Returning phone

Guest mickjjj

Guest mickjjj

Bought the G300 last Autumn when it appeared on HotUKDeals at £30 off.

Been pleased with it until a couple of weeks ago when I noticed that it said it had No SIM. I rebooted and everything worked again until

last week when it happened again. It appears that whenever theres any warmth in the phone then it stops recognising the SIM, it can then take several reboots to get it to work again. Not ideal so,

Has any one else had this? Is it possible to fix without sending it back? How do I go about returning it? Who do I return it to? Do I return it to the manufacturer or isme (the outfit I got it through)? I havent a clue what the procedure is.

TIA

Guest sharkyo01

Where did you buy the from?

Tesco / Vodafone / Argos?

You have a 24 month warranty with Huawei. So if you return it to the supplier with the receipts they should sort it out. Plus not heard of this problem at all.

Have you modded it any way or unlocked it ?

Guest mickjjj

I bought it through "isme", the one and only time I've used them. It has not been modded but I got it unlocked so I could use my Orange SIM.

Guest sharkyo01

I bought it through "isme", the one and only time I've used them. It has not been modded but I got it unlocked so I could use my Orange SIM.

Unlock though official channels?

If not DO NOT MENTION IT you have two choices in my eyes either ring up isme customer services and see what they say or ring Huawei and get the product serviced by them.

But you do have a 24 months warranty with huawei.

http://www.huawei.co...wei/contact-us/

0844 800 6800 Huawei product returns and repairs.

Can I also confirm when you did buy the phone? Just the month will do. I am collecting information on these broken phones (Sounds sad I know :P)

Edited by sharkyo01

Guest sharkyo01

Via ebay. Not sure if that's official or not. Not had a smartphone before.

Nah it is not official so don't mention it. Send it off to Huawei.

Guest sharkyo01

I bought the phone in August. Thanks for the info. Ive emailed isme and am waiting to see what they say.

Well got 24 month warranty with Huawei so you have a fail safe anyway :)

Guest ChrisPNE

Bought the G300 last Autumn when it appeared on HotUKDeals at £30 off.

Been pleased with it until a couple of weeks ago when I noticed that it said it had No SIM. I rebooted and everything worked again until

last week when it happened again. It appears that whenever theres any warmth in the phone then it stops recognising the SIM, it can then take several reboots to get it to work again. Not ideal so,

Has any one else had this? Is it possible to fix without sending it back? How do I go about returning it? Who do I return it to? Do I return it to the manufacturer or isme (the outfit I got it through)? I havent a clue what the procedure is.

TIA

To return your phone you need to call Isme on 0808 1010021 (a freephone alternative I found for the Shop Direct Group). Be prepared to give them your Isme account number, confirm DPA and possibly give them the catalogue number for the G300.

They will then give you the telephone number for the Shop Direct Group Repair Centre which is 0844 576 3778 (calls are charged). When you call the Repair Centre be prepared with your model, IMEI number and Isme account number. They will then ask you some diagnostic questions and explain the returns process to you.

I would call Isme first to make sure the returns process is initiated properly. Also note that it will be only be freephone from a landline.

Guest akarana

If you've been using the same SIM all the time you pro'lly haven't got the same problem I had with a U8150. I swapped the SIM for a China Mobile while I was there for some weeks, then put my NZ SIM back in when I got home. It worked for two weeks then said "No SIM". I took the SIM out and back in again, and it worked for a few days more, then same trouble. So I took the SIM out and pressed down on the retainer clip to give a bit more pressure. It was AOK after that.

Guest mickjjj

The emailed me last night and asked me to phone them to sort it out however, this morning I thought I'd see if my old SIM worked in it (I know I should have done this first but was convinced it was the phone) and it worked! I put the phone out in the conservatory to heat it up and it still worked. Anyhow I phoned Orange and they are sending me a new SIM tomorrow. I really hope the SIM is the problem because I don't want to faff on sending the phone back.

@ChrisPNE

Thanks for that phone number. The one they gave me was a 0844 number which I think is 35p a minute from a mobile (I dont have a house phone).