• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

suskisunami

suskisunami

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Devices:Feiteng H7189
Hello guys I need some help .. we all know that instagram as updated and as a new feature that we able to make short videos.. so I was starting filming then i realized that my film was flashing .. I tried again but still the same problem .. I'm running the 20130619 update from cm 10.1 .. Someone have the same problem as me ? I need help :l

fraska

fraska

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • Interests:Informatics, Smartphones, Android, Modding, etc
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300
  • Twitter:@favaroooo
I have the same problem

Posted Image

Google Nexus 4
ROM: Android 4.3 JWR66J | Recovery: Stock | Radio: 2.0.1700.84 | Kernel: franco.Kernel

suskisunami

suskisunami

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
Can someone help us ? :c

fraska

fraska

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts
I think that is a CyanogenMod problem with Instagram like some months ago with Instagram's advanced camera

Edited by fraska, 22 June 2013 - 04:46 PM.

Posted Image

Google Nexus 4
ROM: Android 4.3 JWR66J | Recovery: Stock | Radio: 2.0.1700.84 | Kernel: franco.Kernel

suskisunami

suskisunami

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
idk but I tried for example.. I was using Electra Rom by kyan .. and there's a HUGE but huge error xD the camera frozen and the app just shut off .. then I tried cm Rom and it has this flashing error ... I think we need to wait from a instagram update ... idk :l

kyan31

kyan31

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,798 posts
Electra is based on an older version on CM, probably explaining your problem.

e2199c4dbb.png823c51b6b0.pngc3f6e04cdb.pngbc36a18046.pngead60d1912.pngf8e931c69e.png

Like my work? Hit that +1 button as a thank you! Want to support me? You could consider donating! :)

suskisunami

suskisunami

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
ohh I see kyan but i like a lot your ROM I'm waiting for the update hehe hmm but how about cm ? is there any problem or it's the app ?

joandrade

joandrade

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts
  • Twitter:@0xJoao
The problem is still there. From the logcat I took, I take it it's a programming problem, which will probably be solved soon:

E/AndroidRuntime(28479): FATAL EXCEPTION: Thread-1451
E/AndroidRuntime(28479): java.lang.IllegalStateException
E/AndroidRuntime(28479): at android.media.MediaCodec.start(Native Method)
E/AndroidRuntime(28479): at com.instagram.android.video.fragment.VideoScrubberFragment$ScrubberRenderController.prepareCodec(VideoScrubberFragment.java:453)
E/AndroidRuntime(28479): at com.instagram.android.video.fragment.VideoScrubberFragment$ScrubberRenderController.prepareCodecSafe(VideoScrubberFragment.java:412)
E/AndroidRuntime(28479): at com.instagram.android.video.fragment.VideoScrubberFragment$ScrubberRenderController.preInit(VideoScrubberFragment.java:315)
E/AndroidRuntime(28479): at com.instagram.android.video.gl.GLRenderContext.run(GLRenderContext.java:209)
E/AndroidRuntime(28479): at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:856)

EDIT: I think the problem I have is a bit different from you. I can actually record a video just fine, and it crashes when choosing the "cover frame" (which I think it is a thumbnail for the video). It never loads the video frames you can choose from. Anyways, the logcat is there if someone can shed some light on the matter :)

Edited by joandrade, 22 June 2013 - 08:46 PM.

If I helped you, hit the green rep button. :)

fraska

fraska

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

I can actually record a video just fine, and it crashes when choosing the "cover frame" (which I think it is a thumbnail for the video)

Me too :(

Posted Image

Google Nexus 4

suskisunami

suskisunami

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
Joandrade wich Rom are you using ?

joandrade

joandrade

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

Joandrade wich Rom are you using ?

I'm on CM10.1 (20130619)

george109

george109

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts
  • Interests:Burning up my G300, (and my hands!) by overclocking it and leaving cookie clickers open for 12 hours while leaving it on charge!
    Technology in general, biking and canoeing.
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy S4 - GT-I9505

I'm on CM10.1 (20130619)

If you haven't done it already, you should post the log to the CM10.1 thread so Dazzozo knows the problem, and then you will have more chance of a fix. :)

Edited by george109, 23 June 2013 - 06:49 PM.

:excl:A WARNING TO ALL G300 OWNERS! Please Read! (The Flash Memory Problem!) :excl:

Tutorial: How To (Officially) Unlock Your Bootloader! (The long way, but which definitely works)

Please, Do not use the HuaweiG300.com Tutorial on how to unlock your bootloader, it is better to unlock it officially with my tutorial!

Hello. I am really busy at the moment, so if you PM me, or need help from me, don't expect a reply for a few days weeks months.

Using giffgaff? Well, switch to 3. Its better in every way!

