Questions about the Acer CloudMobile

Guest ozyzen

Guest ozyzen

Hello,

I am thinking to buy the Acer CloudMobile and I have a few questions that maybe an owner of the phone could answer:

1. Some reviews say that the call quality is not good. Is this true?

2. Do you get "touch focus" for the video recording or can you lock the focus in any other way? Or is it always autofocus?

3. Can you take photos while recording video? If yes, in what resolution?

4. How much time does it take to charge the battery? (0% to 100%)

5. How is the quality of the photos and videos? I read conflicting opinions from diferent reviews on this one!

Thanks!

Guest bonzi1994

Hello,

I am thinking to buy the Acer CloudMobile and I have a few questions that maybe an owner of the phone could answer:

1. Some reviews say that the call quality is not good. Is this true?

2. Do you get "touch focus" for the video recording or can you lock the focus in any other way? Or is it always autofocus?

3. Can you take photos while recording video? If yes, in what resolution?

4. How much time does it take to charge the battery? (0% to 100%)

5. How is the quality of the photos and videos? I read conflicting opinions from diferent reviews on this one!

Thanks!

1 for me the call quality is good

2 in the video there is a continuos focus, you can't use touch focus

3 yes, at 1920x1088

4 for me 1:30 h

5 the photos and videos are good (not at the same level of a galaxy s3 for example)

Guest ozyzen

Thanks!

With only continues focus do you often get that issue that every now and then it goes out of focus for a second, especially when there is some movement in the scene? I noticed that this happens with many smartphones with autofocus.

And another thing: Is the dead pixels issue common with this phone? And if I have such issue (or another) will Expansys exchange it? (that is where I am buying it from)

Thanks

Guest ozyzen

I don't recommend you to buy S500 . It has a s*** screen!

In all reviews it says it has a very good screen. Are you talking about the dead pixels issue? Is this a common problem with this phone?

The screen is exceptionally good. I don't know any exact numbers about the dead pixels, but remember that only people with a problem post about it, you never hear from the large majority for which everything is okay. The screen is very bright and has an incredible pixel density of 340 ppi, an iPhone 5 has 326 ppi. For around 250 euro, this device is one of the best you can get.

Guest ozyzen

The screen is exceptionally good. I don't know any exact numbers about the dead pixels, but remember that only people with a problem post about it, you never hear from the large majority for which everything is okay. The screen is very bright and has an incredible pixel density of 340 ppi, an iPhone 5 has 326 ppi. For around 250 euro, this device is one of the best you can get.

Yes, the great value is what drew me to this phone. If I buy the phone from Expansys (€200) will they exchange it if it has any dead pixels or other problems?

And what about the call quality? None of you had any issues with this? Some reviews mention this as a problem with this phone.

They will replace any problems, European law dictates that they have to offer min. 2 years of free warranty.

I've never had problems with the call quality, but I don't have much comparison, because my previous phones were very shitty in general.

Guest sorinake13

I have the cloudmobile -1 cpu type since february from Orange Romania ( it was a present for my birthday...previous owner of galaxy mini 5570 ) and don't have any of the problems like dead pixels or poor call quality or anything else other people say about this phone...i rooted it deleted all the unwanted apps, stupid ringtones and notifications, bootanimation + got rid of soft button bar...and installed seeder cache app and piecontrol for buttons...i have over 500mb of ram free anytime...no lag...perfect phone for my taste....i only wait for a stable cm10.1 to install :D !

Edited by sorinake13

Guest ozyzen

Thanks for your help. My current phone is also galaxy mini 5570!

How can I tell if the phone I will get will be -3 or -1 (is there -2 also?)

Guest bonzi1994

Thanks for your help. My current phone is also galaxy mini 5570!

How can I tell if the phone I will get will be -3 or -1 (is there -2 also?)

expansys sell only -3 cpu and no there isn't a -2 model

Guest ozyzen

Thanks. Anybody can answer this question:

With only continues focus do you often get that issue that every now and then it goes out of focus for a second, especially when there is some movement in the scene? I noticed that this happens with many smartphones with autofocus.

Guest Ivan69

...deleted all the unwanted apps, stupid ringtones and notifications, bootanimation + got rid of soft button bar...and installed seeder cache app and piecontrol for buttons...

...sounds interesting... can you explain exactly what you did and how? maype you can post also some pics?

