• Please log in to reply
703 replies to this topic

e45cream

e45cream

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
  • Devices:Vowney V5

tried to carry out tillaz pulling stock recovery, cannot get that to work but guess mine might be broke, can I just try to install cwm without the first part???

Try taking out the battery, sim card and sd card. I had to do that to make it work.

moorish

moorish

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Devices:Vowney V5, G300
can someone please provide link to the gps guide?

I would like to try it.

Rico_89

Rico_89

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300, Vowney V5.
  • Twitter:@Rico_89_

can someone please provide link to the gps guide?

I would like to try it.

http://gizbeat.com/2...tk6577-mtk6575/

Be patient it takes a good ten minutes out side in good line of sight to get the first lock, but after that it should be easier. Now I'm getting lock in the house in under a minute. Like others this this might change though.. ;) .

Edited by Rico_89, 17 June 2013 - 02:51 PM.

moorish

moorish

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Devices:Vowney V5, G300

Be patient it takes a good ten minutes out side in good line of sight to get the first lock, but after that it should be easier. Now I'm getting lock in the house in under a minute. Like others this this might change though.. ;) .

Thanks

Sere83

Sere83

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Ok that sound not too bad. I did the same thing (factory reset from CMW though) on my G300 and it locked on the Huawei logo.. I just recovered a backup I had made and bingo back in business.

I wouldn't panic yet, see what merimobile says and as far as I know you should be fine installing CWM but you should really find out from Tillaz first to make sure.

My advice to anyone else is don't factory reset until you get a CWM backup.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GPS: well I Iv'e just tested it and it seems to be working fine. I get lock really fast and that's with no data on just GPS, wifi and 3g off. I will keep trying and get back to you but when I went through the tutorial I skipped this part as it seemed optional.

4. This is just my personal opinion, but if you don’t have an always on data-connection, don’t turn on A-GPS to test your GPS. That’s just my opinion though. Many people enable it and if you’ve got an always on data connection (2G/3G), it should be turned on – though if you’re on a very limited plan, you might want to turn it off after you’re done using GPS. If you want to enable it, tick it ON.

Ok cool, so do you have A-GPS enabled or not enabled? By the way is your google maps on your sd card or internal storage?

Rico_89

Rico_89

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts

Ok cool, so do you have A-GPS enabled or not enabled? By the way is your google maps on your sd card or internal storage?

A-GPS is off for me. And Maps are installed to the sd card.

I just tried again and this time it took about two and half minutes to lock, but I noticed that street view just kept saying loading address (street view was working earlier) . I checked my G300 and maps are installed to the internal storage, so I'm going to try that and see.. I have run out of charge though so I might not get back to this for a while.

Edit: Moved maps and streetview onto the internal storage and I got lock in just over one minute and street view worked immediately.. Obviously I need to test it over time so I'm going to try other apps and see.

Edited by Rico_89, 17 June 2013 - 06:04 PM.

dakok

dakok

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,731 posts
  • Devices:Coolpad F1 8297w
Regarding GPS, there`s a way to set it right: use Pimp My Rom
and somewhere inside it you`ll find a way to succesfully adjust GPS.

Edited by dakok, 17 June 2013 - 06:53 PM.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

logo-telekineza.png 

Coolpad F1 software and stuff 
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

bryfly

bryfly

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts
  • Devices:coolpad F1 8297w & redmi note2

Ok that sound not too bad. I did the same thing (factory reset from CMW though) on my G300 and it locked on the Huawei logo.. I just recovered a backup I had made and bingo back in business.

I wouldn't panic yet, see what merimobile says and as far as I know you should be fine installing CWM but you should really find out from Tillaz first to make sure.

My advice to anyone else is don't factory reset until you get a CWM backup.

totally agree found some posts with people who did factory reset and ended up the same, can manage to get into settings and system ui says not responding a lot, what would I need to do to cure that, as that might be my problem with a black screen.

blaster99999

blaster99999

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 288 posts
  • Interests:Tech hacking gaming, motor sport , snooker
  • Devices:g300/ v970/vowney v5

after the first lock mine usually takes about 30 seconds to 2 minutes now in car , just trying in house and not getting anything so far.

blaster99999

blaster99999

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 288 posts

totally agree found some posts with people who did factory reset and ended up the same, can manage to get into settings and system ui says not responding a lot, what would I need to do to cure that, as that might be my problem with a black screen.

looks like your not having much luck, might help if someone with cwm installed can upload there rom.

blaster99999

blaster99999

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Done something to the V5 , switch on screen is frozen locked ,nothing works, only place I can get is into factory mode, got 8 headings all in Chinese, anybody know what they are in English , or what I should do now? cheers

did you pay for your v5 to be prerooted, if so battery out , battery back in hold volume up and power on , when droid appears press vol up again , now your in English cwm, don't think it as all the options that should be available , but you have option to clear user data and wipe ect that might be worth a try.

