Dead G300

Guest ChrisPNE

Guest ChrisPNE

Tonight my phone was on charge and was fully charged. When I unplugged my phone from the charger the notification LED stayed on but the screen refused to turn on. After many attempts to turn the phone on it still refused so I pulled the battery, replaced and attempted to turn on - nothing.

I have tried reconnecting the charger, nothing. Removing the battery and plugging the charger in, nothing.

Finally I connected my phone to my laptop using the USB cable and the computer chirped, attempted to install drivers and failed. The phone was shown as an 'unknown device'.

Is my G300 dead? Is there anything I can do to save it?

Any help will be much appreciated as I'm all out of ideas.

Guest CoSmEeN

See my topic. It sound just like it.

I used the phone, left it with charger plugged in, I've found it turned off and i could not make it turn on no mather what i tried. I sent it to warranty (hope they won't find out that the phone was rooted and with custom rom :D) http://www.modaco.com/topic/362997-phone-wont-start-up/

I'm still waiting to get my phone back.

Guest ChrisPNE

See my topic. It sound just like it.

I used the phone, left it with charger plugged in, I've found it turned off and i could not make it turn on no mather what i tried. I sent it to warranty (hope they won't find out that the phone was rooted and with custom rom :D) http://www.modaco.co...-wont-start-up/

I'm still waiting to get my phone back.

Thanks for your reply.

Reading around it seems to be a common problem. I've only had the phone for 10 months so I'm going to return it to the retailer.

Wish me luck!

Guest Rico_89

Yes let us know :)

Also I've heard that Huawei's warranty lasts 2 years. I haven't checked that myself but hopefully that's true and they will honour it.

Guest CoSmEeN

When i bought the phone, the guy from vodafone told me i have 2 years warranty. But that's here in Romania, i don't know about UK.

Edited by CoSmEeN

Guest akarana

Looks like there's been a few lately died - while left on the charger.

I confess I've never used the charger that came in the box with my G300.

I know it's got the Huawei name on it, but I've seen too many little chinese

chargers spit blue lights, or green smoke ... Just sayin'

Guest ezdub

Had the same problem.

10 month old phone got it back this morning from vodafone repair seems the main printed circuit board was faulty.

My phone was rooted before so there was no issue on the repair with that.

Phone has come back with stock rom installed and phone wiped.

Warranty is 24 months from vodafone UK though not sure on the repair if it starts new or from purchase date of phone waiting for vodafone to reply to email on that one.

Guest CoSmEeN

Had the same problem.

10 month old phone got it back this morning from vodafone repair seems the main printed circuit board was faulty.

My phone was rooted before so there was no issue on the repair with that.

Phone has come back with stock rom installed and phone wiped.

Warranty is 24 months from vodafone UK though not sure on the repair if it starts new or from purchase date of phone waiting for vodafone to reply to email on that one.

I have the same problem with my g300.

2 weeks ago i found it dead and sent it to service the same day. They just told me yesterday that the mainboard needs to be changed.

Did they found out your phone was rooted and there was no problem with the warranty or they didn't found out? I'm asking because my phone was rooted also and I'm a bit nervous about this. :unsure:

Guest ezdub

I have the same problem with my g300.

2 weeks ago i found it dead and sent it to service the same day. They just told me yesterday that the mainboard needs to be changed.

Did they found out your phone was rooted and there was no problem with the warranty or they didn't found out? I'm asking because my phone was rooted also and I'm a bit nervous about this. :unsure:

Suprised taken 2 weeks mine was back in 4 working day's but that was going into the vodafone store and them sending it off.

I sent it off rooted there was no mention about it at all.

I think they test the board replace it then just do a fresh install, I would not worry about it being rooted.

I would say we both have the same fault.

You should also get a new serial number and IMEI number as well as I founf out today when doing stuff.

Edited by ezdub

Guest CoSmEeN

It could be the same fault. You said your phone was 10 months old. Mine was 8 months old when this happened. I heard someone say that if the phone is less than 6 months old you can ask directly for a new one because it is considered that the problem was there all along. Is that true?

Guest ezdub

It could be the same fault. You said your phone was 10 months old. Mine was 8 months old when this happened. I heard someone say that if the phone is less than 6 months old you can ask directly for a new one because it is considered that the problem was there all along. Is that true?

Not sure on the 6 months rule with vodafone though as it comes with a 24 month warranty then any fixes should be done. Though with vodafone they do say they will give a referbed model if it can not be repaired so I suppose you could argue if it failed in a shorter period.

I have only ever had new replacements on higher end products that should have an exceptable life. I had a TV that was 3 years old and got that replaced for a brand new model as it was deemed it should have had a longer life for what I paid for it.

Though I had to go via the small claims court on that one but it was worth it in the end and did not cost me anything in the end and the process was very easy to do and most comapanies can not be bothered going to the court and offer no defence so you normally win, well that has been my case in the past.

Guest CoSmEeN

Congrats on that one xD.

Anyway, you said that after the mainboard replacement you got your phone with stock rom. What rom? GB or ICS?

Guest ezdub

Congrats on that one xD.

Anyway, you said that after the mainboard replacement you got your phone with stock rom. What rom? GB or ICS?

GB 4.0.3

Guest professorx

Mine also died after 10 months! Not impressed. What chances are there that the new board is any different and not just an exact replacement?? Hopefully it'll come back with ICS which I had updated to, and not GB.

Edited by professorx

Guest CoSmEeN

Good luck mate. I got lucky and they gave me a brand new g300 'cuz they didn't managed to finish the repair in the 15 workdays limit thst's specified on the warranty :D.

And this one came with B892 GB.

Edited by CoSmEeN

Guest ChrisPNE

Well I received my G300 back today, along with a letter advising the motherboard has been replaced.

I can tell it is the same phone as there is a tiny surface scratch in the bezel however other than that the phone is still in mint condition.

It's taken 6 working days from posting it to the repair centre to receiving it back so I'm quite impressed.

Edited by ChrisPNE