Revision history
Spoiler

Features
Spoiler

ROM mods/additions
Spoiler

Bugs
Spoiler

Wishlist: Help wanted to improve this ROM with full credit to contributors.
Spoiler

Source of base ROM
Spoiler

Feature screenshots: More screenshots and comments in my initial impression post with stock icons.

Home screens with stock icons, V5 default wallpaper, Android Weather and toggle hotspot widgets and some folder reorganisation. Lockscreen doubles as MIUI Music player controls.

Attached File  homea-0.jpg   123.25KB   120 downloadsAttached File  homea-1.jpg   127KB   127 downloadsAttached File  locka-0.jpg   70.27KB   101 downloadsAttached File  locka-1.jpg   98.62KB   91 downloads

Excellent application control, low memory footprint and overall great performance. Long press home button to bring up task manager click bottom left to zap tasks to free memory or bottom right for Running Services control. Long press back key to kill current task.

Attached File  apps0.jpg   74.66KB   147 downloadsAttached File  perf0.jpg   72.91KB   180 downloadsAttached File  perf1.jpg   76.29KB   202 downloadsAttached File  Antutu.jpg   88.9KB   128 downloads

Huawei FM radio, toggles+notification pulldown and overclocking support

Attached File  FMradio.jpg   88.4KB   115 downloadsAttached File  home3.jpg   50.62KB   150 downloadsAttached File  notify0.jpg   67.11KB   123 downloadsAttached File  perf2.jpg   58.27KB   154 downloads

MiUI V5 themed home screens. Huawei's EmotionUI MEWidget on far left. My initial impressions post shows more themeing. Plus cool torch and compass.

Attached File  home0.jpg   141.83KB   140 downloadsAttached File  home1.jpg   86.21KB   136 downloadsAttached File  home2.jpg   119.97KB   130 downloadsAttached File  lock1.jpg   51.5KB   125 downloads
Attached File  theme1.jpg   90.67KB   154 downloadsAttached File  themes.jpg   61.11KB   115 downloadsAttached File  cool0.jpg   102.73KB   151 downloadsAttached File  cool1.jpg   140.43KB   146 downloads

HW Music's billboard top20 music chart tracks plus lots of free games (inc English ones). Need to intuit your way through some Chinese though. This and the odd Chinese names against themes is the only place where see Chinese characters.

Attached File  online-music.jpg   62.64KB   83 downloadsAttached File  game1.jpg   183.19KB   99 downloadsAttached File  game2.jpg   92.4KB   98 downloads

Edited by Paulzie, 18 September 2013 - 12:18 PM.

Huawei G300 ICS MIUI V4 2.7.6: fast, smooth, plenty of RAM & themes | Prev: Baidu, Stock+, Tesla, misc JB | Aussie 3G modems

smweb

smweb

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • Devices:Ascend G300
thanks for sharing, hopefully someone can work on the bugs :)

yoiyo

yoiyo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Devices:Ascend G300N
where is link for ROM??

celrau

celrau

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
Good job Paulzie. I've been running 2.7.6 with OK kernel as per your previous instructions and all is fine (except the mentioned bug) after a few days, battery is also excellent btw.

Mikac

Mikac

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300, Huawei U8110

where is link for ROM??

Google what "Pending" means

sedj

sedj

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts
Nice cant wait :)

simongr

simongr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Devices:Omnia
maybe all language. I'm Italian and i prefer to have italian language on it..
with miui i can't...
if it's possible to have it...thank you!

Pyntux

Pyntux

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 466 posts
  • Devices:G300, Alcatel Idol 6030X
Downloading...gonna try now... :)

Edit:

For now, very good... You could get v4 theme from Narkoma88 Miui cm9, he use old lock screen wich doen not have glithes like others...

Can you tell what are those chinese stuff in "recomended" in message app? But, there's "hide recomended tab" option in advanced settings, so no big deal...

There's also lag when go in to gallery, but thats because effects are turned off, so you can try to use miui gallery and miui camera :)

For now this is my daily rom, everything is good...

If I can help somehow to improve this rom, I'm online... :)

Edited by Pyntux, 24 June 2013 - 08:55 AM.

Mirayi

Mirayi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I Installed it :) I really like it :)

But there's something not working, when i was trying to restore some applications it wouldn't restore, so i went to the store and those apps like Google +, Contacts +, Android Weather and some more said "Incompatible with your phone Huawei U8815".

I hope this has some kind of fix :) Other than that, just the gallery doesn't load my sd card stuff but i installed picfolder and works just fine.

Paulzie

Paulzie

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300

I Installed it :) I really like it :)

But there's something not working, when i was trying to restore some applications it wouldn't restore, so i went to the store and those apps like Google +, Contacts +, Android Weather and some more said "Incompatible with your phone Huawei U8815".

I hope this has some kind of fix :) Other than that, just the gallery doesn't load my sd card stuff but i installed picfolder and works just fine.

Can you provide an exact app that doesn't install from Play for you? I just installed Google Maps fine. Don't see an "android weather" you mention to try. The fix would be getting the right device/product names in the build.prop file, which I had assumed were correct.

