PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,226 posts
  • Devices:All the Nexus!
  • Twitter:@paulobrien
Asus have announced a number of new Android products at Computex 2013 in Taiwan, including a 3 in one device featuring both Windows 8 and Android, an updated Transformer Pad, a low cost Nexus-7-alike tablet and a 6" FonePad.

Posted Image

The ASUS Transformer Book Trio is a three-in-one device in that it is designed to function as a Windows 8 notebook, an Android tablet and a Windows 7 desktop PC. It includes a 11.6-inch detachable display and despite the very different operating systems, "the Transformer Book Trio has been designed to smoothly transition between modes, allowing users to sync data or continue to surf the webpage they’re on even when moving from notebook to tablet mode."

The desktop PC part of the equation - the 'PC Station dock' - has its own i7 processor, keyboard and 750GB hard drive and can be hooked up to an external display for use as a desktop PC. The PC Station also serves as a charger for the tablet for extended battery life. The tablet itself features a 2GHz Intel Atom CPU, a 1920x1080 IPS display and up to 64GB storage.

Posted Image

The Transformer Pad Infinity is the first device in ASUS' range to feature a Tegra 4 mobile processor clocked at 1.9GHz. The chip features a quad-core ARM Cortex-A15 CPU and a 72-core (!) GeForce GPU. The device has a Nexus 10 matching 10.1" 2560 x 1600 IPS screen with 10-point multi-touch. ASUS SonicMaster-enhanced audio completes the tablet experience. The upgraded keyboard dock now features a multi-touch touchpad, USB 3.0 and an SDXC card reader, again giving longer battery life when the tablet is docked.

Posted Image

The ASUS MeMO Pad HD 7 is a rock-bottom priced 7" tablet with an RRP of only $129 (8GB) and $149 (16GB) - non US pricing / avability TBC. The device weighs 302g and has a quad-core processor plus a 10-point multi-touch 1280 x 800 IPS display. Unlike the Nexus 7, the MeMO Pad HD 7 packs a 5-megapixel rear-facing camera and is available in dark blue, white, pink and green colors.

Posted Image

Personifying 'phablet', the ASUS Fonepad Note FHD 6 comes with a 1.6GHz Intel Atom Z2560 dual-core processor and a 1920 x 1080 Full HD Super IPS+ display which, at 450 nits, is ideal for outdoor use. Front-facing stereo speakers with ASUS SonicMaster technology provide high-quality high-definition audio. Like it's Galaxy Note 2 competitor, the ASUS Fonepad Note FHD 6 also includes a stylus for quick and accurate handwritten input.

All the devices look pretty interesting but i'm particularly keen to see the pricing details for the 6" Fonepad. The 7" model is extremely aggressively priced and if Asus do the same with the smaller model it really could shake things up a bit.

Thoughts? :)

Click here to view the item

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Want to donate? MoDaCo is raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis society.

Posted Image

Matchstick

Matchstick

Enthusiast

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts
  • Devices:SGS3, Note, Transformer
If they can get the pricing right on the Fonepad Note I'll fight you to be first in line in the queue :)

BiggidyBoing

BiggidyBoing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Devices:Xperia Play
Are we about to see a new trend in Android and Windows 8 combo-transformer-book devices?

Samsung have an event scheduled for June 20th in London’s Earl’s Court relating to their Ativ (Windows8) and Galaxy (Android) product ranges. Might they reveal a similiar combination of Android+Win8 into a single notebook device? Might HTC follow too?

The cheap MeMO Pad HD 7 would be far more interesting if they were to announce a Windows 8.1 version at a similar low price. Microsoft seriously needs that to happen.

Zarch1972

Zarch1972

Diehard

• Senior News Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 405 posts
  • Interests:Husband, Dad, Wednesdayite and Geek!
  • Devices:iPhone 5S, Nexus 7, Chromebook
  • Twitter:@Zarch1972
Got to be excited by that Transformer Trio..... although I can't see it being cheap with a Haswell i7 CPU running alongside the Android hardware, basically two machines in one.

masterpfa

masterpfa

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts
  • Interests:Music, art, history, photography and traveling
    Not done much of any of these lately!
  • Devices:Nexus 5/Nexus 4/Tegra Note 7
  • Twitter:@masterpfa
I'm liking all that Asus had to offer at Computex 2013.
From the new Transformer Infinity down to the budget Memo Tablets.

@Paul and @Matchstick this means war, Gimme Gimme Gimme FonePad Note, "Biut" ONLY if competitively priced.

LG Nexus 5 (32Gb Black)

LG Nexus 4
Galaxy Nexus
Advent Tegra Note 7

dropbox.png DropBox referal link
Click to get Dropbox and to get an extra free 250mb for us both

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users