SAMSUNG I8000 (OMNIA2) ANDROID CM6NEW ROM V1

Guest argentinos

Guest argentinos

Hi.
1- I would like to know about front camera. When it will be able to working ?
2- The video made camera and camcorder is stopping the camera or camcorder and to do them work again i have to reboot the phone.
3- Has a way to reboot only Android without take reboot the phone ? 

Thanks.

1. if can not have a new kernel and new framework never. it needs a lot of job for kernel. one man can not do it.

2. i do not understand what you mean. you mean the camera applications ? if yes try another from play store.

3. yes and no. i8000 android roms do not write on phone's boot sector. so they use windows mobile boot sector and then through haret our roms start. a small trick to reboot from android to android without interfering win mo is to make the kernel to panic and restart the kernel and so the phone's functions. i will try how possible it is to make it come true.

Guest Jeremiah Holt

Just wanted to say thanks this is the first android rom that boots on my Verizon SCH-i920. The only thing that doesn't work is phone functions but I wasn't expecting them to work. If the only thing I have to use WM for is for actual calls I can live with that, since reboots are pretty quick. So thanks for making my i920 much more useful. 

Guest argentinos

use exdialer or similar to make sip calls. in the us internet use is much chaper. you can also use google voice. thanks for feedback. please also try twister v2 ROM or frenkiedroid. they may give you phone functions too

Guest argentinos

i need some help here. me and spiderman1961 are trying to further improve android for our device. but we need some help.

we have a test ROM here . we want to see how good response it has. i nstalled it on my sd card and got 1037 on antutu. it is the best i got or saw so far. but we need more. i think we can get more. so anyone can install this test ROM on his storage or sd card, run antutu test and post the result if higher than 1037 that i got ??? if possible post a picture too.

note : Antutu is already installed. just check the menu programs.

Edited by argentinos

Guest argentinos

thank you bothAntoxa1998,javierku

so now we know that our phone can get 1059 on antutu. this is a record. we have to improve it. i hope other people can overcome this record

javierku you tried with phone on conservative or performance mode on cpu ? can you experiment with cpu governonrs and i/o and check if you can make score even bigger ? i tried kukafei kernel 168 to achieve my 1037 score. how about you ? you can experiment with kukafei kernel 122 and 145 ?

in you have linux knowledge you can try to experiment with other zImage

i suggest http://www.modaco.com/topic/354117-kernel-experiment-40-updated-20120528/page-5#entry1961499

posts 93 or 95

they also require modules change (overwrite)

anyone can try and post antutu results ? we need the fastest ROM possible to make it a standard to work with.

Edited by argentinos

Guest javierku

tried with phone on conservative.

froyob3 kernel : 907

CM6B2 kernel   : 980

mini kernel    : 974

big kernel (original) : 1059

Guest argentinos

this is great comparison so others can measure the speed of all kernels. please try the big kernel on performance mode too. run antutu and run again, right after you see the results. i want to see the theoritical maximum our phone can give.

now about the experimental kernels i told you ? you have any linux knowledge to do it yourself or you want me prepare the test ROMS, upload them and you test them ?

Is this rom rooted?

if not how can i do this?

one more question what are the different keys for

volume up

volume down

phone

power

cube

camera

and the other keys

Thanks for your answers in advance.

Edited by Guest

Guest javierku

RAM :                                          93

CPU INTEGER:                          190

CPU FLOAT-POINT:                   162

2D GRAPHICS:                          224

3D GRAPHICS:                          108

DATABASE IO:                             65

SD CARD WRITE:                       86

SD CARD READ:                       143

CPU FREQUENCY:                    800

TOTAL SCORE:                        1071

SD CARD CLASS 10

GOVERNORS: PERFORMANCE

Edited by javierku

Guest argentinos

Is this rom rooted?

if not how can i do this?

one more question what are the different keys for

volume up

volume down

phone

power

cube

camera

and the other keys

Thanks for your answers in advance.

which ROM ? cm6new or the test ROM ? cm6new is rooted. i think that test ROM is rooted too, but i haven't done all the tests on it.

lastest versions of cm6new are fully tested and for every day use

test ROM is still under test and so not for every day use until fix it's bugs

volume up the same key

volume down the same key

phone the same key

power the screen lock key

cube the same key

camera not working

end call the same key

above camera key menu options key

please notice this tread is about ADNROID for i8000, so we do not have/use the phrase "cube"

Guest Antoxa1998

That is mean i lost 30 points for SD card and 30 points of CPU integer.