Proof:

Spoiler

My Device:

Huawei Ascend G300 (U8815) - Sold!

Samsung Galaxy S4 (Black) - The LTE Version - GT-I9505

(Ignore the links above (if there is one). It's a skimwords (advertising) link and nothing to do with me!)

The ROMS I have used:

Spoiler

Download Blink, a great app that controls the status LED on the G300!

Wait for 5 seconds and then click skip ad! Do not download anything in the ad window, that is not the app!

Did I help you?

If I did, Please press the rep_up1.png button, in the bottom right hand corner of my posts.

(If not, Press it anyway!)

If I really helped you, you could also donate to me. Thanks!  :) 

joandrade

joandrade

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

If you haven't done it already, you should post the log to the CM10.1 thread so Dazzozo knows the problem, and then you will have more chance of a fix. :)

I haven't done it because it's probably something wrong with the instagram app that will get fixed in time. But I'll give it a shot!

EDIT: It's probably better if I update first, could be something related to CM10.1 too :P

Edited by joandrade, 23 June 2013 - 08:10 PM.

diogo_rs_oliveira

diogo_rs_oliveira

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300

I haven't done it because it's probably something wrong with the instagram app that will get fixed in time. But I'll give it a shot!

EDIT: It's probably better if I update first, could be something related to CM10.1 too :P

I have the same problem. Is it fixed? :/

george109

george109

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts
  • Interests:Burning up my G300, (and my hands!) by overclocking it and leaving cookie clickers open for 12 hours while leaving it on charge!
    Technology in general, biking and canoeing.
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy S4 - GT-I9505
I hav had this problem on CM10 since sometime like march - april. It had this problem.
I have been on CM10.1 and I have not had this problem. I have also stayed with Electra (A fork of CM10.1) ever since the release date, and it does not have this problem. It is only on CM10 for me - I have also had no camera issues

:excl:A WARNING TO ALL G300 OWNERS! Please Read! (The Flash Memory Problem!) :excl:

Tutorial: How To (Officially) Unlock Your Bootloader! (The long way, but which definitely works)

Please, Do not use the HuaweiG300.com Tutorial on how to unlock your bootloader, it is better to unlock it officially with my tutorial!

Hello. I am really busy at the moment, so if you PM me, or need help from me, don't expect a reply for a few days weeks months.

Using giffgaff? Well, switch to 3. Its better in every way!

Proof:

Spoiler

My Device:

Huawei Ascend G300 (U8815) - Sold!

Samsung Galaxy S4 (Black) - The LTE Version - GT-I9505

(Ignore the links above (if there is one). It's a skimwords (advertising) link and nothing to do with me!)

The ROMS I have used:

Spoiler

Download Blink, a great app that controls the status LED on the G300!

Wait for 5 seconds and then click skip ad! Do not download anything in the ad window, that is not the app!

Did I help you?

If I did, Please press the rep_up1.png button, in the bottom right hand corner of my posts.

(If not, Press it anyway!)

If I really helped you, you could also donate to me. Thanks!  :) 

joandrade

joandrade

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

I have the same problem. Is it fixed? :/

I'm on the July 3rd nightly and it isn't fixed yet. It's also worth mentioning that my instagram is up to date (4.0.2, updated June 23rd).

I hav had this problem on CM10 since sometime like march - april. It had this problem.
I have been on CM10.1 and I have not had this problem. I have also stayed with Electra (A fork of CM10.1) ever since the release date, and it does not have this problem. It is only on CM10 for me - I have also had no camera issues

Can you actually record and upload a video on instagram?
I'd be willing to try Electra if it works.

diogo_rs_oliveira

diogo_rs_oliveira

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Can you actually record and upload a video on instagram?
I'd be willing to try Electra if it works.

I'll try with Electra ROM and post here if it works! ;)

diogo_rs_oliveira

diogo_rs_oliveira

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
Already tested! Same bug with Electra. Must be an Instagram error. We'll have to wait <_<

joandrade

joandrade

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts
Hey, now that instagram has been updated and now includes video recording on 4.0+ devices, I'd like to know if anyone has been successful recording a video. Try it out and if you have any results, report saying which ROM you're running.

Cheers

diogo_rs_oliveira

diogo_rs_oliveira

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Hey, now that instagram has been updated and now includes video recording on 4.0+ devices, I'd like to know if anyone has been successful recording a video. Try it out and if you have any results, report saying which ROM you're running.

Cheers

Already tried it and it doesn't work on any rom with android 4.1 or 4.2 :/ only works with the ICS roms. I tried with Slim Rom and CM9 and it works. With PAC 4.2 and CM 10.1 and 10 it FC when choosing the video cover. I guess we'll have to wait.

Edited by diogo_rs_oliveira, 10 August 2013 - 01:22 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users