Help! instagram error ?

Guest suskisunami

Guest suskisunami

Hello guys I need some help .. we all know that instagram as updated and as a new feature that we able to make short videos.. so I was starting filming then i realized that my film was flashing .. I tried again but still the same problem .. I'm running the 20130619 update from cm 10.1 .. Someone have the same problem as me ? I need help :l

Guest fraska

I think that is a CyanogenMod problem with Instagram like some months ago with Instagram's advanced camera

Edited by fraska

Guest suskisunami

idk but I tried for example.. I was using Electra Rom by kyan .. and there's a HUGE but huge error xD the camera frozen and the app just shut off .. then I tried cm Rom and it has this flashing error ... I think we need to wait from a instagram update ... idk :l

Guest suskisunami

ohh I see kyan but i like a lot your ROM I'm waiting for the update hehe hmm but how about cm ? is there any problem or it's the app ?

Guest joandrade

The problem is still there. From the logcat I took, I take it it's a programming problem, which will probably be solved soon:

E/AndroidRuntime(28479): FATAL EXCEPTION: Thread-1451

E/AndroidRuntime(28479): java.lang.IllegalStateException

E/AndroidRuntime(28479): at android.media.MediaCodec.start(Native Method)

E/AndroidRuntime(28479): at com.instagram.android.video.fragment.VideoScrubberFragment$ScrubberRenderController.prepareCodec(VideoScrubberFragment.java:453)

E/AndroidRuntime(28479): at com.instagram.android.video.fragment.VideoScrubberFragment$ScrubberRenderController.prepareCodecSafe(VideoScrubberFragment.java:412)

E/AndroidRuntime(28479): at com.instagram.android.video.fragment.VideoScrubberFragment$ScrubberRenderController.preInit(VideoScrubberFragment.java:315)

E/AndroidRuntime(28479): at com.instagram.android.video.gl.GLRenderContext.run(GLRenderContext.java:209)

E/AndroidRuntime(28479): at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:856)

EDIT: I think the problem I have is a bit different from you. I can actually record a video just fine, and it crashes when choosing the "cover frame" (which I think it is a thumbnail for the video). It never loads the video frames you can choose from. Anyways, the logcat is there if someone can shed some light on the matter :)

Edited by joandrade

Guest fraska

I can actually record a video just fine, and it crashes when choosing the "cover frame" (which I think it is a thumbnail for the video)

Me too :(

Guest george109

I'm on CM10.1 (20130619)

If you haven't done it already, you should post the log to the CM10.1 thread so Dazzozo knows the problem, and then you will have more chance of a fix. :) Edited by george109

Guest joandrade

If you haven't done it already, you should post the log to the CM10.1 thread so Dazzozo knows the problem, and then you will have more chance of a fix. :)

I haven't done it because it's probably something wrong with the instagram app that will get fixed in time. But I'll give it a shot!

EDIT: It's probably better if I update first, could be something related to CM10.1 too :P

Edited by joandrade

• 2 weeks later...
Guest diogo_rs_oliveira

I haven't done it because it's probably something wrong with the instagram app that will get fixed in time. But I'll give it a shot!

EDIT: It's probably better if I update first, could be something related to CM10.1 too :P

I have the same problem. Is it fixed? :/

Guest george109

I hav had this problem on CM10 since sometime like march - april. It had this problem.

I have been on CM10.1 and I have not had this problem. I have also stayed with Electra (A fork of CM10.1) ever since the release date, and it does not have this problem. It is only on CM10 for me - I have also had no camera issues

Guest joandrade

I have the same problem. Is it fixed? :/

I'm on the July 3rd nightly and it isn't fixed yet. It's also worth mentioning that my instagram is up to date (4.0.2, updated June 23rd).

I hav had this problem on CM10 since sometime like march - april. It had this problem.

I have been on CM10.1 and I have not had this problem. I have also stayed with Electra (A fork of CM10.1) ever since the release date, and it does not have this problem. It is only on CM10 for me - I have also had no camera issues

Can you actually record and upload a video on instagram?

I'd be willing to try Electra if it works.

Guest diogo_rs_oliveira

Can you actually record and upload a video on instagram?

I'd be willing to try Electra if it works.

I'll try with Electra ROM and post here if it works! ;)

• 1 month later...
Guest joandrade

Hey, now that instagram has been updated and now includes video recording on 4.0+ devices, I'd like to know if anyone has been successful recording a video. Try it out and if you have any results, report saying which ROM you're running.

Cheers

Guest diogo_rs_oliveira

Hey, now that instagram has been updated and now includes video recording on 4.0+ devices, I'd like to know if anyone has been successful recording a video. Try it out and if you have any results, report saying which ROM you're running.

Cheers

Already tried it and it doesn't work on any rom with android 4.1 or 4.2 :/ only works with the ICS roms. I tried with Slim Rom and CM9 and it works. With PAC 4.2 and CM 10.1 and 10 it FC when choosing the video cover. I guess we'll have to wait.

Edited by diogo_rs_oliveira

• 4 weeks later...