• Please log in to reply
703 replies to this topic

Sere83

Sere83

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts

its only deodexed so people can easily decompile the .jar and .apk to make mods, its not actually a requirement for cwm, most stock roms are already deodexed.
also, if you want to flash back to fully stock you just use the flash tool with the full stock rom which should be all in .img format, same way you flash recovery but with all the other files

i know how you feel about the 3G i also use it a very lot, the phones i got my parents do the same thing...
its actually putting me of buying another china phone for my self :(

So i can just flash the original .img in CMW? Is there an option in CMW to flash .img? Also....wIll your root and google services and fixes Zips work with the stock rom?

I also download the latest stock rom but it comes as a .rar with database and bin folders inside, how do you flash?

Edited by Sere83, 27 June 2013 - 12:03 AM.

tillaz

tillaz

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,877 posts
  • Interests:Time & Space
  • Devices:Moto X

So i can just flash the original .img in CMW? Is there an option in CMW to flash .img? Also....wIll your root and google services and fixes Zips work with the stock rom?

I also download the latest stock rom but it comes as a .rar with database and bin folders inside, how do you flash?

as far as i know, to flash the stock rom with the flash tool you need to add all the files from the bin folder where the recovery.img is, load the scatter file
then make sure all the required boxes are ticked then hit download.

here is a screen recording i made, if your not sure what i mean
http://www.solidfile...m/d/5aa0eb4b24/

bryfly

bryfly

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts
  • Devices:coolpad F1 8297w & redmi note2

I'm having the same problem with volume settings force closing. Do you think you could post links to the working settings.apk and settingsprovider.apk?

Here is the 2 files I used, if you are not sure what to do I can try and explain what I did, but I'm a bit of a novice.......

http://www.solidfile...m/d/07198d8d20/

http://www.solidfile...m/d/5e39ece51d/

Rico_89

Rico_89

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300, Vowney V5.
  • Twitter:@Rico_89_
Posted Image

I was checking my order status on Merimobiles and this new coupon code popped up. It might help someone if the other codes don't work.

Edited by Rico_89, 27 June 2013 - 09:02 AM.

kieranswhite

kieranswhite

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Acend g300
  • Twitter:@@kieran9969

Posted Image

I was checking my order status on Merimobiles and this new coupon code popped up. It might help someone if the other codes don't work.

How long did peoples tracking take to update after leaving china?

Mine apparently left china on the 24th and i havent been able to track it since

kieranswhite

kieranswhite

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 443 posts
Seems to be a load of ROMS on the offical forum

http://bbs.v5zn.com/forum-38-1.html

Edit: A lot of these ROMS mention a GPS fix?? any ideas?/

Edited by kieranswhite, 27 June 2013 - 11:22 AM.

blaster99999

blaster99999

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 288 posts
  • Interests:Tech hacking gaming, motor sport , snooker
  • Devices:g300/ v970/vowney v5
Well just used my GPS on co pilot and Google maps got a lock with in a minute

blaster99999

blaster99999

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 288 posts
Regarding v5 mobile data speed I noticed in mtk engineers menu 2 options one was gsm/wcdma auto and other as gsm/wcdma (wcdma preferred) now I would have thought the preferred option would be better might be worth a look at for v5 users having data problems, also would it not be better to untick unused frequencies

kieranswhite

kieranswhite

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 443 posts

Regarding v5 mobile data speed I noticed in mtk engineers menu 2 options one was gsm/wcdma auto and other as gsm/wcdma (wcdma preferred) now I would have thought the preferred option would be better might be worth a look at for v5 users having data problems, also would it not be better to untick unused frequencies

yeah ill definitely have a play with mine when i receive it .

blaster99999

blaster99999

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 288 posts

had to do a restore from backup , due to unable to change phone sound from full volume

tillaz could you have a look why the frame work update you posted sets my phone to full volume all the time regardless of what change the setting too

Edited by blaster99999, 27 June 2013 - 01:24 PM.

Sere83

Sere83

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts
I'm seriously thinking my unit may actually be defective. GPS completely doesn't work anymore, no locks ever, tried WCDMA preferred and WCDMA auto and they act exactly the same.

Im thinking my radio may be weak or something. Incidentally I also tried some other roms on NeedRom, the Lewa one and the Lewa hybrid, they all gave me the same reception over 3G no change really.

kieranswhite

kieranswhite

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 443 posts

I'm seriously thinking my unit may actually be defective. GPS completely doesn't work anymore, no locks ever, tried WCDMA preferred and WCDMA auto and they act exactly the same.

Im thinking my radio may be weak or something. Incidentally I also tried some other roms on NeedRom, the Lewa one and the Lewa hybrid, they all gave me the same reception over 3G no change really.

