Lewa OS 4.1.2 ROM

Guest leetron1

Guest leetron1

Posted over at HTC Mania & German site Android Hilfe...a pleasant wee ROM...seems a pretty small RAM footprint far as I can tell...running as a daily driver on my Y300.

lewaq.jpg

http://www.htcmania....ad.php?t=625670 and here for downloads: http://www.mediafire.../?00nn01girip80

**Much credit to the talented fellas over at HTC Mania...peporras et al**

Edited by leetron1

Guest leetron1

Hello

How is it?

Thanks

Got the phone last Thursday...unlocked bootloader saturday and been trying bout half dozen roms...this is the best of the bunch for me at least...love the little design touches and swipe up/down for apps/not. bar.

Can definitely recommend it but love to hear what folks think.

I'm by no means a dev, just passing on some links btw!

Currently on V4...

Edited by leetron1

Guest KenBW2

been trying bout half dozen roms...this is the best of the bunch for me at least...

I'm after a vanilla AOSP ROM, can you recommend any that are further in that direction?

Guest leetron1

I'm after a vanilla AOSP ROM, can you recommend any that are further in that direction?

hi ken...not really much of an expert...just know what i like and this rom is peachy..can only recommend either htc mania or android hilfe and google translate (unless you're a polyglot!!) for a play around :D

Guest KenBW2

hi ken...not really much of an expert...just know what i like and this rom is peachy..can only recommend either htc mania or android hilfe and google translate (unless you're a polyglot!!) for a play around :D

Thanks, I'll do that! Considering I had to google the word "polyglot", I'll definitely be making use of the (really impressive) Google Translate!

Don't suppose you've been insane and tried some G510 ROMs on your Y300 have you?

Guest leetron1

Thanks, I'll do that! Considering I had to google the word "polyglot", I'll definitely be making use of the (really impressive) Google Translate!

Don't suppose you've been insane and tried some G510 ROMs on your Y300 have you?

thought they were cross compatible...not had any probs so far

Edited by leetron1

Guest radu_sergiu

I like it !!! At first impression it is totally diferrent with the others custom ROMs. If ram and battery will be on I think I will stay with this one. Thanks leetron!!!

Guest KenBW2

thought they were cross compatible...not had any probs so far

As I understand it they need a couple of tweaks to do with the build.prop and something else. But if they work then I'll happily be proven wrong!

Guest radu_sergiu

I have g510 0100 and it is perfect. I am trying to discover some bugs. Actually the rom is not able to see contacts from sim, but you can import them in phone, so I do not consider this as a bug. Till now I am very happy with this one. I am waiting for your comments. I am wondering how is it the camera video? Maybe 720p? We will see...

Edited by radu_sergiu

Guest ZolaIII

They work bat if the rom is built (property's) for Y300 it will display Y300 as a model identification & vice versa... The screen dpi resolution is slightly different to!

Guest leetron1

think most things work save for tethering afaik...battery seems stella too very impressed all round...am gonna stick with the lewa for a bit!

Guest ZolaIII

& we have new clone the phone that this firmware originated from is based on msm8625 soc (only difference is more capable modem), otherwise it's a clone of G510 & it's 4.1.2!

Huawei is really making confusion with this clone war's & firmware marking...

Edited by ZolaIII

Guest ZolaIII

Test other forms of hardware (gpu) acceleration! The GPU is the same so it shouldn't have problems with mx. VLC is not using it still! Mx should switch to software automatically... Did you used the hardware+ decoder?

Guest radu_sergiu

Yes, I did. Crash. But, it does not matter. I will use vlc. On the other hand, battery management seems to be better ( maybe it is just a placebo in my mind...) .

Edited by radu_sergiu

Guest KenBW2

They work bat if the rom is built (property's) for Y300 it will display Y300 as a model identification & vice versa... The screen dpi resolution is slightly different to!

The identification I'd guess is just that it'll see the G510's apps on Play - which shouldn't be an issue

Fixing the DPI is just a build.prop edit away :)

Guest radu_sergiu

I uninstalled all security applications and cell broadcast (name of the gsm cell) . They also crashed the system. Till now it is working relatively properly.

Edited by radu_sergiu

Guest xondrax

Fixing the DPI is just a build.prop edit away :)

Its possible to change DPI?What does it mean? It cannot be changed 854x480 resolution,can be?Or its something different that its on my mind?

Guest KenBW2

Its possible to change DPI?What does it mean? It cannot be changed 854x480 resolution,can be?Or its something different that its on my mind?

You can change what I understand to be the density of the amount of pixels Android draws on the screen. something like it'll draw 100 software pixels for each 80 hardware pixels. If anyone is able to say this in a more coherent way it'd probably help

Guest Glicerck

The battery life is more or less like the others stock roms, a little more i would say..

Thats my best mark, with a massive basic use, using whatsapp, twitter, youtube and tapatalk..

post-996344-13712218793151_thumb.jpg

post-996344-13712219092939_thumb.jpg

Edited by Glicerck

Guest Phrank

Installed this yesterday. First impressions: Very nice. Slick, fast and well-built.

Found a couple of probs today though, I'll be interested to see if anyone else hits the same ones. Checking in on both Facebook and Foursquare force closes the app in question, even when GPS is enabled. GPS works though, as Google Maps and Local are both fine. Anyone else had this problem?

The system camera app seems to have no setting to switch on GPS tagging for photos. I could have missed it, can anyone else see if they can find it? Using a 3rd party app (Camera Zoom FX Pro) works fine, and photos are geotagged as normal.

Apart from that, I'm liking this a lot. It feels *way* faster and lighter on memory than stock. Also hasn't crashed once on me. It's only the odd app issue so far.

Guest Phrank

Just noticed V5 is up...not too sure of the changes...something to do with removing Chinese characters from the lockscreen.

Cheers, I'll check that out now :)

Guest leetron1

Cheers, I'll check that out now :)

hi there...think the chap who is deving this ROM has messed about with root...seems he has switched to the security centre app to administer root permissions entailing about 5 taps to confirm permission for each app!! I just downloaded superuser from the store which seems to have over ridden it...