703 replies to this topic

pelelademadera

pelelademadera

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
  • Devices:vowney v5
  • Twitter:@pl4dox

You need a TRRS adaptor, which reverses the microphone and ground pins. : http://www.amazon.co...2&keywords=trrs . With this you'll be able to use any headset with your V5. You can find it cheaper on eBay but the cable is too long, or maybe I haven't searched around enough. I have a Turtle Beach M5 headset and luckily the adaptor came with it.

what it do really? it looks like an extender,

I have a pair of kannen earpones with mic and not work good, genuine samsung and sony ericson works, and any earphone with NO mic works good...

I dont know why

thanks

Rico_89

Rico_89

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300, Vowney V5.
  • Twitter:@Rico_89_

what it do really? it looks like an extender,

I have a pair of kannen earpones with mic and not work good, genuine samsung and sony ericson works, and any earphone with NO mic works good...

I dont know why

thanks

It's not an extender cable. Some phones have the mic on a different pin so most headphones, that have a mic, won't sound right and the button on the mic to answer and hangup will not work. But with the adaptor it will sound and operate perfect.

Edited by Rico_89, 12 July 2013 - 11:22 PM.

damyl

damyl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi,
thanks for this great topic at the first time.
I have one big problem with my vowney v5, when I make a call the other side do not heard me very well. Is this have any solution for my problem, can I change anything in mobileunle or something else?
Thank you in advance!

Found solution using SoundAbout > Wired Headset detection UNcheck

Edited by damyl, 13 July 2013 - 05:44 PM.

blueye

blueye

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:Omnia

Hi,

I have just received my Vowney V5. Unfortunately the lower right soft button (back) doesn't work. It does nothing, it does not even switch on the lighting of the lower soft buttons (the other 2 works perfectly). Is this a known problem? How can I solve it? Or I received a faulty phone and I have to negotiate with the webshop?

(ROM: alps.jb2.mp.v1.3)

Rico_89

Rico_89

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300, Vowney V5.
  • Twitter:@Rico_89_

Hi,
I have just received my Vowney V5. Unfortunately the lower right soft button (back) doesn't work. It does nothing, it does not even switch on the lighting of the lower soft buttons (the other 2 works perfectly). Is this a known problem? How can I solve it? Or I received a faulty phone and I have to negotiate with the webshop?
(ROM: alps.jb2.mp.v1.3)

Ah that's is unlucky, and no this is not a known problem. Could have been damaged in transit. I think your only option is to send it back for a refund unfortunately.

What store did you buy it from?

Edited by Rico_89, 22 July 2013 - 01:25 PM.

blueye

blueye

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:Omnia
Antelife.
There was no sign of damage at all. :(

aliaird

aliaird

Regular

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts
Sounds like a fault with the particular phone. No one else here has reported that fault. Unlucky. Send it back

kieranswhite

kieranswhite

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Acend g300
  • Twitter:@@kieran9969
My back cover arrived and I like the black's matte finish which makes the phone a little more easy to grip

Lovetz

Lovetz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:Qtek 8310
Good news for all dualsim devices:
MIUI V5 with dual SIM support coming soon

According to MIUI developers here in China, a new MIUI V5 will launch next week especially developed to support dual SIM Mediatek phones.

This new version of MIUI is based on Android 4.2, the official version of MIUI is based on 4.1 Jelly Bean, and has been specially developed for use with Mediatek powered phones with dual SIM support.

Most phones running a quad-core MT6589 SoC could eventually get the MIUI V5 but for now only the following models will be supported ZTE V987, N986, V967S, and Lenovo A820, A820T, S920.

Lovetz

Lovetz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:Qtek 8310

I clicked to run the update, the phone rebooted, the android robot with the spinning shape came up and then it loaded CWM and gave me errors:

CMW-based Recovery v6.0.3.0
Finding update package…
Opening update package…
Verifying update package…
Installing update…
Assert failed: getprop(“ro.product.device”) ==”bird89_wet_c_jb2” || getprop(“ro.build.product”) == “bird89_wet_c_jb2”
E:Error in /sdcard/walking/20130703103514754.zip
(status 7)
Installation aborted.

