SAMSUNG I8000 (OMNIA2) ANDROID CM6NEW ROM V1

Guest argentinos

Guest cakabey27

Thanks for rom, it beatifull but not working gsm still. (country:Turkey gsm network: avea)

Dont find any gsm network.

Thanks again.

Edited by cakabey27

Guest argentinos

Thanks for rom, it beatifull but not working gsm still. (country:Turkey gsm network: avea)

Dont find any gsm network.

Thanks again.

you tried version 3 and still not working ? you tried installation as i mention on sd card and followed all the installation info ? please try to install again. i will try to publish another version soon. also give me some info about your device and if you do anything different the way i describe.

p.s. also try to reboot phone after installation and activate/deactivate airplane mode

Guest cakabey27

Than

you tried version 3 and still not working ? you tried installation as i mention on sd card and followed all the installation info ? please try to install again. i will try to publish another version soon. also give me some info about your device and if you do anything different the way i describe.

p.s. also try to reboot phone after installation and activate/deactivate airplane mode

Thanks for reply. I tried all but not working still.

Guest xheretic

Version 3 runs really smooth for now...this give to my Omnia 2 a new life ;)

Only one question... did You TRANSFER data from WM to Android and eventually how ?!?

I think call logs, contacts, sms, calendar etc...

THX!

Guest argentinos

Version 3 runs really smooth for now...this give to my Omnia 2 a new life ;)

Only one question... did You TRANSFER data from WM to Android and eventually how ?!?

I think call logs, contacts, sms, calendar etc...

THX!

use msoulook or outlook express if you are using windows operating system

• first when running wm backup your contacts, calendar etc to outlook
  • after you can download a program like this http://www.wondershare.com/android-manager/
  • boot android, connect it to your pc usb. run wondershare android manager and restore your contacts etc to your android

alternatively you can follow this guide

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=734044

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Baha11

Hey there, thanks for the new ROM! It's working pretty smoothly, although I have a few problems:

1) My computer doesn't see the phone when I turn on bluetooth on it (and I made sure it was discoverable).

2) When I connect it via usb cable to the computer it doesn't see the hardware so I can't do any kind of file transfer. Tried it both on windows 7 and ubuntu with no result.

3) I could never get my camera to work on any android version. I've read somewhere that it's most likely a hardware problem, something to do with my production series? i don't know. Anyway, when I try to access it via the hardware button it just bricks and when I try to enter one of the camera applications I get:"The application Camera (process com.miui.camera) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."

So, I just wanted to ask you is there a fix?

Guest nikkotsoi

Hey there, thanks for the new ROM! It's working pretty smoothly, although I have a few problems:

1) My computer doesn't see the phone when I turn on bluetooth on it (and I made sure it was discoverable).

2) When I connect it via usb cable to the computer it doesn't see the hardware so I can't do any kind of file transfer. Tried it both on windows 7 and ubuntu with no result.

3) I could never get my camera to work on any android version. I've read somewhere that it's most likely a hardware problem, something to do with my production series? i don't know. Anyway, when I try to access it via the hardware button it just bricks and when I try to enter one of the camera applications I get:"The application Camera (process com.miui.camera) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."

So, I just wanted to ask you is there a fix?

2. set usb mode as mass storage and SD card in WM or Activesync mode

plug in the usb before you start haret.exe to run android

U should get ur usb working

3. Seems there is no solution yet

have u try the cmb2 official one ?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest prasanth1947

Hi There,

Its nice and pretty well. great efforts.

I have couple of concerns:

1) Battery Life seems very very poor, I have not tweaked anything, please advice the settings. All of sudden got switched off from 40%.

2) How to clear the Chinese Kanjis on the display(home page) and even in another places. is there possibilities for it?

3) And Phone booting is very very slow.

BTW, its really good to see my Omnia with new life.

Thanks

Prasanth

Edited by prasanth1947

Guest argentinos

Hi There,

Its nice and pretty well. great efforts.