Thx

Guest Spacecaker

1. Some reviews say that the call quality is not good. Is this true? <- for me this has the loudest call sound and quality of all android phones i ever had with this its nice and i can hear what others say

2. Do you get "touch focus" for the video recording or can you lock the focus in any other way? Or is it always autofocus? <- for me it focuses if i press on screen or auto atleast it works properly and good

3. Can you take photos while recording video? If yes, in what resolution? yeah u can also u can take screenshoot while recording aswell

4. How much time does it take to charge the battery? (0% to 100%) 1.30h

5. How is the quality of the photos and videos? I read conflicting opinions from diferent reviews on this one! amazing

Guest ozyzen

Spacecaker, what are the Xperia and Samsung devices that you have? How does the CM compare to them? I am also considering Xperia S (a bit more expensive) and Galaxy S3 (much more expensive)

Guest Spacecaker

i had Samsung galaxy Ace * has almost all android versions but almost al are laggy *

Xperia U i had cm9 is still buggy and cm10 aswell but on higher end phones like xperia s and galaxy s3 u will get better performance and stability

Guest davidevinavil

I've tried some different version of Samsung S3 and to me is not smooth as cloud mobile.. Sometimes S3 is really much laggy

Guest sorinake13

u get root from this tool http://acercloudmobile.blogspot.ro/p/tool.html after root install root explorer then with command 4 reboot RW system to be able to delete system apps...i selected the ones i need the rest i deleted..including all the ringtones/notification/alarms/bootanimation....while you are in RW mode modify build.prop with this line of code at the bottom of the text ( qemu.hw.mainkeys=1 ) without the paranthesis... !!!!! Be sure to have Pie Control from playstore installed before the modification !!!!!...you can fiind seeder on xda...good luck !!

Guest ozyzen

expansys sell only -3 cpu and no there isn't a -2 model

This member here said that he bought his from Expansys and he had dead pixels problem:

In another forum I read about another one who bought from Expansys and had this problem.

Did Expansys used to sell the -1 models? Or maybe this problem is affecting all models?

u get root from this tool http://acercloudmobi....ro/p/tool.html after root install root explorer then with command 4 reboot RW system to be able to delete system apps...i selected the ones i need the rest i deleted..including all the ringtones/notification/alarms/bootanimation....while you are in RW mode modify build.prop with this line of code at the bottom of the text ( qemu.hw.mainkeys=1 ) without the paranthesis... !!!!! Be sure to have Pie Control from playstore installed before the modification !!!!!...you can fiind seeder on xda...good luck !!

I did that too, much prefer the phone without the navbar (on screen buttons). Only difference is that I use LMT launcher instead of piecontrol. Don't be fooled by the name, it is not really a launcher, more a gesture/pie control add on to your favorite launcher (i use go launcher ex). LMT provide a pie that is exactly the same as in paranoid android, much nicer imho than pie control. And it offer a lot of gesture, that i do not use yet but may try in the future.

As the original poster said, be sure that your alternative to navbar is in place, working, and launched automatically when phone boot before editing build.prop, a phone without buttons is quite unusable ;-)

For the original thread, no issue on call quality (loudspeaker could be stronger), screen is nice with no dead pixel, I am now using it "bare" without screen protector (mine was the shitty 6 for 1€ sort). Seems to hold well even if gorilla glass is not mentioned. Main drawbacks are the too small battery, the abscence of notification led, and the small community (means less devs and accessories). But for the price, it is a great phone....

Guest Ivan69

Did Expansys used to sell the -1 models? Or maybe this problem is affecting all models?

The difference from -1 and -3 is due to the MB, the screen is not integrated in it, so dead pixels can potentially affect both models

Thanks to sorinake13 & gkai for the tips, finally I installed LMT only because I can put the pie on the bottom of the screen

Question: is there any way to have the % on the battery icon or replace it with another one maybe similar to CM (ring)?

The difference from -1 and -3 is due to the MB, the screen is not integrated in it, so dead pixels can potentially affect both models

Thanks to sorinake13 & gkai for the tips, finally I installed LMT only because I can put the pie on the bottom of the screen

Question: is there any way to have the % on the battery icon or replace it with another one maybe similar to CM (ring)?

either custom rom, or modifying framework and systemUI (I did it using ultimate online kitchen, quite easy and it work...but not sure it is fully stable, i tried it when building a simple custom rom and got stability problems, but it is probably liked to the other modifs I did to the rom...)