243 replies to this topic

frenkie999999999

frenkie999999999

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Devices:TooMuchToWriteThereHere!
I cannot download from MEGA. Can you upload it to another server please?

I hate that server to download a file require you to download Chrome, and adobe flash player, and other things, then you have to wait 60 seconds and then you have to ask a question to the president of the republic, then if you're lucky, after two hours of waiting, you can finally download the file.

I hate this.

Use the direct server, there are a lot realy fast!

Edited by frenkie999999999, 14 June 2013 - 02:13 PM.

argentinos

argentinos

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

I cannot download from MEGA. Can you upload it to another server please?

I hate that server to download a file require you to download Chrome, and adobe flash player, and other things, then you have to wait 60 seconds and then you have to ask a question to the president of the republic, then if you're lucky, after two hours of waiting, you can finally download the file.

I hate this.

Use the direct server, there are a lot realy fast!

version 3 is more than 200 mb. very few services support uploading files bigger than 200 mb.
but i agree MEGA service is not the best. so i will try to make a mirror of version 3
anyone else wants to make a mirror he can make it freely and post the link here

jayem21

jayem21

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:omnia 2
i always get this error message "Google talk authentication failed" and everytime i fixed this by deleting account.db file and re-signing again to google account it will still come back after a few downloads from play store.. any solutions there to fix this problem?

Edited by jayem21, 16 June 2013 - 07:13 AM.

totheriver

totheriver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:omnia 2

i always get this error message "Google talk authentication failed" and everytime i fixed this by deleting account.db file and re-signing again to google account it will still come back after a few downloads from market.. any solutions there to fixed this problem?

Same problem here. Very good work anyway. Thanks!!!

Edit: restarting android solves the problem for a while.

Edited by totheriver, 16 June 2013 - 02:45 AM.

argentinos

argentinos

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Same problem here. Very good work anyway. Thanks!!!

Edit: restarting android solves the problem for a while.

i didn't noticed this problem in the beginning since i installed most of my apps from apk and just veryfied play store is working downloading a single app
after you messages i tried to download many apps and after 5 apps play store has shown me the above message
i have found a temporary solution until i find a way how to totally fix it. just do the following
  • Go to Settings.
  • Open Applications.
  • Open Manage Applications.
  • Select All Application.
  • Search for Google Play and open it.
  • Select Clear Data and go back to All Applications.
  • Search for Google Services Framework and open it.
  • Select Clear Data.
even no need to reboot the phone. just enter your account again (if asked) and navigate normally on play store

another solution is
  • use root exlporer or similar
  • go to data > system
  • Find and delete accounts.db.
  • Reboot the device.
  • Now go to market and login using new account
i do not recommend this solution since solution 1 does the same and plus no need for reboot

solution 3 is here
http://forum.xda-dev...102&postcount=2

Thanks for your time to try this ROM. you are all helping me to find all the possible bugs and so improve it and make it the best!!!

Edited by argentinos, 17 June 2013 - 06:09 PM.

cakabey27

cakabey27

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Devices:i8000 omnia 2
Thanks for rom, it beatifull but not working gsm still. (country:Turkey gsm network: avea)
Dont find any gsm network.
Thanks again.

Edited by cakabey27, 17 June 2013 - 05:05 AM.

acedubai

acedubai

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
http://www.ziddu.com.../22360283/.html The server seems to be consistently busy on this link. Can u send another link to download?

argentinos

argentinos

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Thanks for rom, it beatifull but not working gsm still. (country:Turkey gsm network: avea)
Dont find any gsm network.
Thanks again.

you tried version 3 and still not working ? you tried installation as i mention on sd card and followed all the installation info ? please try to install again. i will try to publish another version soon. also give me some info about your device and if you do anything different the way i describe.
p.s. also try to reboot phone after installation and activate/deactivate airplane mode

cakabey27

cakabey27

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Devices:i8000 omnia 2
Than

you tried version 3 and still not working ? you tried installation as i mention on sd card and followed all the installation info ? please try to install again. i will try to publish another version soon. also give me some info about your device and if you do anything different the way i describe.
p.s. also try to reboot phone after installation and activate/deactivate airplane mode

Thanks for reply. I tried all but not working still.

m_va_n2002

m_va_n2002

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
thanhk u very much, im feel ur rom starup very slow, help fastly

sebastianlara303

sebastianlara303

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
muy buena me gusto esta rom y sirve gsm en venezuela una nota mil gracias

xheretic

xheretic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia II 16GB - i8000
Version 3 runs really smooth for now...this give to my Omnia 2 a new life ;)

Only one question... did You TRANSFER data from WM to Android and eventually how ?!?
I think call logs, contacts, sms, calendar etc...

