G510 vs Y300 screen (TFT vs IPS)

Guest KelDG

Guest KelDG

Hi all

I am looking to buy one of these two phones, I have a G300 and I love the screen (IPS), how does the TFT screen on the G510 compare to an IPS screen?

Is there much or any difference, I cannot seem to find any comparisons on these particular phones.

Thanks All

Hi all

I am looking to buy one of these two phones, I have a G300 and I love the screen (IPS), how does the TFT screen on the G510 compare to an IPS screen?

Is there much or any difference, I cannot seem to find any comparisons on these particular phones.

Thanks All

According to GSMArena they both have an IPS screen: http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=4594&idPhone2=5250. There is also a thread on this forum which compares the two phones:

http://www.modaco.com/topic/362145-g510-vs-g300/

Guest KelDG

According to GSMArena they both have an IPS screen: http://www.gsmarena....4&idPhone2=5250. There is also a thread on this forum which compares the two phones:

http://www.modaco.com/topic/362145-g510-vs-g300/

Sold on the G510 then, I think I will take the website that told me it is a TFT off my favourites list then. Thanks for the link to the thread it was really helpful.

Kel.

Guest KenBW2

The two phones definitely have different screens. The G510 one is brighter and colours (and whites) are crisper. Most noticable when you're in bright sunlight, otherwise it's generally fine

Took a few pictures:

KLWsckb.jpg

A0FvDrj.jpg

sUJCeTY.jpg

Edited by KenBW2

Guest KelDG

The two phones definitely have different screens. The G510 one is brighter and colours (and whites) are crisper. Most noticable when you're in bright sunlight, otherwise it's generally fine

Thanks for taking the time to take some pictures. After I put that last post up I shot out and bought it (it was frustrating as vodafone had no live model to test first), once it was up and running I was not disappointed. The screen is better than my old G300, in my eyes anyway, especially in the sun.

Its weird, there are a couple of places saying this is a TFT screen, but its definitely an IPS as it has a cracking viewing angle. I'm also loving the extra 1/2 inch on the screen. :)

Guest PCTechRoss

Took a few pictures:

No rush but it would be nice to see a full comparison of these phones.

Guest Pierreism

I've seen some YouTube videos and reviews where there's a blue tint to the screen, but mine is noticeably yellowy. The blue performance is actually kind of muted compared to everything else (the google, facebook, skype and twitter icons look a little dull). Viewing angles are great to my eyes. It's just a little washed out in general and not very usable at all in direct sunlight. But you're still getting more than what you're paying for.

Everyone in the UK should buy it quick while they're still bundling in 1920mAh batteries instead of the advertised 1750mAh. They're gonna realise their mistake soon enough!

post-797633-0-33794200-1371237720_thumb.

post-797633-0-41162900-1371237751_thumb.

post-797633-0-82701600-1371237769_thumb.

post-797633-0-64097700-1371238047_thumb.

Guest KenBW2

No rush but it would be nice to see a full comparison of these phones.

Yea I was actually thinking of putting up a full review once I've had a week or two with the Y300

In the mean time, any questions let me know :)

Edited by KenBW2

Guest xondrax

@Pierreism its not a mistake-european version of Y300 has 1920mAh battery officialy.Y300 selled in Czech Rep have the same battery...Only mistake is in the advertisment...

Guest ZolaIII

Mistake is in advertisement & problem is that the people that are not qualified or have ever seen this phone write reviews about it!

Ken if you need help about review & comparation of G510 & Y300 i em redy to help you so pm me.

P's it would be good to add clones to the comparation list tu!

Guest xondrax

Sometimes they got for reviews phones from pre-production series with beta FW and with strange batteries,without headphones,so its easy to wrote something weird if we have regular production.And next problem is that producer sometimes posted wrong info on their websites(Huawei for example had on their website info about Y300 dualcore 1,2ghz for longtime),and everybody just copy&paste without correction

Guest ZolaIII

Sometimes they got for reviews phones from pre-production series with beta FW and with strange batteries,without headphones,so its easy to wrote something weird if we have regular production.And next problem is that producer sometimes posted wrong info on their websites(Huawei for example had on their website info about Y300 dualcore 1,2ghz for longtime),and everybody just copy&paste without correction

They mostly use phone arena like a source & there's a lot of incorrect information's out there!

