Huawei Y300 £60 + £10 topup at Carphone Warhouse 6th June

Guest KenBW2

Guest ZolaIII

The roms are 99% cross compatible, the only problem of that offer is that this is a Y300 model with a standard 1730 not 1950 mah battery.

Guest ZolaIII

It means that only change - difference is screen resolution & build model name & numbering so that's the only thing that needs to be changed in roms.

The deal of the year will most definitely be a JiaYu S1 & a Huawei Ascend P6 as a honorable mention!

Guest stuartmc

OK so now I've got it who is going to be first to tell me how to root. It has B176 and all of the G510 roots refer to previous versions so don't want to experiment and brick it.

Guest glassblower

I've had a SIM free Y300 for around a week now. Bought from argos for £130 so I should have waited, ahh well, never mind. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

The Y300 is listed on Huawei's bootloader unlock page and they came back to me overnight with the bootloader unlock key.

It rooted perfectly using the TWRP package for the G510. No problems whatsoever.

My argos purchase has a 2050mah battery so don't understand why carphone warehouse Y300's should be any different.

After 1 weeks use I find it better than the G510 I had and then sold on ebay, simply because I just couldn't take to the slightly larger screen size of the 510 compared to my old G300.

Neil

Edited by glassblower

Guest ZolaIII

I've had a SIM free Y300 for around a week now. Bought from argos for £130 so I should have waited, ahh well, never mind. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

The Y300 is listed on Huawei's bootloader unlock page and they came back to me overnight with the bootloader unlock key.

It rooted perfectly using the TWRP package for the G510. No problems whatsoever.

My argos purchase has a 2050mah battery so don't understand why carphone warehouse Y300's should be any different.

After 1 weeks use I find it better than the G510 I had and then sold on ebay, simply because I just couldn't take to the slightly larger screen size of the 510 compared to my old G300.

Neil

This is why!

Huawei Ascend Y300 is a Galaxy S III Mini competitor priced from £59.95 on PAYG, hits the UK tomorrow http://drippler.com/updates/share/huawei-ascend-y300-galaxy-s-iii-mini-competitor-priced-5995-payg-hits-uk-tomorrow Via j.mp/getDrippler

Guest leetron1

picked one up today from CPW for £59.95..love it so far as replacement for my ageing sanfran...anyone know if you can access google now from the homescreen please?

Guest ftw59

The roms are 99% cross compatible, the only problem of that offer is that this is a Y300 model with a standard 1730 not 1950 mah battery.

The one I picked up today (black) came with the 1950mAh battery.

Guest KenBW2

If anyone else has mysteriously had their Carphone Warehouse delivery postponed, the Yodel delivery driver was told at the last minute not to deliver mine since the phone is in theory not released till tomorrow.

Which is annoying since I now have to wait till Monday. Ho hum

Edited by KenBW2

Guest What_The_Fox_Hat

picked one up today from CPW for £59.95..love it so far as replacement for my ageing sanfran...anyone know if you can access google now from the homescreen please?

From the homescreen pushing and holding on the 'menu' capacitive button brings up google search with the cards shown below. Not quite 'now' but almost...

Edit...

Actually this only seems to be the case using an alternative launcher (I'm using Nova). with the default Huawei launcher it does not work

Edited by What_The_Fox_Hat

Guest Skeese

Can people check if you can see "lines" on every corner of the phone (rubber coated section)...

Also noticed dust already in the camera lens area....

Guest tooplanx

Anyone having difficulty getting one now?

It seems they are now out of stock but with "stock coming soon". It says pre-order now, but I can't actually find a way of doing that as there is no 'add to basket' button on the payg upgrade page. I went through the upgrade check, but nothing seemed to happen- just went back to the normal web page.

Now, if I go back through the process and click 'I already have a code' I get an error saying 'bad gateway'.

Anyone else having these problems, or experienced anything similar in the past? Will this sort itself out when there's more stock in do you think?

Edited by tooplanx

Guest Andymac1969

Anyone having difficulty getting one now?

It seems they are now out of stock but with "stock coming soon". It says pre-order now, but I can't actually find a way of doing that as there is no 'add to basket' button on the payg upgrade page. I went through the upgrade check, but nothing seemed to happen- just went back to the normal web page.

Now, if I go back through the process and click 'I already have a code' I get an error saying 'bad gateway'.

Anyone else having these problems, or experienced anything similar in the past? Will this sort itself out when there's more stock in do you think?

I got one yesterday, even though the website was saying coming 25/06, I went through the order process and kept looking at the "Store Stock" because the website kept saying it was not available, but my local CPW was showing amber stock, phoned them up, reserved it over the phone and then went and picked it up from them.

Guest tooplanx

I got one yesterday, even though the website was saying coming 25/06, I went through the order process and kept looking at the "Store Stock" because the website kept saying it was not available, but my local CPW was showing amber stock, phoned them up, reserved it over the phone and then went and picked it up from them.

Can you only buy them in-store then? I was hoping to do it online... was going to use my mum's sim card to get the upgrade.

Guest Andymac1969

Can you only buy them in-store then? I was hoping to do it online... was going to use my mum's sim card to get the upgrade.

I could only buy it in store, online kept saying out of stock