I have couple of concerns:

1) Battery Life seems very very poor, I have not tweaked anything, please advice the settings. All of sudden got switched off from 40%.

2) How to clear the Chinese Kanjis on the display(home page) and even in another places. is there possibilities for it?

3) And Phone booting is very very slow.

BTW, its really good to see my Omnia with new life.

Thanks

Prasanth

1) battery life is very good on my phone. if you expected to last as much as on wm you will never see it on any android phone. You have the original or 3rd party battery. try original and you will see normal values. if have 3rd party battery meter is not accurate.

2) chenese on lockscreen can be changed through settings menu. other chinese programs must be deactivated-uninstalled. it is on my plans for version4

3) yes the phone is booting slow. you can use the original kernel if you want from http://o2droid.phj.hu/index_en.php if you want faster booting, but it will make your phone 10% slower

you can also try android version from here

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2342764

Guest prasanth1947

Thank you for the update argentino

After you specified, I have tried with other ROM too, its speedy but colors, lock screen and incall screen are not to my liking, I am not sure whether I can change them anywhere. so I am back to your ROM and using it, so far no worries.And Batter is also fine,If I am not using the data connection.This is my first Android usage.

Thanks for your instructions to clear custom message, dont mind , I dont know Chinese.

I am eagerly waiting for your next release as specified.

Thanks

Prasanth

Guest argentinos

as I promised long ago i publish

SAMSUNG I8000 (OMNIA2) ANDROID CM6NEW ROM Version 4

- Support even more SIM

- Speed ​​improvement - response

- Corrected some errors

- Upgrading of most programs

- Show ics (ice cream sandwich - android 4.0.X)

- Arrangements for energy savings

The new enhancements took me some time and study. I8000 reaches its limits due to its old drivers that are already written for mobile identical hardware with it.

Hope you like it and I expect opinions and suggestions to version 5 if there will be any further developments. Otherwise I will try to assist in the plan for android 2.3 on our mobile.

Explanation photo below

1 = home screen (the background is black on purpose because the amoled screen thus consumes less energy. If you want to change select another background with as many black dots. Black and not just dark color.)

2 = dialer with ics theme, search function names and support many languagesk. Make it default dialer if you like it

3 = new android ics Task Manager (task manager). Appear with long press of home button. If you do not like replace it with the Advanced Task Manager or ICS Task Manager / Switcher. To open them again by long pressing the central button select Settings / Cyanogenmod Settings / Input / Long-press home settings / select custom application

4 = ics camera

5 = menu ics (holo launcher)

6 = ics settings

For those who want even more contemporary look can choose Active lockscreen or Holo Locker

1.bmp

2.bmp

3.bmp

4.bmp

5.bmp

6.bmp

Guest mairu

thanks for your work i wonder that somebody works in this phone thanks again sorry for my english im spanish guy

Image for Windows Error - The image file requieres an update of this program.

me too help please

Edited by mairu

Guest argentinos

Image for Windows Error - The image file requieres an update of this program :wacko:

you are sure you red the installation instruction no9 on post no1 of this thread ?

read and execute carefully before post or try to install. if on native android phone it could cost you your device in the future

Guest mairu

you are sure you red the installation instruction no9 on post no1 of this thread ?

read and execute carefully before post or try to install. if on native android phone it could cost you your device in the future

yes i change to 8/9/2011 in the computer but the error is the same i install the 3 version with no problems but the new report the error

well i install your new rom with the last version of image recover for windows i think that the problem is the version incluided in the install tools

checking the new rom thanks a lot

Edited by mairu

Guest chonazo

I have the same problem with the Image file, asking for an updated version of Image for Windows. Think I've tried everything, using the included version, and 2.78 registered, adjusting the date and not adjusting the date. Awaiting suggestions!

Thanks for the efforts, argentinos.

Guest argentinos

Aqui les dejo Image For Windows x64, yo lo he instalado sin problema.

until i fix it and upload a new version please use Image For Windows from version 1, 2 or 3 that reported to be working properly