1. Open /sdcard/walking/20130703103514754.zip with 7zip (for example)
2. Open 20130703103514754.zip\META-INF\com\google\android\updater-script with text editor
3. Delete first and second lines (with the words "getprop") in this text file (updater-script) and save it.
4. Flash new /sdcard/walking/20130703103514754.zip in CWM.
That is all.

Edited by Lovetz, 24 July 2013 - 06:12 AM.

xaris-cd

xaris-cd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Devices:v5

Hi,
thanks for this great topic at the first time.
I have one big problem with my vowney v5, when I make a call the other side do not heard me very well. Is this have any solution for my problem, can I change anything in mobileunle or something else?
Thank you in advance!

Found solution using SoundAbout > Wired Headset detection UNcheck

i have same problem other side do not heard me very well ,i try your solution but nothing happent can somebody think other solution?
in skype the sound maybe little louder but not clear

Attached Files

Edited by xaris-cd, 28 July 2013 - 08:32 AM.

trashbat

trashbat

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts
does anyone else get ripples when they put pressure on the screen? (ie. not major pressure just anything more than a light tap)

Dan Mullen

Dan Mullen

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 605 posts
  • Interests:Football (Sunderland AFC), snooker, tennis and darts. Also, PS3 games, creating dynamic websites and watching films.
  • Devices:Nexus 5, Cube U30GT II
  • Twitter:@danmullen

does anyone else get ripples when they put pressure on the screen? (ie. not major pressure just anything more than a light tap)

Just tried and I can't see any ripples.

Dan Mullen » http://www.mullen.org.uk
Stunshot - Web Hosting and Development » http://www.stunshot.com
Simply Dial - Cheap International Calls » http://www.simply-dial.co.uk

Sere83

Sere83

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts

Yep, I get this, mentioned it briefly in my review. Basically most of the issues mentioned I seem to have lol

blaster99999

blaster99999

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 288 posts
  • Interests:Tech hacking gaming, motor sport , snooker
  • Devices:g300/ v970/vowney v5
No ripples here

rainnman78

rainnman78

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I'm interested in this phone I read all forum post I would like to say this forum really helpful about everthing.
Before buying I want to learn I was wondering someting.
1. How is the touch buttons responsivity? (Someone says bad or not working properly)
2. How is the heat for normal using and playing game?
3. How is the quality and loudness headphone and speaker? (Someone says when the getting incoming calls sound is slightly)
4. 1gb ram is enough? When the phone boot up how is the available ram?
5. Does the Gps work properly? Custom roms solved the Gps connection problem?
6. Does OTG conneciton support MHL adapter?

victox

victox

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi guys,

I got my Vowney two days ago and I've tried to improve the flashlight, changing the build,prop, but it's still very weak, does someone else have the same problem with the flashlight? any solution? Concerning the screen, is it actually dragontrail or I should put a screen protector?

Thanks!

Carline

Carline

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Devices:SGS Advance; Vowney V5

I got my Vowney two days ago and I've tried to improve the flashlight, changing the build,prop, but it's still very weak, does someone else have the same problem with the flashlight? any solution? Concerning the screen, is it actually dragontrail or I should put a screen protector?

This is a stronger lighting CWM flashable flashlight: http://d-h.st/rEw

victox

victox

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

This is a stronger lighting CWM flashable flashlight: http://d-h.st/rEw

Thanks for the answer, but I'm running it with v1.3, official ROM, can I install your zip? How do I install it?

Thank you! :)

nsmacd1

nsmacd1

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts
  • Devices:Vowney (Verne) V5 & G300

Yep, I get this, mentioned it briefly in my review. Basically most of the issues mentioned I seem to have lol

Not ripples as such, but I do sometimes get a white area where the finger has been pressed (not too hard!)

Edited by nsmacd1, 31 July 2013 - 02:06 AM.

Currently using:-

Coolpad F1

rom-442-aosp-nitro-a310-v3-repack

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users