THX!

argentinos

argentinos

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Version 3 runs really smooth for now...this give to my Omnia 2 a new life ;)

Only one question... did You TRANSFER data from WM to Android and eventually how ?!?
I think call logs, contacts, sms, calendar etc...

THX!

use msoulook or outlook express if you are using windows operating system
  • first when running wm backup your contacts, calendar etc to outlook
  • after you can download a program like this http://www.wondersha...ndroid-manager/
  • boot android, connect it to your pc usb. run wondershare android manager and restore your contacts etc to your android
alternatively you can follow this guide
http://forum.xda-dev...ad.php?t=734044

Baha11

Baha11

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:Omnia II
Hey there, thanks for the new ROM! It's working pretty smoothly, although I have a few problems:

1) My computer doesn't see the phone when I turn on bluetooth on it (and I made sure it was discoverable).
2) When I connect it via usb cable to the computer it doesn't see the hardware so I can't do any kind of file transfer. Tried it both on windows 7 and ubuntu with no result.
3) I could never get my camera to work on any android version. I've read somewhere that it's most likely a hardware problem, something to do with my production series? i don't know. Anyway, when I try to access it via the hardware button it just bricks and when I try to enter one of the camera applications I get:"The application Camera (process com.miui.camera) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."
So, I just wanted to ask you is there a fix?

nikkotsoi

nikkotsoi

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Hey there, thanks for the new ROM! It's working pretty smoothly, although I have a few problems:

1) My computer doesn't see the phone when I turn on bluetooth on it (and I made sure it was discoverable).
2) When I connect it via usb cable to the computer it doesn't see the hardware so I can't do any kind of file transfer. Tried it both on windows 7 and ubuntu with no result.
3) I could never get my camera to work on any android version. I've read somewhere that it's most likely a hardware problem, something to do with my production series? i don't know. Anyway, when I try to access it via the hardware button it just bricks and when I try to enter one of the camera applications I get:"The application Camera (process com.miui.camera) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."
So, I just wanted to ask you is there a fix?

2. set usb mode as mass storage and SD card in WM or Activesync mode
plug in the usb before you start haret.exe to run android
U should get ur usb working
3. Seems there is no solution yet
have u try the cmb2 official one ?

Baha11

Baha11

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:Omnia II
Thanks, it worked.
If you mean the one from the sticky, yeah I did. Didn't work there either (the camera I mean).

sam jason braddock

sam jason braddock

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:samsung omnia II
Hi,
can you provide your kernel sources so we can build it?

prasanth1947

prasanth1947

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:i8000
Hi There,

Its nice and pretty well. great efforts.

I have couple of concerns:

1) Battery Life seems very very poor, I have not tweaked anything, please advice the settings. All of sudden got switched off from 40%.
2) How to clear the Chinese Kanjis on the display(home page) and even in another places. is there possibilities for it?
3) And Phone booting is very very slow.

BTW, its really good to see my Omnia with new life.

Thanks
Prasanth

Edited by prasanth1947, 02 August 2013 - 08:34 AM.

argentinos

argentinos

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Hi There,

Its nice and pretty well. great efforts.

I have couple of concerns:

1) Battery Life seems very very poor, I have not tweaked anything, please advice the settings. All of sudden got switched off from 40%.
2) How to clear the Chinese Kanjis on the display(home page) and even in another places. is there possibilities for it?
3) And Phone booting is very very slow.

BTW, its really good to see my Omnia with new life.

Thanks
Prasanth

1) battery life is very good on my phone. if you expected to last as much as on wm you will never see it on any android phone. You have the original or 3rd party battery. try original and you will see normal values. if have 3rd party battery meter is not accurate.
2) chenese on lockscreen can be changed through settings menu. other chinese programs must be deactivated-uninstalled. it is on my plans for version4
3) yes the phone is booting slow. you can use the original kernel if you want from http://o2droid.phj.hu/index_en.php if you want faster booting, but it will make your phone 10% slower

you can also try android version from here
http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=2342764

prasanth1947

prasanth1947

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:i8000
Thank you for the update argentino
After you specified, I have tried with other ROM too, its speedy but colors, lock screen and incall screen are not to my liking, I am not sure whether I can change them anywhere. so I am back to your ROM and using it, so far no worries.And Batter is also fine,If I am not using the data connection.This is my first Android usage.

Thanks for your instructions to clear custom message, dont mind , I dont know Chinese.

I am eagerly waiting for your next release as specified.

Thanks
Prasanth

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users