I'd have a look on the V5 forum

Have a look at this ROM http://bbs.v5zn.com/...orderby=replie

Edited by kieranswhite, 27 June 2013 - 02:41 PM.

-Ollie-

-Ollie-

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Vowney V5
Hello,

My v5 arrived yesterday. I have to say that I'm really pleased with the overall quality of the phone. Had some data connection issues at first, but discovered that I put my sim card in the wrong slot... Bit nooby. After that I'm only having 3 small issues:

- The description says that the phone should have a 8mp back camera. I can only set it to 6mp max though (still pleased for the bang for buck quality of the camera).
- The left bottom of the screen gives a very faint bluish tint if I'm browsing an all white environment (think this is just faulty hardware?)
- GPS works, but not accurate at all. Should have drowned 5 times while biking home yesterday if it were up to the GPS ;) Tried the fixes mentioned above, but to no avail.

I am running stock rom (got mine pre rooted from MeriMobiles). So should I flash another rom? Or leave it like this since everything is working (although not perfect). Suggestions are highly appreciated.

Sere83

Sere83

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts

as far as i know, to flash the stock rom with the flash tool you need to add all the files from the bin folder where the recovery.img is, load the scatter file
then make sure all the required boxes are ticked then hit download.

here is a screen recording i made, if your not sure what i mean
http://www.solidfile...m/d/5aa0eb4b24/

Thanks Tillaz, does this remove CMW? Also can your zips be used with the stock rom? Also Does this guide apply to the latest official chinese rom from june 15th?

Incidentluy Tillaz, the original deodexed rom you made of the official June 15th Build is actually exactly the same as the Chinese build plus you just added Gapps right?

There is no way anything could have gone wrong when you repackaged it to affect GPS or 3g is there really? So in fact there is no point in me going back to my original chinese build as your one that i am currently using is basically the latest rom from vowney anyway (+ gapps) right?

I'd have a look on the V5 forum

Have a look at this ROM http://bbs.v5zn.com/...orderby=replie

Yeah I think thats on needrom too. Could try I suppose but i'm not particuallry hopeful as the other 2 roms i tried had same 3G issues. This this rom was also released before the June 15th official rom so any fixes in there wont be included in this.

Also @Blaster9999 did you make a backup up of the rooted stock rom from merimobiles? I may need to return to that, just in case I have to send it back

Edited by Sere83, 27 June 2013 - 03:35 PM.

kieranswhite

kieranswhite

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 443 posts
double post

Edited by kieranswhite, 27 June 2013 - 03:27 PM.

kieranswhite

kieranswhite

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 443 posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TS6aqpLfERw&feature=player_embedded

root and cwm video apparently

seems very easy

trashbat

trashbat

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

How long did peoples tracking take to update after leaving china?

Mine apparently left china on the 24th and i havent been able to track it since

Mine was shipped on the 21st, however have had no tracking and not yet recieved, merimobiles said its on route though so i wouldnt worry too much if you havent had yours yet, would think we should get them around the same time

kieranswhite

kieranswhite

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 443 posts

Mine was shipped on the 21st, however have had no tracking and not yet recieved, merimobiles said its on route though so i wouldnt worry too much if you havent had yours yet, would think we should get them around the same time

Yeah i'm not worried just frustrated :P i'm off from school so i'm just basically waiting for the phone so i have something to do

kieranswhite

kieranswhite

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 443 posts

seems very easy

I feel sorry for the people who paid for the rooting :P

Seems like they just use a one-click root tool

tillaz

tillaz

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,877 posts
  • Interests:Time & Space
  • Devices:Moto X

Thanks Tillaz, does this remove CMW? Also can your zips be used with the stock rom? Also Does this guide apply to the latest official chinese rom from june 15th?

yes, it would replace cwm with the stock recovery, the guide is the same for any MTK Device as long as your adding the proper stock ROM for it,
the zip's i posted will work on stock yes, as long as you have cwm to flash them with.

Incidentluy Tillaz, the original deodexed rom you made of the official June 15th Build is actually exactly the same as the Chinese build plus you just added Gapps right?

There is no way anything could have gone wrong when you repackaged it to affect GPS or 3g is there really? So in fact there is no point in me going back to my original chinese build as your one that i am currently using is basically the latest rom from vowney anyway (+ gapps) right?

yes, its the same but deodexed and Gapps added, (deodexed means the corresponding .odex is merged back into its .apk / .jar as the classes.dex)
no, nothing could have gone wrong to affect those, the problem with 3G is probably related to the baseband / RIL been more configured for Asia (Radio Firmware)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users