[ROM][Skate] OmegaMod - CM7 Based - 2.3.7 - 2013/06/13

Guest omegavesko

Guest omegavesko

OmegaMod

Download: http://www.androidfi...979706399756331
240DPI Gapps (courtesy of H3ROS): http://www.mediafire.com/download/fw1b3424vfclcc0/240DPI.zip

OmegaMod is a simple modification of C3C0's final CM7 build. I haven't compiled anything from source, all I've done is add (and remove) apps and change some build.prop values. All the apps in this ROM are available for free either via the Play Store or via F-Droid.

To be honest, this is more just something I made for myself and decided to release so more people could use it if they wanted to. Don't expect stellar support, but I'll help where I can.

Features:

• DPI set to 200 by default (everything is a bit smaller, so you can fit more stuff on the screen)
  • Boot animation changed to neat BIOS/POST boot animation (credit to frysee at XDA, screenshot below)
  • Uses GingerBlurB theme by default (credit to kevin2516 at XDA)
  • CM ADW launcher removed, replaced by newest free ADW Launcher from Play Store.
  • CM locker replaced by Holo Locker, though it's very easy to go back by turning Holo Locker off from within the app itself.
  • CM LatinIME replaced by ported ICS LatinIME from Play Store.
  • Gallery3D removed, replaced by QuickPic.
  • Removed CM calculator.apk, replaced by RealCalc from Play Store.

Other included apps:

• simple2ext (S2E)
  • SetDNS
  • Shuttle music player
  • Alarm Clock Xtreme
  • AdAway (not available on Play Store, used APK from F-Droid)
  • Opera Mini
  • Freespace
  • My Data Manager
  • Sim Card Info
  • Zxing Barcode Scanner
  • Speedtest.net app

Note, I've got the Minimal UI icon pack installed in the following screenshots. It's paid, so it doesn't come with the ROM.

post-972084-0-75568500-1371155566_thumb.

post-972084-0-20998300-1371155569_thumb.

post-972084-0-29953100-1371155571_thumb.

post-972084-0-70086700-1371155572_thumb.

post-972084-0-70091700-1371155573_thumb.

post-972084-0-04406600-1371155576_thumb.

post-972084-0-65062400-1371155579_thumb.

post-972084-0-60224700-1371155581_thumb.

post-972084-0-70223700-1371155582_thumb.

post-972084-0-22364900-1371155584_thumb.

post-972084-0-04078500-1371155593_thumb.

Edited by omegavesko

Guest omegavesko

Nice to see somebody filling this gap on Skate's ROM scene :)

Good job, mate!

Hey, you're the one who ported CM7. I just added a couple of things to it. :)

Guest emilpoul

Ceco, Cm team had released update for the hear 2013 , is it possible to update and your and by that mokee to.

Edited by emilpoul

Guest omegavesko

How you can use minimal ui with adw ?

I havent bought it because its for go launcher - so i stayed at adw launcher

ADW Launcher supports GO Launcher themes.

Guest H3ROS

dont work :(

You need to follow the installation instructions for it to work.

I think if you try to install it once the ROM's already installed then it fails to take effect, or crashes.

@ omegavesko

You've applied one of the changes I've done with my new ROM. That being to remove the laggy 3D Gallery app and to replace it with the lite yet feature packed QuickPic.

This is one of the better looking CM7 ROM's I've seen. Well done :)

Guest omegavesko
@ omegavesko

You've applied one of the changes I've done with my new ROM. That being to remove the laggy 3D Gallery app and to replace it with the lite yet feature packed QuickPic.

Hah, then you know how extremely refreshing it was to not have to deal with Gallery3D anymore. Jesus, I still can't believe that thing made it into AOSP.

And thanks. :)

Guest H3ROS

Yeah. I come to theming it and thought you know what, screw it. It's never worked well and it's always seemed so darn slow, so I went on the hunt in the play store and that's when I found QuickPic. It's permissions seem more than perfect, so I included it.

I see that you've figured out that you need to move the lib over, but as a minor optimization you can also delete the lib folder from the APK. All you then need to do is zipalign it :)

Guest omegavesko

Yeah. I come to theming it and thought you know what, screw it. It's never worked well and it's always seemed so darn slow, so I went on the hunt in the play store and that's when I found QuickPic. It's permissions seem more than perfect, so I included it.

I see that you've figured out that you need to move the lib over, but as a minor optimization you can also delete the lib folder from the APK. All you then need to do is zipalign it :)

Yeah, I had to copy the lib to /system/lib/ for a couple of other apps, too. Opera Mini was one of them as well, if I remember correctly.

Guest H3ROS

Probably. I was going to do it with Opera Mobile Classic since I'm not a fan of mini (bad font caching and doesn't render web pages as good), but I didn't bother since it takes up too much space.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest habanero79

what about Next Browser? i like the gestures and it runs very smooth for me. a very new browser.

Edited by habanero79

Guest omegavesko

what about Next Browser? i like the gestures and it runs very smooth for me. a very new browser.

Just tried it. It does seem pretty nice, but it's still nowhere near as smooth as Opera Mini or Jelly Bean browsers.

Guest HeikoH

Pretty cool and fast. Right now I'm using both Gingerbread's and Dolphin Browser Mini which do the job depending on the task, as Dolphin isn't very good with Javascript etc. I'd also recommend Circle Alarm which might fit better with the overall theme of the ROM.

Guest lledeni

You need to follow the installation instructions for it to work.

http://www.modaco.co...d/#entry2132260

I think if you try to install it once the ROM's already installed then it fails to take effect, or crashes.

@ omegavesko

Guest habanero79

I dont have the playstore. i flashed 240dpi.zip directly after the rom but still no playstore.... another issue: i can use my google account but there is no sync. maybe its the same prob.

P.S.

Sync is working after flashing the gapps-gb-20110828-signed.zip. But still no playstore... do you know "lcd density pro"? within this app i can download a modded play store and do some fixes.

Edited by habanero79

Guest omegavesko

I've also noticed syncing contacts doesn't work with this zip. I think it might work if I replace the Play Store and GSF APKs in the gapps zip with the modded ones and flash that.