Giff Gaff doubles the minutes to 500 on its £10 Goody Bag

Guest Zarch1972

Guest Zarch1972

Great news for Giff Gaff users as they are doubling the minutes on their cheap £10 goodybag.

The £10 tarrif now reads 500 mins (was 250), unlimited texts, 1GB data and Free Giff Gaff to Giff Gaff calls.

For those not familiar with Giff Gaff, they are one of the main MVNOs (Mobile Virtual Network Operator) and they piggy back off the O2 infrastructure.

Here's the content of their latest blog highlighting this change

Summer has finally arrived and we've decided to celebrate - so we’re happy to announce that as of next week - 12th of June – we will be doubling the minutes on our £10 goodybag. From this date onwards, you will get 500 minutes (instead of the usual 250) plus unlimited texts and 1GB of data for £10.

This is a limited offer for new joiners ending on 31st of October 2013, however the great news is that all existing members will also benefit AND be able to continue using this offer past that date.

We’re letting you know a week early so you can time the purchase of your new goodybag. If you have set your goodybag to recur or you've queued one up to start on or after 12th of June we’ll include the extra 250 minutes automatically.

There does appear to be one caveat though:

The offer is open to everyone up until 31st October. After that date all existing members will continue to be able to select the goodybag with extra minutes, however members joining after this date will not.

So all in all, a cracking deal now with 500 mins for £10/month and a rolling PAYG style 30 day commitment. This change certainly appears to fill a hole in their range for people wanting more minutes without having to pay for the expense of unlimited data too.

Sign up here: Giff Gaff Sign-Up and you'll get £5 extra credit for free when you activate your SIM.

thumb_06-Jun-2013_giffgaffwp.jpg

[ Via: Giff Gaff Blog ]

Click here to view the item

Guest Zarch1972

Double the £12 goody bag and I'm there. 1GB of internet.

*SHUDDERS*

That'll be the £15 tariff then. ;)

£7.50, 200 mins, unlimited texts, 250MB

£10, 500 mins, unlimited texts, 1GB

£12, 250 mins, unlimited texts, unlimited web

£15, 400 mins, unlimited texts, unlimited web

£20, 1200 mins, unlimited texts, unlimited web

I think their tariffs are really fair now and give great coverage of uses. If you wanted more minutes in the past you had to pay for unlimited web as well. Not everyone uses or needs unlimited web. I'd suggest there's plenty of people who don't use 500MB a month, me being one of them as i'm never away from Wi-Fi or a proper computer. :)

Guest doncoop

oh completely agree the tariffs are good prices and I'm still considering switching.

Just for me it would have to be the £15 bundle as 200 minutes on the £12 and 1gb on the £10 just wouldn't do for me.

Guest Zarch1972

oh completely agree the tariffs are good prices and I'm still considering switching.

Just for me it would have to be the £15 bundle as 200 minutes on the £12 and 1gb on the £10 just wouldn't do for me.

I can't vouch for them as i've never used them, but Virgin Mobile (runs over Vodafone) have the following:

£12, 1200 mins, unlimited texts, 1GB web

£15, unlimited mins, unlimited texts, unlimited web.

http://www.virginmobile.com/vm/paymonthlySimOnly.do

Apparently the FUP is something like 3000 mins, 3000 texts and 3.5gb web, so not truly unlimited, but still a good deal for a heavy user on a month to month deal.

Guest Michealtbh

Giffgaff are cheap but I couldn't stand their download speeds when I was with them, think the quickest I managed to get was about 5Mbps. Much happier on Three now where I usually get 15-20Mbps

Guest Richard_Arkless

Is GiffGaff now pretty stable? I've heard bad things about text messaging going down for several days.

It really isn't as bad as that, sure it will go down every now and again but the savings you get with giffgaff over competing networks is worth it (especially the £5 you get from referrals)

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.