Attempting downgrade to Gingerbread

Guest DaisyGrubber

Guest DaisyGrubber

My phone worked perfectly well when I bought it (on Gingerbread), but has been barely usable since upgrading to ICS. I've been too scared to try rooting etc but decided to take the plunge and have now got stuck.

I started using these instructions but now realise this is really more for installing later ROMs, not the earlier one. I would be happy with any ROM which would actually work, was opting for GB though as I know it does.

I've rooted and have now got as far as trying to run ClockworkG300.exe. However at this point the instructions say to hold the power and volume buttons down together for 15 secs, at which point the splash screen should start and freeze. What I actually get is a loading bar, which never gets more than a third of the way across (see photo). When I try to run Clockwork it just says "waiting for device" indefinitely, and yes I have tried rebooting everything. What to do next?

post-1001389-0-05132900-1370343703_thumb

Guest DaisyGrubber

Just to add actually I have managed to get past this point, was doing the wrong thing to the volume button. However, I could still do with advice on what ROM to go with. Thanks!

Guest CoSmEeN

i'd vote for stock+ by cyda... it's an ics rom but works really good... about 150-200 mb free ram (on stock ics i had about 50-70 mb)... i really like it... not many customizable options and it looks like stock ics but it's bloatware-free

you can find a link to stock+ rom on that site

Edited by CoSmEeN

Guest DaisyGrubber

Thanks. What I really need is just a basic, stable ROM that won't go wrong or need tinkering with. I don't do anything complex with my phone or play intensive games, just need the basics to work well.

Edited by DaisyGrubber

Guest sharkyo01

ICS B952 Vodafone is fine. Been running it for the last 2 weeks on my phone no problem.

But if your looking for being more stable GB is the way to go...

Have you downgraded successfully?

Edited by sharkyo01

Guest CoSmEeN

@sharkyo01: Congrats, you're a lucky man if you had no problems with that. My g300 with stock b952 was laggy as hell. And after 2-3 months I got sick of it and decided to root it. Tried many roms but in the end i went with stock+.