Touchscreen problems? Apps going crazy!

Guest xena_wales

Guest xena_wales

Hi, just had a new issue started in the last few days - every now and again it seems as though someone is pressing the screen as things are being selected, zoomed right in on, links followed etc, with no input from me! It makes the phone unusable when this is going on. Luckily I managed to get it on vid so am planning to pop into an EE store today and see what they say.

Anyone else had this problem? I've tried turning it off and back on but the problem still persists. I'm a bit loathe to go through a factory reset if it's a definite hardware issue?

Edited by xena_wales

Guest Raihan42

I have this problem come up randomly too but all I do is lock the phone and unlock it then it's back to normal. Not sure why it happens though, I think it's my screen protector or case but let me know what EE say

Guest xena_wales

Thanks, I will do. I don't have a screen protector or case on mine. I found that locking and unlocking seemed to help too.

Guest i am not a hacker

This happens for me but only when there's water on the screen as water is a company sector and capacitive screens utilise a current instead of pressure to detect pressing.

I don't think this is what you have

Guest Gibson.1

I get this in both ways mentioned above but also occasionaly when the phone is on charge as well. It stops when you take it off charge too.

Guest vermat17

I get this in both ways mentioned above but also occasionaly when the phone is on charge as well. It stops when you take it off charge too.

I have heard that phones with capacitive touchscreens (i.e. most phones these days) can act odd when charging due to the charger supplying an incorrect voltage/current (not sure which).

My OSF's touchscreen used to become completely unresponsive when I charged it with anything other than the supplied charger.

Guest Gibson.1

I have heard that phones with capacitive touchscreens (i.e. most phones these days) can act odd when charging due to the charger supplying an incorrect voltage/current (not sure which).

My OSF's touchscreen used to become completely unresponsive when I charged it with anything other than the supplied charger.

Ahhh, that makes a lot of sense because when I've noticed it happening it has been charging from my xbox usb port. Thanks.

Edited by Gibson.1