Damned thing wont let me download anything 'Google'

Guest JethroUK

Guest JethroUK

Took a risk - bought an Huawei G520 Jellybean from China

Damned thing wont let me download anything 'Google' - like Google is barred - sorta ironic since Jellybean is android/Google OS - no Google Play - no Google+, no Google apps

Actually downloaded Google Play but every time i open it the phone closes it again

Any ideas apart from the bin

Guest ZolaIII

Use some of alternative markets until you unlock boot loader & root your phone! Then install one of costume roms that are based on original (international) firmware...

Guest JethroUK

Im totally 'googled' up

Email, contacts, calendar, Works email, photos, videos, games, all my music - all synced up - not even You Tube

Without google apps its a brick

Looks like back in the box until i can delete the crap thats barring google

I just never anticipated buying a mobile with Google OS and no access to Google Apps - dunno what the Chinese used it for - held the door open maybe?

Strangely enough my sim works fine

Anyone know how to free this phone?

Guest ZolaIII

Actually i already told you!

They did the same thing as nook & some others did. They blocked play store and enabled they one!

You can install no one market or eni other that you like!

The sooner you unlock & root your phone sooner you will be able to use normal international roms!

Guest JethroUK

Actually i already told you!

They did the same thing as nook & some others did. They blocked play store and enabled they one!

You can install no one market or eni other that you like!

Sorry - Did not understand a single word of that - "nook"?, "blocked play store"?, "enabled they one"? "install no one market"?

but ill try and figure out how to root it - thanks

Edited by JethroUK

Guest ZolaIII

Sorry - Did not understand a single word of that - "nook"?, "blocked play store"?, "enabled they one"? "install no one market"?

but ill try and figure out how to root it - thanks

1 Nook tablet

2 blocked access to the Google play store

3 Huaweis pandan of the play store

4 No one market apk - one of alternative apps market

5 LOL

Pleas use normal full method for rooting the phone, that is unlock boot loader first then root!

Guest JethroUK

If you have a facebook or twitter account, try AppBrain. See here: http://www.appbrain.com/

Cheers - but my whole world is on Google - without it - its a brick - I still have access on my old phone - just be nice not to throw this in the bin

Edited by JethroUK

Guest Voxpop2011

China tries to prevent its citizens from having contact with the outside world, so search engines - one of google's main functions - and consequently all google products are heavily controlled or in this case, blocked entirely.

I wouldn't bin the phone. Hang on to it just in case a future fix becomes available.

Guest JethroUK

Is it not possible to ROOT & flash Google apps?

I have downloaded some google apps but dont know how to flash them

Capture.jpg

Edited by JethroUK

Guest JethroUK

IS your phone rooted

Nope - I did try but it crashed my phone - If do manage to root it & i flash google apps am I stuck with those versions or will they update like normal?

Guest ZolaIII

China tries to prevent its citizens from having contact with the outside world, so search engines - one of google's main functions - and consequently all google products are heavily controlled or in this case, blocked entirely.

I wouldn't bin the phone. Hang on to it just in case a future fix becomes available.

No wonder when Google is spaying for US!

Bat they are really promoting home (Chinese) apps...

China did adapt the Ubuntu Linux this year as the national os so we will be seeing Unity in the future!