This is my first custom ROM on this phone (y300-0100) I used v1.4 for one day and then moved over to v1.5. Here is my take so far.
1) Transparent statusbar. Makes the screen look bigger.
3) Call recording works perfect, not via Kernel but through Standard API. Excellent quality.
4) Excellent ROM for everyday use.
1) Network bar drops to nothing, but still able to make calls, it might be false readings.
2) Really annoying Perm Manager prompts. I think I have been able to remove this with the aid of Titanium Backup. I think there are 2 apps that you have to uninstall, Safe something and Permission Manager, both were preloaded.
3) Annoying Network name on the top of the Notifications, as it obscures the date and time, when the network name is too big. If someone knows how to remove this then please let me know, as it looks very untidy.
4) Slightly annoying Chinese looking characters on the incoming calls. If someone knows how to remove this then please let me know.
5) No Super User, but easily installed via recovery. EDIT: Thanks evo92 for the solution, but the inbuilt one is no good, too many prompts.
6) This problem seems to be temperamental where holding down the power button gives no options. The options only show up when the screen is locked, not a big issue.
7) Having had a Titanium backup, from v1.4, restoration would keep getting stuck with v1.5 ROM, not sure why as it has never happened with other devices. Luckily I had made a backup of v1.4, via Recovery, and subsequently I was able to restore all the data.
8) Unable to change the wallpaper for the lockscreen, if somebody has a solution then please let me know. EDIT: Thank you evo92 for the solution. There is a pre-installed app called THEMES to handle this.
9) No battery percentage option. EDIT: Thanks evo92, option for this is in all settings-display.
10) Quickpic does not work when you do multi select.
Some issues with Recovery, nothing to do with the ROM. Basically if the screen goes off, while in Recovery, it does not come back on, even though all the keys/buttons respond. Pulling the battery is the only solution. The Recovery I installed is Lewa TWRP Recovery 2.2 as TWRP v2.5 & 2.4 would give a complete unresponsive screen while in Recovery mode.
Edited by maniv, 10 July 2013 - 04:16 AM.