240 replies to this topic

yazeed1

yazeed1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Omina 2

Hi all

My WI-FI stops working after every time i try to enable hotspot (tethering hotspot).

Then, i fix WIFI *(But not tethering) by following the instructions argantinious gave here on rebooting while wifi has just been enabled, then if i try to enable wifi hotspot again, wifi goes bad again (the adapter goes missing).

My Omnia 2 (GT-I8000) had Windows 6.5

Any idea on what is happening ? and how i might be able to fix this ?

Edited by yazeed1, 11 December 2013 - 01:22 PM.

argentinos

argentinos

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts

After many tests and research i publish
SAMSUNG I8000 (OMNIA2) ANDROID CM6NEW ROM Version 5
- Support more SIM
- Improved response
- Corrected some errors
- Upgrade latinimetutorial.apk, feedback.apk and more programs non google. google programs are in their latest versions for android 2.2 and will not be upgraded by the company itself .
- Most programs look like ics / holo (ice cream sandwich - android 4.0.X)
- settings for power saveing
- Resize partition for compatibility with TwisterV2 ROM so that anyone wants to change from one ROM to another can do it in less time

Also here all changes made ​​having in mind speed, the screen type our mobile (resistive), the platform version of course ( 2.2 ) and the look of latest distributions android (4.0 - 4.4). The optional, applications are not installed on the system , so anyone who does not need them, can uninstall them and lighten his cell phone. Anyone who needs them can keep them and make his mobile phone look like more modern. There are other similar applications in the market, but they are not free and so since it is not allowed to distribute commercial applications , anyone who wants can buy them and make his phone beautiful / faster .

Explanation of photo below
1 = home screen (the background is black on purpose because the amoled screen thus consumes less energy. If you want to change select another background with as many black dots. Black and not just dark color.)
2 = menu ics (holo launcher)
3 = ics camera
4 = ics clock
5 = ics contacts
6 = dialer with ics theme , search function and support Greek names . then the default for call if you like
7 = ics file manager
8 = keyboard ics
9 = LOCK ics (holo locker)
10 = dropdown menu samsung galaxy s3/s4 (anttek settings)
11 = ics settings
12 = ics status bar
13 = new android ics task manager (task manager). Listed by long pressing the home. If you do not like , replace it with the Advanced Task Manager or ICS Task Manager / Switcher. To open them again by long pressing the central button , select Settings / Cyanogenmod Settings / Input / Long-press home settings / select custom application

installation instructions same as here
http://www.modaco.co...1/#entry2132374
Beware though that here because of different size step 6 is modified
Here the step 6 are as follows :
We create a) a primary fat32 partition with (total mb card minus our 1449 mb), b ) a primary ext4 partition for android with size 1249 mb, c ) a primary linux swap partition with the remaining approximately 200 mb

Attached Files

ams464

ams464

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I'd like to try version 5, but I can't use the link to download. Could it be possible to try another mirror? Thank you very much.

Antoxa1998

Antoxa1998

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Ver 5 start freezing 2 minutes later after use it.

argentinos

argentinos

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts

reboot or remove battery and boot again. problem will disappear. if continue reapply installation. after many installations i only met it once or two the most and cured it the same way.

javierku

javierku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Devices:samsung i8000

sound mp3 no funciona como tono.

eugvor

eugvor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:Sumsang I8000

1. installed ver 5 on my Omnia2 and I was fighting with the problem mentioned before with the damaged SD card notificaton. I've spend whole day trying to reformat repartition and install again and again, used chkdsk and other tools (no errors detected)

no luck and i'm really frastrated now. I have micro SD 8 Gb HC. 

I used Mini-tool wizard home edition 8.1.1 and it does not give the possiblitiy to allocated exactly the 1249Mb, but smaller or bigger and after restoring the image the partition becomes the exact number with no extra deallocated space.

2. Second, problem is that my wifi spot at home is not detected, but my nighbores and some other strange spots which I've never since before, so I was not able to connect to my wifi router :(, why this ROM can not find my wifi spot, but others ? I have other devices and they all having no problem to find it.