This is why i really think that we need a good review & in depth specification! Even the qualicomm didn't published detailed soc specifications!

Guest PCTechRoss

Yea I was actually thinking of putting up a full review once I've had a week or two with the Y300

In the mean time, any questions let me know :)

Hi

What do you think of the G510, does it lag? Do you get random freezes? would I be able to listen to music and go on Facebook at the same time?

Thanks

Ross

Guest Andymac1969

Hi

What do you think of the G510, does it lag? Do you get random freezes? would I be able to listen to music and go on Facebook at the same time?

Thanks

Ross

I think it is fantastic, battery life is awesome, I have the boot loader unlocked, rooted and put TouchMe ROM on and it does not lag, stutter or slow down at all. I have Nova as the launcher and would highly recommend it.

Guest Andymac1969

Hi

Thanks

Ross

Just noticed you have a G300, this makes mincemeat of it, I loved my G300, I really love the G510

Guest PCTechRoss

Just noticed you have a G300, this makes mincemeat of it, I loved my G300, I really love the G510

Thanks for the info, my laggyness of the G300 is killing me & I don't have loads to spend on a new phone at the moment so this seems like a good choice + I like large screens

Do you find the 512MB ram an issue, I'm not sure whether it's the slow cpu or ram that makes the g300 suffer more

Guest Andymac1969

Thanks for the info, my laggyness of the G300 is killing me & I don't have loads to spend on a new phone at the moment so this seems like a good choice + I like large screens

Do you find the 512MB ram an issue, I'm not sure whether it's the slow cpu or ram that makes the g300 suffer more

I don't find the RAM an issue, but I am not a gamer, I watch Videos, Sat Nav, Web browsing etc etc It is a hell of a size phone, and its great at the a fore mentioned tasks.

I think with the G300 it was just pushed to far, this is made for its software and so has no problems running it

Guest PCTechRoss

I don't find the RAM an issue, but I am not a gamer, I watch Videos, Sat Nav, Web browsing etc etc It is a hell of a size phone, and its great at the a fore mentioned tasks.

I think with the G300 it was just pushed to far, this is made for its software and so has no problems running it

That sounds good. I agree with the G300 it never should of got ICS. My main concern with the G510 is if I will be able to listen to music and text or go on facebook at the same time with out it slowing down badly like the g300 does.

Guest Andymac1969

That sounds good. I agree with the G300 it never should of got ICS. My main concern with the G510 is if I will be able to listen to music and text or go on facebook at the same time with out it slowing down badly like the g300 does.

I don't use Facebook or Twitter, but if it bares comparison in performance terms, it just quite happily played music whilst running CoPilot navigation with no issues

Guest PCTechRoss

I don't use Facebook or Twitter, but if it bares comparison in performance terms, it just quite happily played music whilst running CoPilot navigation with no issues

Alright, thank you very much for the feedback :)

Guest KenBW2

Alright, thank you very much for the feedback :)

Would like to echo everything AndyMac has said. The only one I'd mention is the RAM - I have *on occasion* when doing very RAM-intensive things had my music player killed. It's rare but it's happened. Aside from that it's fine. The fast CPU more than makes up for the apps being killed when not in use.

For the record, all the same is true of the Y300, just obviously the slightly smaller screen

Guest PCTechRoss

Would like to echo everything AndyMac has said. The only one I'd mention is the RAM - I have *on occasion* when doing very RAM-intensive things had my music player killed. It's rare but it's happened. Aside from that it's fine. The fast CPU more than makes up for the apps being killed when not in use.

For the record, all the same is true of the Y300, just obviously the slightly smaller screen

Thanks for your information on the phone. I have ordered one today for £110, looking forward to getting it.