But my rom without additional scripts and i use CPU on 667 instead of 800.

Guest Antoxa1998

latest  i got 1092 CPU - performance and 666 MHg frequency.

I lost 10 points on RAM and 30 points on SD write. Shoul be 1132.

Kernel: ipaq3870@modaco#950.

Used Omlaxy MinLroid-02-2,2,3 OFFICIAL 1 ROM.

Edited by Antoxa1998

Guest argentinos

this is a very good step Antoxa1998. but i tried MinLroid-02-2,2,3 OFFICIAL 1 ROM and was not that much speedy. i also tried ipaq's kernel and some functions were not working. you did any modifications to your ROM ? can you run some test and check radio, wifi, bluetooth, camera, video record, 3g data, voice call if all working on you ?

we need to know which ROM to get as a basis and try to boost it even more. so if your ROM gets the best score, probably is the best basis for improvement.

waiting for you answer

Guest Antoxa1998

That ROM i tested and used for long time.

Wi-Fi, radio (voice call), bluetooth, 3G, camera and video(can start from hard button) - all working fine. Buttery performance is very good (i use JJ1 radio module).

Some bugs - i cannot run FM radio (it absent from basic), time setting working incorrect way.

I replaced dpram.so libertasspi.so and add some lines for build.prop.

Latest two tests gave me 1100 and 1108 points with ipaq3870 kernel on 666 MGz, CPU-performance.

Long time ago i made some modification for init.rc and buid.prop files in orger to run ODEX and Angry Birds speed was same as original, but almost forget how to do that!

Left a link for AngryBirds short video, file 19072012009.zip.

Guest Antoxa1998

That ROM i tested and used for long time.

Wi-Fi, radio (voice call), bluetooth, 3G, camera and video(can start from hard button) - all working fine. Buttery performance is very good (i use JJ1 radio module).

Some bugs - i cannot run FM radio (it absent from basic), time setting working incorrect way.

I replaced dpram.so libertasspi.so and add some lines for build.prop.

Latest two tests gave me 1100 and 1108 points with ipaq3870 kernel on 666 MGz, CPU-performance.

Long time ago i made some modification for init.rc and buid.prop files in orger to run ODEX and Angry Birds speed was same as original, but almost forget how to do that!

Left a link for AngryBirds short video, file 19072012009.zip registration required.

Edited by Antoxa1998

Guest argentinos

i agree that 1108 antutu score is the best i ever imagined for i8000. record till now. i tested this ROM before, but i couldn't lock satelites, also couldn't get fm radio stations and this is the reason i started experimented with other cm6 ROMS and kukafei kernel.

can you please make an image of your ROM using the tool and procedure provided with cm6new ROMS, then add your zImage and startup file, afterwards zip all of them and upload so the community here try to do more improvement to the great performance ROM you mention ? if will benefit you and all of us

p.s. we want the ROM achieved 1108 score. with or without mods. of course remember to erase any personal data (accounts, contacts etc)

Edited by argentinos

Guest Antoxa1998

i will, soon.

I prepare a ROM also adopted for Kexec with using ipaq3870 kernels (reboot from Android to Android without booting to WM).

• 1 month later...
Guest argentinos

while Antoxa1998 is working on kexec ROM, i am working on improving a kernel for our ROM. the fastest kernel until now is ipaq's kernel. anyone wants can help and contribute to this project. no need to be a programmer or even know the simplest thing for linux. just a few short lessons and then, read, compare, copy, paste, edit, delete.

even a few minutes of your free time is very valuable to this project. a project that may open our horizon for better gingerbread or even ics (dream) on our phone.

Guest j0r0p0

I installed the latest version rom (CM6NEW ROM), and gives me error when placing portable wifi area.
Can someone help me with this?
Thank you.