• Please log in to reply
280 replies to this topic

m3kk

m3kk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Devices:Acer S500

Got the freezes myself too but the thing I noticed is that if I press volume buttons during freeze the phone works (I can hear the sound of changing ring volumes) so I suspect is a framework bug or systemUI since the phone isn't in a deep freeze, but a display freeze more likely.

Same here, got this freeze like 2 times in 4-5 days :). The phone is alive, i tried to call myself from an another phone, and it rings..

davidevinavil

davidevinavil

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,005 posts
  • Devices:Acer Liquid Metal

Same here, got this freeze like 2 times in 4-5 days :). The phone is alive, i tried to call myself from an another phone, and it rings..

And about reboot nothing?
Please give us log
Look here http://www.modaco.co...60#entry2134895
And here http://www.modaco.co...60#entry2135121

Edited by davidevinavil, 04 July 2013 - 11:58 AM.

If you like my work, offer me a beer

m3kk

m3kk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
Need to take the battery out.

scarba

scarba

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

And about reboot nothing?
Please give us log
Look here http://www.modaco.co...60#entry2134895
And here http://www.modaco.co...60#entry2135121

Never happened to me while I had the phone connected at my pc. But I know for sure that happened once just after I paused music from notification Apollo widget

m3kk

m3kk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
I think is caused by the lock screen.. Replaced ith with GoLocker, lets see if it will happens again..

wimmme

wimmme

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts
  • Devices:LG G2/Nexus7/AcerS500/iPad3
  • Twitter:@wimmme
Using this ROM for about 4 days now. I am very happy with the fluid and snappy user experience, ti really seems to me that it is snappier than the official JB ROM.
I just installed Nova Launcher and Widgetlocker because i still prefer them, and the Swyper keyboard from the original ROM because I really kind of like it.
Issues I met so far:
- performance in eg Quadrant is lower than for the stock ROM. I had 6500 or so in stock rom, now i get 4400. But my phone feels snappier, that's what matters :-)
- 1 reboot
- 5 times what seems an interface crash ? Phone displaying the animated CyanogenMod circle and returning to the interface about 15 seconds later . This happens at random actions
- Bluetooth is unstable. Didn't have that with the stock JB ROM, even not with DMD v1.1. Addressbook sync with carkit aborts, disconnects with Plantronics headset while calling, ... :-(

I have a catlog here if someone can do something with it

Thanks and kudos for the Devs

sorinake13

sorinake13

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • Devices:S500
Hey sorry for disturbing you guys...this rom has not be updated in weeks...are the devs abandoning this rom/thread...or a big surprise is coming to us ? Only a little question...sorry for off-topic again :D

Spacecaker

Spacecaker

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 480 posts
  • Devices:Acer S500 CloudMobile
i think not
the rom is wip as u might know
and the devs are humans
we humans dont play arround 24/7 so
please stop with this
they wont make useless updates every day or week
there comes an update when it comes

sorinake13

sorinake13

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • Devices:S500
Thank you for the prompt response...and sorry for off-topic...i only wanted to know if everything is ok...because i had a galaxy mini...and a dev from xda ( not giving names ) started WIP CM9 but robbed users from their money saying they are for developing...and suddenly left the project leaving us with nothing...i absolutely love Cloudmobile...i will not give it even for GS 4...i've got all i need in this phone...and if CM10/CM10.1...becomes stable as a rock...i'll be the happiest man on the planet. Cheers and Stay focused devs...us end users are here for you to test every build you make. :D :D

gkai

gkai

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Devices:Acer S500 Cloudmobile
Devs are still working on the S500, don't worry. To get an idea on what's going on, the best way is to check often here at modaco and on acer-club.fr if u can read french (the chat is especially interesting). There is also the romanian forum which is quite active (but I do not read romanian, so I am not following this one). If u manage to check all of those 3 forums, u will get an almost complete picture on progress and difficulties of S500 development...

