Downgrade JB to ICS on Huawei Ascend G510?

Guest SuperSaiyan

Guest SuperSaiyan

I received this phone only a few hours ago and I'm already at the brink of suicide over it, LOL.

The phone freezes constantly to the point that I need to remove the battery.

Is is possible to downgrade the firmware from JB to ICS?

Would a lighter ROM stop the phone from freezing?

I received this phone only a few hours ago and I'm already at the brink of suicide over it, LOL.

The phone freezes constantly to the point that I need to remove the battery.

Is is possible to downgrade the firmware from JB to ICS?

Would a lighter ROM stop the phone from freezing?

It sounds like you have a hardware fault. If the phone is new, and from Vodafone, then I suggest you return it to your local VF shop under warranty. Irrespective downgrading to GB should not be an option.

Guest SuperSaiyan

It sounds like you have a hardware fault. If the phone is new, and from Vodafone, then I suggest you return it to your local VF shop under warranty. Irrespective downgrading to GB should not be an option.

My brother bought the same phone weeks ago with the same problems, so I don't think the freezing is unique to my phone.

It's probably freezes over all the bloatware.

Edited by SuperSaiyan

My brother bought the same phone weeks ago with the same problems, so I don't think the freezing is unique to my phone.

I haven't heard of anyone else with phones freezing. Are the phone new / from Vodafone?

Guest SuperSaiyan

I haven't heard of anyone else with phones freezing. Are the phone new / from Vodafone?

Yes, both brand new phones, and from Vodafone.

Yes, both brand new phones, and from Vodafone.

I should take them back to your local Vodafone shop and ask them to check them out. Edited by Guest

Guest SuperSaiyan

I should take them back to your local Vodafone shop and ask them to check them out.

I'll root them and kill the bloat and see how that goes.

My brother's phone didn't freeze as much after he installed Lightning Launcher, so I think I can solve this if I just tinker around a bit.

Guest ZolaIII

I had the freezing problem first 3-4 days & then it stopped... It looks like to me that they didn't properly odexed (compressed) firmware! Naw phone is rock solid stable!

Guest Voxpop2011

I'll root them and kill the bloat and see how that goes.

My brother's phone didn't freeze as much after he installed Lightning Launcher, so I think I can solve this if I just tinker around a bit.

Don't root the phone, there IS a problem. Take it back to the shop and either get your money back or a new phone.

I bought my phone in April and it has now gone back to Vodafone for repair because it became stuck on the Huawei logo after a factory reset to try and address the constant restarts.

Guest ZolaIII

It's theoretically posable to install roms for G300 to Y300 & G510 because socs are backwards compatible & the rest of hardware is pretty much the same.

The dynamic memory management in jelly been can case freezing problem until it's self adapted to ecosystem! If you're problem prevails bi all means go to the service! This problem is more visible on big apps that consume much ram like Crome + large not optimized Web page or game with not optimized memory usage!

For the ilustation of this download this game & play 2-3 levels:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.avenger

This is relatively simple 2D game that is not hardware demanding bat after some time of playing (10-15 minutes) you will notice that game is slowing down & ultimately cracks.

All of this & related issues cud be resolved only by swap partition! The better system memory management cud temporarily only help this happens less times! When you spend free ram & processes that can be killed are killed there is no more! Considering that apps are growing in size and that HTML5 rich Web pages are huge the only solution is swap partition of let's say 2 gb!

Guest SuperSaiyan

**UPDATE**

I think I may have solved the problem.

I downgraded the firmware from B171 to B170, installed and ran all the big apps I could find to see if I could replicate the problem, and it didn't freeze at all.

I haven't even uninstalled and/or disabled the Vodajunk or apps I don't use, yet.

This phone is finally usable and I didn't even need to root it!

Looks like there might be a problem with B171, not the phone.

Guest Voxpop2011

It was never going to be a hardware problem, unless you were unable to physically turn the phone off or on.

In my opinion, it's high time that regulators looked into 'bloatware' and allow consumers to remove, without rooting, any application that is not necessary to the proper operation of the device.