Noob N4 Owner

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

Hi guys,

Just ordered my Nexus 4, should be here on Monday, used to have a ZTE Crescent (Orange San Fran II) so the Nexus 4 should be a step up for me.

Obviously I'm being a bit obsessive about protecting it because I've read/seen some horror stories about the N4 getting smashed up due to all the glass. I ordered the official bumper at the same time as the N4 and also ordered this baby, anyone any recommendations for any better cases which will give my phone superhuman strength without making it look like a foam brick?

Just said a teary goodbye to the folks in the ZTE Crescent forum but I'll be around to help anyone who needs some help because I had to learn some tinkering-fu to get some good use out of the Crescent.

Edited by PsYcHoKiLLa

Guest The Soup Thief

Welcome aboard! I bought a £2 cover on ebay - it's hard matte plastic & covers the back and sides. Bought it as a stop gap while I checked out the competition - I'm still using it! Got some pricey matte screen protectors too. Just replaced them with cheap glossy ones that show off the screen much better.

I'm really careful but have dropped mine on tiles a few times without (touch wood) any injuries. Wonder if the early batches were especially brittle or summink?

Guest comicbookguy

i ended up with a cheap pleather flip case off ebay.

(like this : http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HOT-Hard-Flip-Leather-Protection-Shell-Skin-Case-Cover-Pouch-For-LG-Nexus-4-E960-/230999462543?pt=UK_MobilePhones_MobilePhonesCasesPouches&hash=item35c8a4128f)

choice was limited as i was an early adopter (last november)

i also bought one of these but never really used it after the screen scratching issues i'd heard about

(http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1x-Soft-S-Line-Wave-Gel-TPU-Silicone-Case-Cover-Skin-For-LG-Google-Nexus-4-E960-/400357666217?pt=UK_MobilePhones_MobilePhonesCasesPouches&var=&hash=item5d372d2da9)

when the brittle inner holder of the flip case started to break up, i glued the rubber case into it instead, and im still damage free

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

Nice, thanks for the welcomes. Maybe I'll stop the panicked holding of breath and relax with the phone then, I'm guessing either of the accessories I bought should do.

I guess I'm right in saying the N4 takes a microsim too? Cos my sim is full size so I've bought one of the sim choppers from Amazon.

Guest The Soup Thief

Yup. Microsim. Careful you don't lose the tray ejection tool (probably a pin would suffice if you did, but might scratch your Precious!) Tbh I reckon the whole Microsim /space saving thing is a load of nonsense. The tray & slidey mechanism must take up as much space as a regular sized sim.

The sim cutters are crude but they do the job fine (handy to keep a few adapters handy in case you need to use the sim in a regular phone)

Edited by The Soup Thief

Guest hugobosslives

yer just do scissors on a normal sim very easy and free.

on the case front. i was exactly like you and a bit apprehensive on damaging it. I bought a pouch case as i needed one quickly before i went on holiday so couldn't check reviews. It has actually turned out to be very good so I have kept it.

I only use th case when out the house. When I get in I take it out and use it naked. The reason I shy from other cases (eg clip on or plastic shells) is that the phone is so dam sexy I want to see it when I use it.

I have dropped it (naked) only on carpet or furniture so far and so far I have no damage or scratches :)

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

Well, I got one of these sim cutters, looks like a stapler, from Amazon, couple of quid. Did the job luvvly jubbly.

Was quite nervous about which way round to put it all but it's easy once you work it out. Now I just need to dump Orange like the garbage they are :) I'm Giff Gaff bound!!