue 

does anyone knows why this happens ? 

thanks to this i cant seem to read from logcat to 

as it says that it wants root to display logs

also i noticed 

the rom compiles in HDPI instead of XHDPI 

this is because there are 2 times the same line but with different values

i will correct this asap ;) 

Edited by Spacecaker