34 replies to this topic

Cyda

Cyda

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 4 & 7 running PAC
Looks like the nand/emmc could be on its way out. I would try force updating a update.app. B926 always worked for me when I bricked my G300.

Nickxdd

Nickxdd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Devices:u8800pro,u8815

Looks like the nand/emmc could be on its way out. I would try force updating a update.app. B926 always worked for me when I bricked my G300.

Since this is not my phone and I have never installed official ROM to this phone, can you kindly link me to B926 and give me instructions on how to update please :) ? If installation is same with the u8800pro then its, make a dload folder in sdcard with update.app from step 1, hold power button and vol + and vol - and repeat the same for step 2 and 3, is that correct? Also by looking at my pics do you think this is fixable? I sooo worried right now :(

kyan31

kyan31

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,889 posts

Since this is not my phone and I have never installed official ROM to this phone, can you kindly link me to B926 and give me instructions on how to update please :) ? If installation is same with the u8800pro then its, make a dload folder in sdcard with update.app from step 1, hold power button and vol + and vol - and repeat the same for step 2 and 3, is that correct? Also by looking at my pics do you think this is fixable? I sooo worried right now :(

Yeah that's the right method, however you'll have to ask someone to upload an update.app for you.

e2199c4dbb.png823c51b6b0.pngc3f6e04cdb.pngbc36a18046.pngead60d1912.pnge46a22ae54.png

Phones: Samsung Galaxy S4 Qualcomm & Huawei Ascend G300

PC: AMD FX 8350 8 CORE 4.2Ghz CPU, 16GB 1600Mhz Kingston HyperX RAM, Gigabyte R9 270X Winforce Edition GPU

Like my work? Hit that +1 button as a thank you! Want to support me? You could consider donating!  :)

Subscribe to my YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/thekyan31

Cyda

Cyda

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts
You should be able to get the B926 update.app from here: http://www.huaweidev...softid=NDE4NjY= It might take a few tries.

If that works and you get a working system you can look at updating to other versions. The reason I suggest B926 is because when I bricked my G300 (twice) the only fix was the B926 update.app, no other version (of the limited number I tried) worked for me. Your mileage may vary, of course.

Also by looking at my pics do you think this is fixable?

In truth, it is hard to say for sure but I'd be probably looking to warranty this about now. That said, weird things can happen with G300s so it is certainly worth trying to recover it at this stage.

Edited by Cyda, 07 June 2013 - 11:36 PM.

dakok

dakok

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,606 posts
  • Devices:Coolpad F1 8297w
btw, use some download manager for getting b926 off that site to get it faster and to be on a safe side

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

logo-telekineza.png 

Coolpad F1 software and stuff 
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Nickxdd

Nickxdd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

btw, use some download manager for getting b926 off that site to get it faster and to be on a safe side

What type of download manager? Last time I downloaded official ICS for my u8800pro was a nightmare -.-'

Nickxdd

Nickxdd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
Guys really, with your comments you REALLY help me out a lot, I will come back with results, Im downloading official ICS right now, luckily it seems to be quite fast :huh:

smweb

smweb

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • Devices:Ascend G300

What type of download manager? Last time I downloaded official ICS for my u8800pro was a nightmare -.-'

http://www.freedownloadmanager.org/

kyan31

kyan31

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,889 posts

Guys really, with your comments you REALLY help me out a lot, I will come back with results, Im downloading official ICS right now, luckily it seems to be quite fast :huh:

Hopefully it all goes well :)

e2199c4dbb.png823c51b6b0.pngc3f6e04cdb.pngbc36a18046.pngead60d1912.pnge46a22ae54.png

PC: AMD FX 8350 8 CORE 4.2Ghz CPU, 16GB 1600Mhz Kingston HyperX RAM, Gigabyte R9 270X Winforce Edition GPU

Like my work? Hit that +1 button as a thank you! Want to support me? You could consider donating!  :)

Nickxdd

Nickxdd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
I downloaded B926 like Cyda told me to. But when I open the zip I see a guide on how to update to official ICS(in chinese so It doesnt help me at all) and a dload folder that contains a huge update.app(628 mb) and a vendor folder that contains a small update.app(1 kb). No step 2 or step 3. What should I do ?

Cyda

Cyda

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts
The steps are the same as you described above for your u8800pro; dload folder over to sdcard then power on with both volume buttons held down. You only need the update.app in the dload folder, you don't need the vendor files.

Nickxdd

Nickxdd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

The steps are the same as you described above for your u8800pro; dload folder over to sdcard then power on with both volume buttons held down. You only need the update.app in the dload folder, you don't need the vendor files.

And what if the device powers off while updating? Will it break the device permanently? How long aprox does it take for the update to complete?

kyan31

kyan31

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,889 posts

And what if the device powers off while updating? Will it break the device permanently? How long aprox does it take for the update to complete?

Approx 5 mins

Nickxdd

Nickxdd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Approx 5 mins

If phone powers off while updating will it be a permanent break? Phone will be unusable? This is kinda risky :P I know I've said this again but you guys are really helpful thanks for everything :)

Edited by Nickxdd, 08 June 2013 - 03:27 PM.

kyan31

kyan31

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,889 posts

If phone powers off while updating will it be a permanent break? Phone will be unusable? This is kinda risky :P I know I've said this again but you guys are really helpful thanks for everything :)

I wouldn't know, anyway can't you just charge your phone :huh:

Nickxdd

Nickxdd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

I wouldn't know, anyway can't you just charge your phone :huh:

Battery is not the problem. The phone can open even without battery but it will close because of the problem work mmcblk0p partitions. I will try to get a full charged battery because whenever I try to charge this battery phone closes after some time. Thanks anyway, I will try to update tonight.

j4r0l

j4r0l

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Devices:huawei ascend g300
i had similar problem (well it could be caused by phones bath in the toilet,but it worked like a charm for a week after drying it) but i couldnt turn phone on at all..the only thing it was "doing",was showing unknown device after connecting to computer..no response to charger,no way to cwm,no way to force update,no way to fastboot..
i ended in the shop where i bought it,where they replaced motherboard..for free ;)

Nickxdd

Nickxdd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

i had similar problem (well it could be caused by phones bath in the toilet,but it worked like a charm for a week after drying it) but i couldnt turn phone on at all..the only thing it was "doing",was showing unknown device after connecting to computer..no response to charger,no way to cwm,no way to force update,no way to fastboot..
i ended in the shop where i bought it,where they replaced motherboard..for free ;)

OK that's what in going to do, but what should I tell them to get it for free?

j4r0l

j4r0l

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Devices:huawei ascend g300
i just told them it died on the table,what was true... ;)
but my phone was absolutely dead..

Edited by j4r0l, 11 June 2013 - 11:04 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users