The supplied Gallery is a Huawei one that is needed for the "choose an album" picture/link to work from the MEWidget. Other gallery utils like the Google one wont work there but if not using MEWidget's "choose an album" icon then it doesn't matter.

Edited by Paulzie, 24 June 2013 - 02:54 PM.

Huawei G300 ICS MIUI V4 2.7.6: fast, smooth, plenty of RAM & themes | Prev: Baidu, Stock+, Tesla, misc JB | Aussie 3G modems

Mirayi

Mirayi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Can you provide an exact app that doesn't install from Play for you? I just installed Google Maps fine. Don't see an "android weather" you mention to try. The fix would be getting the right device/product names in the build.prop file, which I had assumed were correct.

The supplied Gallery is a Huawei one that is needed for the Gallery picture to work from the MEWidget. Other gallery utils like the Google one wont work there but if not using MEWidget's Gallery icon then it doesn't matter.

The apps that don't install for me are the ones i said:
Posted Image
I don't know why because all the others work :/

Edit:
I got it to work, i used the Market Helper http://codekiem.com/.../market-helper/ and i could download them from the market :)

Edited by Mirayi, 25 June 2013 - 07:09 AM.

kyan31

kyan31

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,885 posts
@Paulzie

Change your build.prop settings so the phone is recognised as an ASCEND G300. Then more apps should work correctly. Also, when adding Antutu scores to your opening post, disable the SD card benchmark for accurate results.

Edited by kyan31, 24 June 2013 - 05:57 PM.

e2199c4dbb.png823c51b6b0.pngc3f6e04cdb.pngbc36a18046.pngead60d1912.pnge46a22ae54.png

Phones: Samsung Galaxy S4 Qualcomm & Huawei Ascend G300

PC: AMD FX 8350 8 CORE 4.2Ghz CPU, 16GB 1600Mhz Kingston HyperX RAM, Gigabyte R9 270X Winforce Edition GPU

Like my work? Hit that +1 button as a thank you! Want to support me? You could consider donating!  :)

Subscribe to my YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/thekyan31

dadi11

dadi11

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Interests:Drums
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300
  • Twitter:@dadi113
is it multilanguage? which languages are included?
yes it is, i've checked :D thanks i will stay on it :)
waiting for updates

Paulzie, could you make MIUIv5 too? :D

when i'm trying to change language to Polish (Polski), settings force closes

Edited by dadi11, 24 June 2013 - 08:32 PM.

Posted Image

sedj

sedj

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts
Is there any way of removing the app labels in the home screen? I think it would look a lot better without them.
I know another launcher would do it but i don't want to loose the Miui effect.
Good job regardless :)

Paulzie

Paulzie

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Downloading...gonna try now... :)

Edit:

For now, very good... You could get v4 theme from Narkoma88 Miui cm9, he use old lock screen wich doen not have glithes like others...

Can you tell what are those chinese stuff in "recomended" in message app? But, there's "hide recomended tab" option in advanced settings, so no big deal...

There's also lag when go in to gallery, but thats because effects are turned off, so you can try to use miui gallery and miui camera :)

For now this is my daily rom, everything is good...

If I can help somehow to improve this rom, I'm online... :)

Thanks. I've noted the fix for that Chinese text in the opening post. Something I skimmed and missed. ROM improvement suggestions are most welcome :)

The apps that don't install for me are the ones i said:
Posted Image
I don't know why because all the others work :/

Edit:
I got it to work, i used the Market Helper http://codekiem.com/.../market-helper/ and i could download them from the market :)

Yes, after trying:

- Geno 2.7.6 and 3.2.27 release -> same problem
- HTC Desire HD build.prop entry -> same problem
- B960/B952 build.prop -> same problem

I too resorted to using Market Helper to get the apps too. Strange thing is even though I set it to make the phone appear as a Nexus 4, the web version of the Play store identified it as a "Huawei Ascend G300". Is that what happened for you too?

Now the Market Helper sets the operator, something that the build.prop fixes I tried so far didn't do. I'm wondering if that's the cause of the probem?

@Paulzie

Change your build.prop settings so the phone is recognised as an ASCEND G300. Then more apps should work correctly. Also, when adding Antutu scores to your opening post, disable the SD card benchmark for accurate results.

Thank you for the feedback. I tried many build.prop fixes per response above this one and still couldn't nut it out. Fixed the Antutu score too.

Is there any way of removing the app labels in the home screen? I think it would look a lot better without them.
I know another launcher would do it but i don't want to loose the Miui effect.
Good job regardless :)

I agree, it would look good without the labels but I see no option for that in the launcher settings.

is it multilanguage? which languages are included?
yes it is, i've checked :D thanks i will stay on it :)
waiting for updates

Paulzie, could you make MIUIv5 too? :D

There's a V5 thread on here. If you try it would be curious how it's performance compares. I found 2.7.13 or newer builds are overly taxing on memory resources. This one runs as smooth and fast as a stock ICS one but brings a stack of awesome MiUI features with it.

dadi11

dadi11

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Interests:Drums
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300
  • Twitter:@dadi113

There's a V5 thread on here. If you try it would be curious how it's performance compares. I found 2.7.13 or newer builds are overly taxing on memory resources. This one runs as smooth and fast as a stock ICS one but brings a stack of awesome MiUI features with it.

yes i know, i've tried them, and i'm using this MIUIv4.. btw i have amount of ~70MB free ram and less :(
but i mean, could you make fast, stable, smooth and low taking memory MIUIv5 like this rom? :P

Edited by dadi11, 25 June 2013 - 11:35 AM.