Spacecaker

Spacecaker

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 480 posts
  • Devices:Acer S500 CloudMobile

Thank you for the prompt response...and sorry for off-topic...i only wanted to know if everything is ok...because i had a galaxy mini...and a dev from xda ( not giving names ) started WIP CM9 but robbed users from their money saying they are for developing...and suddenly left the project leaving us with nothing...i absolutely love Cloudmobile...i will not give it even for GS 4...i've got all i need in this phone...and if CM10/CM10.1...becomes stable as a rock...i'll be the happiest man on the planet. Cheers and Stay focused devs...us end users are here for you to test every build you make. :D :D

that probaply was maclaw xD

yeah i know about that

it was same thing on Ace and gio and fit etc :)

wimmme

wimmme

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts
When i try to share a picture form the gallery app it craqhes ...

gkai

gkai

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

When i try to share a picture form the gallery app it craqhes ...

U try to share from Facebook? If yes, I think it is a bug introduced in the last fb update: it used to work in my Rom ( cirrus1.05b), and those last 2 days it do not work anymore...

wimmme

wimmme

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts
No, not sharing from Facebook, I was trying to do something from the Gallery app.
But i recently noticed that the sharing button is on top.
It is the 3 circle button on the bottom of the displayed picture that crashes the gallery app, don't even know what that is supposed to do.
From the logcat it is for applying filters ?

07-19 14:54:20.425 I/ActivityManager(800): START {act=android.intent.action.CHOOSER flg=0x1 cmp=android/com.android.internal.app.ChooserActivity (has clip) (has extras) u=0} from pid 12088
07-19 14:54:20.555 I/ActivityManager(800): START {act=action_nextgen_edit dat=content://media/external/images/media/81604 typ=image/jpeg flg=0x3000001 cmp=com.android.gallery3d/.filtershow.FilterShowActivity (has extras) u=0} from pid 12088
07-19 14:54:20.575 W/dalvikvm(12088): Exception Ljava/lang/UnsatisfiedLinkError; thrown while initializing Lcom/android/gallery3d/filtershow/FilterShowActivity;
07-19 14:54:20.575 W/dalvikvm(12088): Class init failed in newInstance call (Lcom/android/gallery3d/filtershow/FilterShowActivity;)

Here is the full logcat: http://pastebin.com/wSMB4yNa

Another thing: when trying to configure my email account, a cannot save an smtp server on port 25, it changes back to 587 on closing

EDIT: pretty sure it is about filters in the gallery app. My instagram crashes also when trying to share an image; after cropping the image you get to the filter section, at that moment instagrams ssems to crash and bring you to the feed again. So a general "filter"-problem ?
When i google the instagram behaviour i always get to OpenGL ES 2.0 issues, but demo apps for that seem to work pretty wel on this ROM ...

EDIT2: instagram update 4.1 from this week fixed my instagram issue. Before reinstalaltion and wipe did not help ... The gallery crash remains ...

Edited by wimmme, 12 August 2013 - 10:41 AM.

trunyk

trunyk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Devices:cloudmobile
the links for dowload cm10 is dead :/

Shreps

Shreps

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Devices:Samsung GT-i9100 & Acer S500
  • Twitter:@shr3ps

the links for dowload cm10 is dead :/

Use mirrors on http://acer.shreps.fr/

white_tee

white_tee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:Acer Cloud Mobile S500
Hello all! Thanks to mekk i use this rom. All are good and nice but i got every day display freeze and need to remove the battery for using the phone again. I know it's a bug, if you please to fix it. Thank you!

Edited by white_tee, 06 August 2013 - 05:26 AM.

TheMrBlue

TheMrBlue

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Devices:Acer CloudMobile S500
Just a quick question: how far are you guys on fixing the GPS issues? Thanks!

gkai

gkai

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Just a quick question: how far are you guys on fixing the GPS issues? Thanks!

not far :P

razvankim

razvankim

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts
  • Interests:Developing
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy I9100
  • Twitter:@none
I think GPS is unusefull.. buy a gps if you want a good gps...don't ask phone to do that cuz it will not do it how it supposed to do.

Cheers | Hit THANKS if I helped you.
razvankim@MoDaCo

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users