[DEV][ROM] Chameleon OS 0.8 [UNOFFICIAL][Updated 280813]

Guest robt77

Guest robt77

iofN5yAtlWHo7.png

Disclaimer: Chameleon OS is currently in beta. While it runs very well,

there may be things that are not completely functional. The development team is

not responsible for any damage to your device or your information.
opfeatures.gif
Launcher Features ★ Folder icon styles: stacked, grid, or carousel ★ Folder sorting: alphabetically, reverse alphabetically, or by usage ★ Icon scaling in app drawer and on homescreen ★ Home screen previews, re-arrangable homescreens ★ Set default screen from previews layout ★ Add or remove homescreens from previews layout ★ Slide homescreens with a second finger while holding widgets and icons ★ Customizable gestures: slide up, slide down, pinch, and spread ★ Use only one homescreen or up to nine homescreens Theme Manager ★ Based on MIUI's theme engine ★ Mix and match different themes on the fly ★ Theme options: Icons, Status Bar, Boot animation, Font (requires reboot), Messaging, Framework, and Ringtones ★ Applies native ctz files, but also will apply MIUI mtz files, not all elements will theme properly with mtz packages ★ Animated boot animation preview ★ Boot animation resolution scaling B]System UI ★ Customizable toggles, compact or page view (or off) ★ Extended volume panel in page view toggles ★ Access status or navigation bars while in fullscreen apps by touching the edge of the screen ★ Circle memory meter in recents panel shows memory available and total memory ★ Enable the experimental Tablet UI on all devices Messaging ★ Reads custom notification tones from Contacts ★ Revised layout: Added messaging bubbles, removed avatar icons from conversation and put one in the action bar, quick shortcut for emojis ★ Revised layout: Added messaging bubbles, removed avatar icons from conversation and put one in the action bar, quick shortcut for emojis Security ★ Manage installed apps' permissions ★ Firewall included so you may now control which applications can use data / wifi. ...and more! See
http://forums.chamel...-8-release.387/ to find out more about what’s new in v0.8-beta

Sources

Credits

Chameleon OS

KonstaT

Cyanogenmod

Downloads

Rom

https://hotfile.com/dl/242349879/2b595f8/cos-0.8_4.3-20130828-UNOFFICIAL-atlas40.zip.html

md5:dbab0583994d58df3cc4d0c4ad37a878

Gapps

http://goo.im/gapps/...0813-signed.zip

Bugs

Bluetooth

FM Radio

Changes

Updated to Android 4.3

opscreenshots.gifopscreens.png More screenshots available on our website -- Check out our homepage at ChameleonOS.org and our forums - Bug Tracker | Gerrit Review | GitHub
We would like to thank CyanogenMod for giving us an easy foundation to develop

ChaOS for mutiple devices

Edited by robt77

Guest robt77

You might want to check your rom download link. It takes me to the file administration page.

Oops :wub: link now updated thanks for letting me know

Guest LuxXx25

A bug I noticed, every time I try to close an app in the 'Running services' tab, my settings crashes. Also the rom is good, but laggy at times, had to install Nova Launcher.

Guest robt77

A bug I noticed, every time I try to close an app in the 'Running services' tab, my settings crashes. Also the rom is good, but laggy at times, had to install Nova Launcher.

I know, have also installed Nova myself. I think the whole Settings thing hasn't built right so am trying to re build it to see if it will sort out those issues

Guest LuxXx25

I know, have also installed Nova myself. I think the whole Settings thing hasn't built right so am trying to re build it to see if it will sort out those issues

So when and if you update the build, can we just flash it without wiping the data?

Guest Something Wierd

How do you add the themes.I downloaded a bunch of them on my pc but i dont know how to add them.

Edit1 Found it.You just have to put it in ChaOS/theme and then clear cache or reboot. :)

Edit2 You don't have to do do the reboot cache thingy all you need to do is put it to themes,but the themes don't apply properly.Only the font,ringtone and background.

Edited by Something Wierd

Guest aleksandar069

can you make a Chameleon custom ROM with working Bluetooth plese. Why did you just do not copy the bluetooth files from the stock rom of blade 3 and paste it on Chameleon custom ROM?

Guest robt77

Unfortunately, it is based on 4.2.2, and Bluetooth does not work on our devices because of a change Google has made on any 4.2.2. If you want Bluetooth working, KonstaT's CM10 or my build of PACman will have working Bluetooth

• 4 weeks later...
Guest aleksandar069

I am trying.......but running into issues. But since it is working a lot better than previous version I decided to release it.

are is this ROM based on MIUI od CM? Did Bluetooth work a little?

Guest robt77

It is CM based, however you can use miui themes if you so wish. Bluetooth should work as I have build it using KonstaT sources but I have somehow messed up using the patches and it does not work but the radio does....

• 2 weeks later...