Posted Image

Mirayi

Mirayi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Thanks. I've noted the fix for that Chinese text in the opening post. Something I skimmed and missed. ROM improvement suggestions are most welcome :)

Yes, after trying:

- Geno 2.7.6 and 3.2.27 release -> same problem
- HTC Desire HD build.prop entry -> same problem
- B960/B952 build.prop -> same problem

I too resorted to using Market Helper to get the apps too. Strange thing is even though I set it to make the phone appear as a Nexus 4, the web version of the Play store identified it as a "Huawei Ascend G300". Is that what happened for you too?

Now the Market Helper sets the operator, something that the build.prop fixes I tried so far didn't do. I'm wondering if that's the cause of the probem?

Thank you for the feedback. I tried many build.prop fixes per response above this one and still couldn't nut it out. Fixed the Antutu score too.

I agree, it would look good without the labels but I see no option for that in the launcher settings.

After reserching for the Market Helper i found loads of posts that led me to the google apps "missing library" problem, so then i installed google apps again, i guess that's why i could finally download the apps from the Markert with the help of the Market Helper (Nexus 4) thing after refreshing the dashboard (as it said on the site), maybe that's why your still appeared as Ascend G300.
Hope it helped :)

Just a suggestion, maybe you could put the google apps with the rom all together, maybe that would solve the problem :3

Mikac

Mikac

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300, Huawei U8110
did someone had network problems? I have one of those "funny sim cards" and when I flashed this rom, with full wipes of course, didn't have network at all, neither 2g or 3g...never had that or similar problem on any rom before...if it's relevant, i have officially unlocked bootloader

Paulzie

Paulzie

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

did someone had network problems? I have one of those "funny sim cards" and when I flashed this rom, with full wipes of course, didn't have network at all, neither 2g or 3g...never had that or similar problem on any rom before...if it's relevant, i have officially unlocked bootloader

The first boot would see my 3G connection fail. Need to power off either by pulling the battery or using Settings->Factory->fastboot=off, then restart as a fix.

yes i know, i've tried them, and i'm using this MIUIv4.. btw i have amount of ~70MB free ram and less :(
but i mean, could you make fast, stable, smooth and low taking memory MIUIv5 like this rom? :P

Long-press home button to bring up the task manager, then ZAP the processes with the left bottom button. Press right-bottom button to bring up App process control.

After reserching for the Market Helper i found loads of posts that led me to the google apps "missing library" problem, so then i installed google apps again, i guess that's why i could finally download the apps from the Markert with the help of the Market Helper (Nexus 4) thing after refreshing the dashboard (as it said on the site), maybe that's why your still appeared as Ascend G300.
Hope it helped :)

Just a suggestion, maybe you could put the google apps with the rom all together, maybe that would solve the problem :3

I've made a candidate R2 build that's merged Google apps and so gets rid of the missing library error. Still needed Market Helper to get the Android Weather though.

Building 2.7.10 on a B960 platform

I tried to do a copy across of files to make a B960 + 2.7.10 build but found out the hard way that MIUI integrates into the base build. Required would be applying patchrom/u8815 to 2.7.10 source + [ROM][ICS] Stock+ ROM . Task looks a bit daunting so I've PMed the patchrom/u8815 author josalaito on here to see if he can assist.

Edited by Paulzie, 27 June 2013 - 06:11 PM.

celrau

celrau

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

The first boot would see my 3G connection fail. Need to power off either by pulling the battery or using Settings->Factory->fastboot=off, then restart as a fix.

Long-press home button to bring up the task manager, then ZAP the processes with the left bottom button. Press right-bottom button to bring up App process control.

I've made a candidate R2 build that's merged Google apps and so gets rid of the missing library error. Still needed Market Helper to get the Android Weather though.

Building 2.7.10 on a B960 platform

I tried to do a copy across of files to make a B960 + 2.7.10 build but found out the hard way that MIUI integrates into the base build. Required would be applying patchrom/u8815 to 2.7.10 source + [ROM][ICS] Stock+ ROM. Task looks a bit daunting so I've PMed the patchrom/u8815 author josalaito on here to see if he can assist.

I never understood the benefits of B960 over B926 but as an exercise it would be interesting to get a Miui built for U8815, good luck. I would also caution against the benefits of too many init scripts and/or build.prop additions since in my experience (confirmed by some people with knowledge) they are mostly hype and work only as long as the placebo effect lasts. I'm still running your initial recipe and am quite satisfied with it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users