So please, help, I was looking forward to have Android working on my Omina, I did it  for first time, and now I see the troubles that I may not over come without help.

Thanks.

chetannaik1971

chetannaik1971

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia II GT i8000
  • Twitter:@chetan

Referring to your step 16 -

reopen minitool an if after ext4 partition there is left some unused/unformated space (grey colour) delete linux swap partition and create a new linux swap primary partition including this time the previously seen unused space'

I am unable to understand how to merge the unused space after deleting the linux swap partition to make a new linux swap partition. Could you provide some screenshop guide for this step?

argentinos

argentinos

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts

try bigger formating space and what left will be seen as unused so you can make it linux swap.

about the wifi check the wifi settings. in which country do you live ? different countries or different internet providers (and their stock wifi routers) follow different regulations about wifi channels or frequencies.

check if you set your wifi to only g or b or n mode. better activate all.i am not sure which band this wifi is working. if you only have n this phone does not support it so this is an explanation why you get nothing.

@chetannaik1971

check post no 1 and also http://www.modaco.co...1/#entry2133378

just adjust the space according to new details for Version5

under windows you can not edit ext3/4 linux swap partitions at least not with minitool. so you just DELETE previous linux swap and make a new one with the desired/left space.

eugvor

eugvor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

try bigger formating space and what left will be seen as unused so you can make it linux swap.

about the wifi check the wifi settings. in which country do you live ? different countries or different internet providers (and their stock wifi routers) follow different regulations about wifi channels or frequencies.

check if you set your wifi to only g or b or n mode. better activate all.i am not sure which band this wifi is working. if you only have n this phone does not support it so this is an explanation why you get nothing.

@chetannaik1971

under windows you can not edit ext3/4 linux swap partitions at least not with minitool. so you just DELETE previous linux swap and make a new one with the desired/left space.

Thanks for reply. For wifi I fixed the issue by changing the wifi channel number, it appears that recently we've got many wifi routers around and it conflicted with other neighbore router. 

For for the sd card still no luck after another day spend on this issue :( , I used sdformattor tool hoping it will help, but NO.

I've tried to do exactly the same spacing for the partition2 linux of 1249, but it comes to 1240 or it was once 1249, but the mini-tool did not let me to restore into this claiming it is smaller then the original image of 1249, maybe by few bytes.

So most of the time I had partions as 6144Mb, 1256Mb, 19x Mb. After restoring the image 1256 becomes ext3 1249, but no sign of extra space, but I was deleting and creating the swap partion just  in case.

I have SDHC 8G Class 6. 

:( I have lost the hope already. Can anybody help me?

argentinos

argentinos

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts

For for the sd card still no luck after another day spend on this issue :( , I used sdformattor tool hoping it will help, but NO.

I've tried to do exactly the same spacing for the partition2 linux of 1249, but it comes to 1240 or it was once 1249, but the mini-tool did not let me to restore into this claiming it is smaller then the original image of 1249, maybe by few bytes.

So most of the time I had partions as 6144Mb, 1256Mb, 19x Mb. After restoring the image 1256 becomes ext3 1249, but no sign of extra space, but I was deleting and creating the swap partion just  in case.

a little strange. you do select primary partitions right ? logical will not work here. you tried version 4 of this ROM and still nothing working ? you tried Twister V2 ROM (the link is in this thread too) ? the solution is in deed checkdisk. no need to do format. maybe you have bad sectors on your card, so try to repair-recover bad sectors too, not only file system of the card. do the checkdisk under windows os with the os provided tools. trust me they are the best for our sd cards. do not use 3rd party apps like minitool, etc, do not use linux checkdisk tools. not tested. if everything fails try another sd card. maybe yours is damaged. do not be in a hurry to buy. use an old one (even smaller first) or borrow one from a friend-relative to verify if ROM's problem or your card's problem

eugvor

eugvor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Finally, hallelujah!