Rico_89

Rico_89

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts

after the first lock mine usually takes about 30 seconds to 2 minutes now in car , just trying in house and not getting anything so far.

In house you might need to be near a window to get line of sight for a good connection. But it works better outside.

If that's all you did then it should be under warranty. And merrimobile should pick up the postage bill too.

http://www.merimobil...ping-policy/#27

Edited by Rico_89, 17 June 2013 - 09:25 PM.

kieranswhite

kieranswhite

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Acend g300
  • Twitter:@@kieran9969

Regarding GPS, there`s a way to set it right: use Pimp My Rom
and somewhere inside it you`ll find a way to succesfully adjust GPS.

Have you tried this?? You can change loads of GPS settings. I'll have a look when I receive my V5

Sere83

Sere83

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Have you tried this?? You can change loads of GPS settings. I'll have a look when I receive my V5

Yeah thanks to Dakok for that, it is some crazy App! Can tinker with just about everything, too scared to touch most of the settings though. haha, I gave it a go for gps though and I also found out how to access engineering mode using *#15963#* on the keypad and run the gps test a few times, which went fine.

I am now getting locks using google maps, with the phone out of my bedroom window. Some are reasonably quick, while others take longer, can be up to a minute or more. The strange thing is maps tells me my location cant be found sometimes after about 15 seconds but if i just leave the gps on it eventually finds a lock but as I say can take a while sometimes. Seems quite temperamental, gonna try on the bus tomorrow as to date have had no luck on the bus.

Another thing i've found is that since the engineering mode tests the drop down menus displays actual coordinate information and time it takes to lock and another symbol when trying to find a lock which it wasn't doing before. Are other people getting this too?

Oh and i also read somwhere that you cannot take a screen shot using hardware buttons on the V5 yet, any one tried it?

Edited by Sere83, 17 June 2013 - 10:23 PM.

Rico_89

Rico_89

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts
It works like that for me too, even on my G300 it says location cant be found, then it finds my location..

Volume - plus power button takes a screenshots on the V5. I've done it a few times.

What engineering mode test? What was that lol..? I think I missed something.

Edited by Rico_89, 17 June 2013 - 10:31 PM.

Sere83

Sere83

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts

It works like that for me too, even on my G300 it says location cant be found, then it finds my location..

Volume - plus power button takes a screenshots on the V5. I've done it a few times.

What engineering mode test? What was that lol..? I think I missed something.

Sweet for that, haha yeah its some random mode i read about, seemed to help though with my GPS,...

Does yours charge evenly? Put my phone on charge at 2% about 10 minutes ago and now its on 41%! WTF?

Edited by Sere83, 17 June 2013 - 11:53 PM.

bryfly

bryfly

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts
  • Devices:coolpad F1 8297w & redmi note2
Now I have a working phone again !!!. Has any headway been made on finding why location on maps does not work using wifi / network signal and not GPS, moved maps and street view to internal , made no difference on mine

blaster99999

blaster99999

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Now I have a working phone again !!!. Has any headway been made on finding why location on maps does not work using wifi / network signal and not GPS, moved maps and street view to internal , made no difference on mine

how did you fix your problem for future reference

Rico_89

Rico_89

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts

Sweet for that, haha yeah its some random mode i read about, seemed to help though with my GPS,...

Does yours charge evenly? Put my phone on charge at 2% about 10 minutes ago and now its on 41%! WTF?

I've never checked the phone so soon after charging, but this might be normal I usually leave all my devices a good hour after it says it charged. Now that you mention it, do you get a percentage reading on your charge display? I just get a pretty cool fluid battery animation but no percent indication.

I've never used data to find my location on any phone, only GPS.. I think it works on third party roms so it might be that this rom we are using needs updates or is geared more towards the Chinese market.

blaster99999

blaster99999

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 288 posts
battery percentage as to be turned on if you want it to show , its in the battery settings

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users