AParted ( Sd card partion) free tool for Android helped in my case.

I did remove and create fat32 partion in android with this tool.

(none of the repair actions helped, but create it from android with this tool)

So conlusion is that mini-tool does make fat32 partion, but it is not compatable with Android, looks like mini-tool(and other tools that I've tried) puts some extra enchanced info(without possibility to disable) for this partion that is not sutable for Android.

I have another issue now, USB storage feature does not work for me on Android. Any suggestions? USB Debugging ON/OFF does not help :(

a little strange. you do select primary partitions right ? logical will not work here. you tried version 4 of this ROM and still nothing working ? you tried Twister V2 ROM (the link is in this thread too) ? the solution is in deed checkdisk. no need to do format. maybe you have bad sectors on your card, so try to repair-recover bad sectors too, not only file system of the card. do the checkdisk under windows os with the os provided tools. trust me they are the best for our sd cards. do not use 3rd party apps like minitool, etc, do not use linux checkdisk tools. not tested. if everything fails try another sd card. maybe yours is damaged. do not be in a hurry to buy. use an old one (even smaller first) or borrow one from a friend-relative to verify if ROM's problem or your card's problem

eugvor

eugvor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

USB storage feature does not work for me on Android ver5. Any suggestions? USB Debugging ON/OFF does not help!

Thanks for help.

argentinos

argentinos

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts

of course usb storage is working. try to reboot your phone. when be on windows mobile, connect your phone on usb and then start haret/android. when you enter android usb storage will be working i think.

eugvor

eugvor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

of course usb storage is working. try to reboot your phone. when be on windows mobile, connect your phone on usb and then start haret/android. when you enter android usb storage will be working i think.

Thank you, your method worked well, plus I did clean up some drivers before with USBDeview utility.

Great now my phone has second life! better then before.

All the best wishes to the people that spend time on this project!!!

P.S.:

Had one small issue maybe will help someone here. During installing apps from play market, I had error like Google Talk authentication failed and Server error, so I cleaned data for the  play service and  play framework, rebooted and it started to work again.

chetannaik1971

chetannaik1971

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Attached File  IMG_9222.JPG   155.1KB   2 downloads

@chetannaik1971

Thanks for replying! I have gone through all the steps and installed the Android OS. But on running Haret I get stuck at this start up screen

Edited by chetannaik1971, 10 January 2014 - 06:24 PM.

chetannaik1971

chetannaik1971

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Attached File  IMG_9222.JPG   155.1KB   4 downloads

Edited by chetannaik1971, 10 January 2014 - 06:22 PM.

argentinos

argentinos

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts

just try to reinstall the haret.exe, zImage and startup. you placed them under Mystorage ?

is ext3/4 partition trully no2 partition after fat32 ? if yes try to reinstall the ROM. maybe it is broken during installation.

chetannaik1971

chetannaik1971

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

just try to reinstall the haret.exe, zImage and startup. you placed them under Mystorage ?

is ext3/4 partition trully no2 partition after fat32 ? if yes try to reinstall the ROM. maybe it is broken during installation.

Yes I have checked the Ext4 (1309MB) partition is second after FAT32 (485MB) and the Swap Space is 189MB. There is a file POCKETFS in My Storage which keeps on appearing even after deleting it again n again.

I have tried deleting and re-pasting haret. zImage and STARTUP and also reinstalling the ROM but its the same issue - stuck at start up. I will soon upload screenshots of ImageRecover while I try reinstalling again so that you may be able to detect my mistake.

argentinos

argentinos

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts

i think your mistake is that you try to install the ROM on "my storage", not on sd card as i describe. im you choose my storage (the phone's hard drive) you should edit startup.txt. You have or do not have sd card ? where haret and zImage are located. tell me in order to help you.

for example try to change

Set CMDLINE "rootdelay=2 root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 init=/init"

with

Set CMDLINE "rootdelay=2 root=/dev/mmcblk1p2 init=/init"

Edited by argentinos, 13 January 2014 - 01:51 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users